Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung a40 turned off and won't turn on again

Options
  • 14-09-2021 8:39pm

Hello,

My Samsung a40 turned off by itself after being charged to 80%, I plugged it out when it was charged to that level.

It then turned off by itself. I tried twice to turn in on. It stayed on for maybe two minutes.

Then it went completely black again. I tried pressing the power button and volume down for 40 seconds, then the power button with volume up and I have tried pressing both the volume up and down together to no avail.

I have had it charging again for ten minutes and it will not restart.

Would anyone have any suggestions or has the same thing happen and how was it fixed?

Thanks

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Comments

The charging symbol came on whilst the device was still charging and it charged to 90% and then the screen went black again. I tried turning it on again and no luck. I also tried the various combination with the power button and volume button and no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I believe you hold on/off button simultaneously with volume down button for a few seconds, I'm a little concerned you may have a battery issue given your device is saying 80% charge and it only stayed on for 2 minutes before completing shuting down 😒

I would disconnect charger while trying to restart. If this doesn't work it may need repair (is your phone in warranty 2 years from new normally)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Thank you. Still no luck at all after disconnecting from the charger and trying the volume down and on/off botton at the same time. Unfortunately, I bought it in a second hand shop fonez in February as I was really stuck for a phone with gomo and it seemed at the time the easiest option then getting a phone unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Fonez, I believe have a good reputation, a battery replacement (if that's what it is) is not expensive, I'm on go mo myself 😏 sorry I can't offer any other option , hope you can get sorted ASAP

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

Need to be careful pressing more than one button at the same time,I've done that by mistake and the phone,not Samsung went back to factory reset. I eventually got the screen back,but in Mandarin Menu!

• Advertisement
Advertisement