Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maple Sugar - find in Ireland

Options
  • 15-09-2021 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭

Hi fellow foodies

I've been on the hunt for maple sugar. I've never seen it for sale in Ireland.

This is not the syrup, it is boiled down from the syrup into a flavoursome, granulated sugar.

Yes, it can be bought online - but the UK site doesn't deliver to Ireland, Amazon appear to be out of stock, and the various suppliers in USA and Canada want a truly eye-watering price to ship to Ireland, (if they do)

Has anyone here ever seen it for sale in Dublin, or anywhere in Ireland?

I'm continuing to phone good delicatessens here in Dublin, looking for this. But has anyone ever even seen it here?

PS I have an offer from a Canadian friend to send me some; but the postage will still be very high, so I thought I'd check all avenues around here, first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Update - I did manage to find one supplier who will deliver to Ireland. Still quite an expensive purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭frisket

I got some from a US friend just before the pandemic, but shipping sugar is expensive. I've never seen it here, but I assume if I needed it, I would probably plan to find some to buy during a trip to the UK, if it's available there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭lucalux

Not sure if this is the same thing as what you were looking for, but they're based in Dublin

https://lalafood.ie/shop/granulated-maple-sugar-150g/

(It's labelled a product of Canada, so that seems a good start?!)

I know OP posted 2 years ago but in case you needed it frisket

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Thank you! (I'm the OP)

I did succeed in ordering some, online, from a supplier in Europe - the Netherlands, I think.

But this looks excellent, right here in Dublin!

I will definitely follow this up. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭lucalux

Haha no bother @Day Lewin Seems like a nice little shop, great for niche things from north america! I'd hoped you'd gotten sorted by now, but the post just popped up on Most Recent and was curious. Glad it might be of use, I'm going to check it out some more myself, minimum order is reasonable for delivery!

• Advertisement
Advertisement