Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A doctor's failure to diagnose cancer.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

It's not just Irish doctors are overworked.

We are years behind in terms of medical treatments available surgical techniques screening etc.

The story makes NO sense. If it is a cyst ..its only going to grow so it has to be drained.

If it's a wart you should remove it or you will spread the fungal infection and get more or spread it to another person.

Anyway here is the rule when you have a lump you get it biopsied. The fact that drs don't know that is scary.

But even if it's a cyst or a wart. It has to be treated you can't LEAVE it there.

Warts are fungal infections that will spread if not treated. A cyst has to be drained or it will keep growing.

The idea that doctors are leaving warts and cysts out there to just grow ...is ..shocking.

You scratch that fungal infection wart with a comb or a hairbrush and it bleeds slightly you get that on the brush and dont realize that is it warts all over your head.

Someone else used your hairbrush in your house ...you pass it on.

Plus warts are more contagious when your skin is wet ..that is why people get them more in damp conditions or animals do. So when you wash your hair ...you got it ..more at risk of it spreading.

You rub your fingers through your hair scratch wart and then you touch your mouth etc ..or erm other places ..what do you think happens? Someone else in the family does that? Even a pillow case could pass on warts.

Cysts have to be drained ..or they burst on their own but often the sac ..remains after they burst alone and it just comes back...so most NORMAL doctors remove the sac. Then maybe a wick will be used to dry it out.

WHAT DOCTOR WOULD JUST LEAVE THAT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Warts are viral and caused by different strains of HPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Not all cysts.

I found a lump on my testicle, not long after my father died of cancer. Had an ultrasound and the nurse was able to tell me that it was a cyst and was harmless. Didn’t have to do anything with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,315 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Poor Lady and her Family

Advertisement