Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEPA/Standing Order transfer AIB to BoI

• 12-09-2021 8:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

How long does a transfer from AIB to BoI take when BIC and IBAN provided and the transaction is carried out online? I think this process has sped up lately as I was transferring from BoI to Revolut and it was same day! Just wondering if anyone has experienced it?

Comments

I think most of my standing orders take a day.

When I top up my Revolut however, I don't use a standing order, I use my debit card details, so it's not processed as a standing order, it's more similar to a point-of-sale transaction you'd perform when online shopping or at a POS terminal in a shop. Those show up on your account immediately and then the funds are cleared in the background depending on the merchant's procedures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭SourSessions

It depends on the time of day you carry out the transfer but if you did it first thing it will often be same day. Standing order that goes out automatically should be same day.

Sending a transfer *from* BOI is another story. They seem to do less batches per day.

Advertisement