Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short-legged textile pants -- who does them?

Options
  • 13-09-2021 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭

Hi folks -- looking to replace my touring/commuting gear (jacket + pants). Problem is I'm quite short (5 foot 7, 170cm, about 80cm inseam) but quite stocky; 60cm thighs, 32 or 33" (84cm) waist... It's really hard to find textile pants that are short enough and not too tight.

I've had Hein Gericke for almost 10 years. Size 26 trousers (I think they're for women!!?) and size 50 jacket. They were big/spacious enough to wear a set of clothes underneath if needed.

I really don't have much time to visit any shops, and have a bit of a tour coming up so hoping to buy online. I know it's not ideal.

I'm really looking for suggestions/links/manufacturers that do a "M" in trousers basically, but with "short" leg version. Alpinestars have a v4 drystar pants with "short" leg version (e.g., https://www.motorcycleshop.ie/alpinestars-andes-v3-drystar-trousers-black-63824-p.asp), but I actually want a better textile + armor as I'll likely use these daily for another 10 years; I am happy to spend a bit.

Oddly, AS they don't seem to offer "short leg" versions for anything other than THAT particular product, which is odd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Maybe look at the Oxford Mondial range. They do a small size. Laminated as well. So ideal for commuting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

As long as you don't have issue with branding BMW Streetguard is top quality and they have a tonne of odd ball sizes and very comprehensive sizing chart.

I took all the measurements ordered the size and still good 5 years on.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭rat_race

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

I actually went with the Mondial range. Large pants (short legged version) + large jacket. Very happy with the fit, more or less equivalent to what I had from Hein Gericke -- can wear a set of clothes underneath. I would say if you get the fit to match your measurements, it'd be tight -- and look better, but be a little less comfortable/movable.

Post edited by rat_race on

Advertisement