Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 sets of letters confirming direct debit

Options
  • 10-09-2021 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,

I initiated the switch to EI earlier this week. This morning I received 2 letters confirming my direct debit details. One for gas, and one for Electricity. Whilst I can see there are 2 different contract account numbers (gas and electric), surely it would be better environmentally and cost wise to send a single letter - or better yet, the fact I signed up for paperless billing (or at least, I thought I did) - the information could have been sent via email with PDF attachment.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi there,

Thank you for choosing Electric Ireland and for your feedback.

If you would like us to make sure you're registered for Online Billing, please send a private message the Electric Ireland Reps account your details.

We need to please provide:

• Your full name
    • Your account number
    • Your address
    • Your contact number
    • Confirmation that you are the account holder (Yes/No)

Kind regards,

Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Legit_ie

Hi Aoife, I checked my account online and the online billing option is definitely turned on.

I would hazard a guess that there is probably some requirement to send Direct Debit confirmation out by post, and really the main reason for the contact was what I would perceive as waste and cost of sending 2 envelopes with the same information (one for gas, one for electricity account).

Something to pass on as I'd imagine it's a not insignificant cost - and those savings could be passed on to customers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭Tow

They probably have two different Creditor Scheme IDs and/or gave you two different Mandate IDs.

The are required under the SEPA Direct Debit scheme to provide your with your Mandate IDs (UMRs) in writing and are required to use different Mandates for different purposes.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement