Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Re-naming Files in External Drive & Saving becomes Un-readable

Options
  • 14-09-2021 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why I can't save Files on External Drive?? Getting Message saying they are Un-readable. Should this Drive be at NTFS or Ex-Fat or what is the difference in the two?

Read Only in the File General Properties is un-checked.

I don't know anything about editing Permissions or the different User Privileges... Could something be in-correct there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

This is a Laptop, maybe I should have put this in Laptops Category...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

You should be fine here. Not really a laptop exclusive problem.

Is it a Windows 10 laptop?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,588 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What size is the external hard drive? Has it ever been formatted? Is there content on it or is it brand new?

2TB. Hasn't been formatted that I know of. It's currently NTFS. I have stuff saved on it, it displays the Thumbnails and File info of stuff I've saved but I don't want to open anything in case things go a.w.o.l. Bought it off someone.

There's millions of results online anyway for the exact same thing so it's obviously a common occurrence. If only someone could come with a goddamn bloody solution for it...😔😔

Gonna try save the stuff back to my Hard-drive and format External Drive, see will that do anything.... I'll probably end up losing everything 'cos I really think God and Mother Nature have just decided recently, that all and any of my escapades into technology should be horrifically horrendously suicidally nightmarish. But shure, such is life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement