Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing personal goods from storage in England back to Ireland.

Options
  • 14-09-2021 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

I did a quick scan through the customs and revenue sites and couldn't find an answer to what I guess is a new post Brexit reality, repatriating personal belongings.

It's not much, probably just a small van load of some Ikea furniture (have all the receipts from preBrexit era), books, a few beds, mattress etc.. I have proof of our stuff being in storage for a couple of years so just wondering if there's any forms I need to fill out for bringing it all home?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

If its obvious its personal goods and you are accompanying them, there will be no issues. To be 100% certain, just show a proof of UK address, proof of Irish address with same name and the proof of storage in case you get a jobsworth official.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭yagan

Thanks for the reply. We have all that, but must remember to include Irish address, although we have our addresses on our driving licenses.

I reckoned it'd be that straightforward, we've had stuff shipped for us from Oz and the USA before and we had to attach lists of contents etc.. I reckon I'll write out a list of what we have as we load the van if anyone asks for it at Dublin port.

Advertisement