Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BMW F800GT need to get a spare key cut...

Options
  • 14-09-2021 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

2013 reg

unfortunately I seem to have lost my spare keyring during a house move

I do have the main key which I use daily but paranoid now I'm going to lose it (probably cos I know there's h€fty consequences if I have to get the entire ign)

it does look like a fairly normal simple key and something that should be easy but I'm getting conflicting info about it having a chip embedded etc and that it could cost over €100+ and has to come from BMW in Germany

just asking has anyone had to get a key cut for an F800 of this era and what was the craic

I'm in Dublin

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Speedline

There are numerous key cutting services in Dublin, some more expensive than others. One place I found very reasonable was a place called Sound Decision. They were in Clondalkin but I think they have moved to Palmerstown village now.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭martco

I think those lads Sound Decision are gone, all numbers I can find are out of service and they don't seem to be active online anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

I was in a similar position - one original key only and went about getting a spare then keeping the original in a safe place and using the cloned key for day to day. I went with LockDoctor (https://lockdoctor.ie/locations/) as they, at the time, would come out to me (Cork) in a mobile unit and created a cloned key at my house. The lad doing it even gave me a spare transponder chip and the key pattern if I wanted to source a blank Yamaha branded key and get it cut as well as the ones they have are just plain colours. Autokey might also be able to do it but you need to bring the bike to them in Dublin which might work for you depending on where you're based. Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Had the same problem with F800S a few years ago. Ordered key through Kearys Motorrad for €60.

Likes of Lockdoctor should have no problem cutting and copying RFID chip once you have main key.

Price both go with cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭martco

I'll do it before the week is out and post the findings here for future ref.

• Advertisement
Advertisement