Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Indicating in mini-roundabouts inside housing estate going right

Options
  • 11-09-2021 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

One ADI recently told me that in mini roundabouts mostly inside housing estates (speed limits in 30 zone) with less space, while going right ( 2nd or 3rd exit) we only signal right. There is no need to change the signal to left just before my intended exit. He also told me that those roundabouts can't be used to do a U-turn, so signal right is enough.

I also got a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtBy4-4lks that says something similar. Is it actually true? I can't find something related in Rules of the road, I asked one more ADIs, they said it is not true and we have to signal left. Can someone advice about this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,628 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Personally I always signal left when leaving any kind of roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Signalling left if nothing else, ingrains good habits.

One piece of advice I'd offer anyone learning to drive and venturing into the roads is always, always, always ensure you signal your intent. It is a habit that will stand you well. Just because you don't need to indicate, IMO doesn't mean you don't. It's far better for driving habit, and as a signal if intent to other road users.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sadlil

Thanks for the answer. Yeah, All the points are true.

Advertisement