Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] Disputing one month ban

Options
  • 13-09-2021 11:31am

Hi

Ive been banned for one month in the soccer forum but would like to appeal the ban please.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

I can’t share the posts involved as I don’t have access.

The mod that banned me was DM_7 if that helps.

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Have you tried to resolve this via PM with the mod in question?

Absolutely.

No movement.

So what’s next ?

176 views but not much happening for the viewers.

• Advertisement

So to be clear, you lost access because you picked up a warning and an infraction in 2 weeks. Both for the same thing, might I add.

In the first instance, you made a post that asserted a player had committed and admitted to a crime they have neither been convicted of, and even deny. This post was removed and the moderator warned you about making these sort of statements via PM. Rather than taking this onboard, you felt the need to start a thread a week later on the exact same topic, again asserting that a crime had been committed.

Cards upheld, so the ban stands. When you return, please be very careful about the contents of your posts.

Ha.

great process altogether.

sure why would you need my input ?

Is this a new part of the appeal process whereby the appellant doesn’t get to say anything ?

Or is it the next stage of the process I get to say something ?

Can we escalate to that stage please ?

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

I have flagged this for admin review.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I hope to look at this later on

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

klopparama, did you or did you not post on two occasions make accusations that a player had committed and admitted to a crime they have not been convicted of, and that they deny?

That’s the first question, relating to the ban, I’ve been asked in this process.

So in line with Awec’s approach above I will say this -

I received a warning from DM_7 on September 4th for being ‘obviously on a wind up.’

So that was my first warning.

I wasn’t on a ‘wind-up’ and I pointed that out to DM_7

I posted about the story again in the general forum (I’m guessing about a week later) and on September 12th I received the 1 month ban from DM_7 for the following - ‘Blatant. You were already warned for this type of post and then start a thread where you categorically state that a crime took place. Forum access removed as infraction on top of wanring in a one month ban.’

Prior to the ban (and prior to my second post which led to the ban) I mentioned to DM_7 that I would post about the subject again, but in the general forum (not in the M United forum), unless he objected. He didn’t object. I then posted it in the general forum. He then banned me.

That felt a little bit baity to me when he could have said, for example, ‘you can post away about the subject but be very careful with your wording as it could have legal ramifications for Boards so don’t state as fact a crime was committed’.

So the above example I’ve laid out is a way to educate your users and it would have taken seconds to send.

I was accused of being ‘on a wind-up’ so I thought that was the main problem.

However I now understand that my wording of the article is actually a legal problem for Boards which is obviously a different problem and not one I intended.

The water was muddied, imo, by DM_7 coming at me for a couple of different things and me focusing on the wrong one.

Our communication could have been better.

If my actual mistake was not using words like ‘alleged’ and other legally protective words then that’s definitely my bad and something I’ve learned from this process.

The manner is which this was dealt with and the severity of the ban seems very unfair. And especially if my only crime was not using legally protective words like ‘allegedly’ and so on.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

OK, I read that as "yes I did"

Were you on a wind up? Posting that allegation in the Manchester United thread? Seriously? And after having that dealt with then starting a dedicated thread. Without doubt yes you were on a wind up and do not try and hide behind the excuse that the mod did not instruct you not to. Did he tell you you could? Of course he did not.

Ban upheld

Resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement