Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching SIRO provider

Options
  • 10-09-2021 10:02am

Hi all,

What's the process for switching SIRO providers? Is it the same as xDSL where you just contact the new company? I'm currently 30 days from contract end with Vodafone, and the bill is due to increase from €35 to €80, and I can get the same from Pure for €40.

Should I initiate the process now, or closer to when the contract ends?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭onform

I'm in a similar boat to yourself. With Vodafone and contract is up on 12th October. When I rang Vodafone to see what price it would be after my 12 month offer was up, they said I would need to give them 30 days notice to cancel. I rang Sky to see what they could do for Siro, and they were saying if you're keeping Siro you're better off ordering with the new supplier and let them take over the service. But I would also like to hear from if someone who has actually changed Siro provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Downsey77

I've just started the process of switching from my SIRO service from Sky to Pure Telecoms (Via Rural Wifi).

I spoke to Sky cancellation team and tried to get them to bargain but they wouldn't go below €50 per month for 1GB so I decided to switch.

The Sky operator gave me my UAN number and told me to give that to my new supplier (which I did) and they will manage the changeover process.

He told me you don't need to cancel when you switch to another SIRO operator, its only if you were switching to Virgin that you would need to give them the 30-day notice to cancel.

Started the process about a week ago, not heard anything since regarding a specific changeover date.

Advertisement