Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New World

Options
  • 13-09-2021 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

I've been addicted to this game since the closed beta. OMG 17 professions to level up is my idea of heaven in an RPG game. I really love the fact that there are quests designed for the upgrade/upkeep of your settlements that are purely profession based.

I also really like how the class system involves levelling up weapons rather than picking a specific class.

Will anyone else be getting this on launch day? If so would you be interested in setting up a company with me?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Really enjoyed the OB at the weekend, combat is just amazing putting everything else to shame in the mmo market imo.

As someone who really dislikes crafting in mmos it is so well done in this game.

By far the most immersive mmo ive played, i reckon il be buying at release, i just hope as a non pvp player it will offer some form of pve endgame.

Not sure why double posting?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

There seems to be a lot of stuff to do for PVE and PVP endgame wise . I'm not a huge fan of pvp myself but I think I might try it in this game. It sounds like a clusterball of chaos!

Yeah ive since looked into endgame systems and its looking decent.

This video sums it up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I'll be on the Tir Na Nog server tomorrow if all goes well :)

cant wait to fish again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭cheezums

i think it'll be tons of fun for a month or two. after that who knows. been let down by too many mmorpgs over the years so keeping my expectations low.

Ive put away GW2 and FFXIV since i jumped into this, its very very good to be fair.

The combat alone will keep bringing me back but for someone who hates mmo crafting and pvp both are incredibly well done in this.

The world immersion and feel is the best in any mmo, the combat too is the best there is imo, graphically stunning with solid pve and pvp.

Nothing more to say really, its a breath of fresh air in the mmo genre.

LOL so you dont like it.

50 hours played and not having any of those issues, not saying your wrong but im not seeing it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I am currently lvl 27 on Yadlir est coast usa server, few friends are on there but i regret it as all the big battles with the stupid 12 hour time gap's im just not able to play them. I feel like they really need to reduce that timer to like every 3 hour's. The pve is shite the quests are shite, the gathering/crafting is addictive and i like the skill system which i usually dislike in other games like gw2 for example.

I am having fun had a big pvp fight outside windsward the other night the gold in repairs needs to be nerfed i lost half my money from repairs pvp'ing. The combat is so janky it's crazy trying to hit your target in pvp does my head in you can be right in front of some one and fly over to the right of them and miss them completely. Also you cant hit enemies on stairs if they are slightly below you. Anyway i am enjoying it but its far from top tier it's a very average mmo but i am enjoying it has a great base so hopefully they can keep with the momentum and fix and add decent content. Factions are a joke from any server i have been on so far everyone just snow balls into the most dominate color. Enjoying it but i can see a lot of people droping off around lvl 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I like it myself, besides the running/no mounts I find everything done very well from a quality of life point of view, granted I'd be a casual mmo person really.

I actually really like the way they went with combat, it's simple and action oriented as opposed to standing and waiting for 1-10 to cool down, perfect? No but I like it.

Hit level 25 the weekend and did the first dungeon with a team of 3, really enjoyed that.

Gathering and crafting is the most addictive I've played in an mmo.

Annoying as **** that they don't have server swap in place yet so I can get my main on with friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I hated FF. It was basically endless dialogue with a very very very slight peppering of actually doing anything. At least with NW you're actually doing things instead of reading endless badly written dialogue. Even if you skipped, you'd still be spending hours and hours skipping the dialogue.

I enjoyed New World until lvl 50 or so then the lack of content hit home, i did manage to grind to 60 but left it at that but i will return at some stage.

I jumped back into FFxiv earlier this year and really enjoyed it for a couple of months but ive no interest in the story and the cutscenes done my head in.

I know the story is the highlight for a lot of people probably most of the playerbase but i cancelled my pre order for endwalker because of the story and cutscenes :P

Shame really as i really enjoyed the White Mage and the new jobs look decent.

Advertisement