Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I close current account, can I still access credit card account online?

Options
  • 14-09-2021 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I have a Bank of Ireland current account, and a Bank of Ireland Mastercard credit card account.

Currently when I log in to 365 Online, I have access to the details/transactions of both accounts - everything is fine.

I no longer make any use of the current account. Recent transactions are basically just the monthly €6 account maintenance fee.

If I close the current account, will I continue to be able to log in to 365 Online with the same details, and continue to have access to the credit card account?

Basically, I just want to be able to monitor transactions and download PDF statements.

Answers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for checking in with us.

Yes you will still have access to the credit card as you do now by logging in through the Mobile App and/or site. This will not change.

To close the account, you can bring the balance to 0.00 and close online with us here - https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/faq/close-current-account/

Hoping this information is helpful to you,

Many thanks

Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭osullc10

Hello there,

I submitted my request to close my current account, which was duly acknowledged and actioned. I received an email at 4am this morning telling me that my closing statement "will be available shortly on 365 online". I just logged in to 365 Online now and the account/statement is, unsurprisingly, nowhere to be found.

How can I access this closing statement? Surely BoI has thought of this eventuality

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for checking in with us.

It can take a day or two for the process to fully complete.

You can also login on App, select Services and scroll to Send a Message a colleague with account access can help you further.

Hope the info helps,

Many thanks

Alison

Hi, I don't have the app - and I'm not planning on installing it. The website is all I use. I use a BoI Physical Security Key (which by the way is way too small - didn't anyone at BoI think of the actual user base for these PSKs when they were being chosen?!)

What do you mean "It can take a day or two for the process to fully complete"? It seems to me the process is already complete.

Where do I download the closing statement on my account?

Thank you

Hi thanks for coming back to us.

May we check if you can still view the current account online and if you have access to previous statements for this account please?

Many thanks

Alison

• Advertisement

Hi,

Maybe I wasn't clear in my message yesterday. I can log in to 365 Online. I can access my credit card account fine. My current account is no longer listed at all. It has been closed, and has disappeared from 365 Online. I can no longer access anything related to the current account.

Hi , thanks for this.

It does seem like the message you received relating to the statement updating online is misleading as the closing statement will be delivered to you by post within 5-7 business days after the account closure. We're raising this internally with the Team.

Apologies for the confusion,

Hoping the above helps,

Many thanks

Alison

Thank you

Advertisement