Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any opthamologists that can capture high quality fundus photography?

• 11-09-2021 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I'm planning on booking a floater-only vitrectomy in the States. Before the opthamologist there sees me, he would like to see a high quality image of my retina in order to spare me the expense of travelling for nothing if he isn't able to operate.

I showed him the ones I got taken in Specsavers but he says that they're too low quality (only around 2MB). He was wondering if I can go to an opthamologist who can take an image of the back of my eye with a DSLR camera in either JPEG or TIFF format so that the image has a much greater resolution (10-20MB)

I asked my GP about this and even he himself didn't know at all. Would any opthalmic clinics in ireland have such facilities as the one below?

Comments

Advertisement