Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maximum number of CPEs connected to VM Hub 3.0

Options
  • 09-09-2021 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

My Virgin Media Hub 3.0 (the white one) is setup in modem mode. This way I am connecting 4 hosts directly to internet and getting public IPs via DHCP. This morning there was a power outage and after that 2 out of 4 hosts stopped getting the public IP from VirginMedia's DHCP. There's a setting in modem mode which says "Maximum number of CPEs: 10". I read this as able to connect up to 10 devices and they will be served with an address from VM DHCP.

For the 2 hosts which don't work anymore the DHCP Discover is going out, I can see broadcast traffic from other subscribers but no DHCP offer is received (I am using tcpdump on one of the hosts). I changed the MAC address but same result.

Any ideas? What is the actual number of CPEs supported?

Post edited by buzz77 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The report has always been 4, Ive only ever had 2 max 3 in service.

Advertisement