Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build broadband connection.

Options
  • 09-09-2021 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys,

Just wondering what does the process of connecting broadband to a new build looks like? Who do I need to contact and how much will it cost?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,055 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I don't have any personal experience of this but you should contact your chosen broadband supplier where you would be given all the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Get a phone line is your first port of call, from this phone line you can get BB if you have no fiber on the road outside your house.

Make sure you get an eircode

If you want FTTH it doesn't depend on the phone line but its either NBI, Eir or Siro. I am moving into a house a build in 2 weeks time and in the NBI area and I missed the survey because I didnt have an eircode or the house built when they were doing the survey. The service is live but they are saying it will take them 2 years before they get back to me...(yes that right 2 years)...and the fiber is live now and my next door neighbor is connected. Anyway I'm fighting it and there is no way IM going to accept 2 f**king years when I could be connected in the morning if some one pushes a button on a computer.

Anyway I went on a bit of a rant 😁

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Advertisement