Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comms cabinet in a Residential house

Options
  • 09-09-2021 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking for suggestions on types of comms cabinets. The house is being renovated at the moment and I'll have about 20 Cat 6 cables running back to a specific point in the kitchen, in a corner near the new combi boiler. Eventually (when we can afford a new kitchen (!)) I will get that section boxed in behind new kitchen cabinets, but I'm wondering what are my option are for a comms box. There will obviously be a 24 port switch panel, all the cables and a router. We have a cable which could connect to the Siro cable out in the front ESB pole, and we have an existing Eir cable coming in from the back, so I have flexibility with suppliers of broadband.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement