Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improved wi-fi reception through placing/orientation of router.

Options
  • 15-09-2021 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a standard Vodafone wi-fi (Huawei made) router.

See link below for an example of one. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/noCfdTSRhAm7no5o7

I remember hearing before that wi-fi reception can be improved depending on where the router is placed in the house and where the router is turned or is facing. 

Can anyone advise the best placing of this make of router, and it’s orientation. 

I can’t remember the make of my previous router, but I do remember that the best signal came from the underside. 

Initially I had it sitting on a table in a downstairs room. But when I wall-mounted it close to the ceiling upstairs, there was a vast improvement in signal everywhere in the house. 

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Since I have no idea of how your house was constructed, all I can suggest is try it out ...

If it is moved towards the centre of the house then most rooms will have better reception. If you have a thick wall then perhaps not, if you have some device emitting singles then it might interfere with the reception and so on

You could also buy a booster to transmit the signal a bit further and so on...

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Gautama

I had a booster in the past. They work great but half the speed 🙄

Advertisement