Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading my phone. Naming conventions of Samsung doing my head in.

Options
  • 15-09-2021 5:03pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Howdy everyone,

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S10. Given it's a few years old, I'm considering upgrading to treat myself. But, honestly, the naming conventions of the Galaxy phones are all over the place, and I don't really know enough about phones to confidently get a significant upgrade. Hence, I come here looking for advice.

The main thing I love about the S10 is the camera, and I'd really like to focus on getting a better camera on the upgrade. I also wouldn't want a smaller screen that what the S10 has.

I'm on Vodafone. I'd prefer to stick with Android over Apple (though am not utterly dead set against Apple. I just figure it's easier to stay within the Android sphere, and Apple tends to be much more expensive). Ideally, I'd be looking for €300 cost (sticking on my €40 a month plan), but would stretch for a BIG upgrade. I've only ever really had Apple and Samsung phones, so am utterly inexperienced about the other brands. And I feel that while upgrading an iPhone ( 8 < 9 < 10) is simple, the Samsung number system is all over the place.

Looking at the options being presented by Vodafone, I'm filtering out the ones that are too expensive, and I've filtered out "free" phones too (on the presumption that if they are willing to just throw them at me, they probably aren't an upgrade on what I have). Options seem to be....

iPhone 11

Galaxy S21 (Would be expensive, €500)

Galaxy A32 (seems very cheap, guessing for a reason)

OPPO Reno 4 Pro 5G

Galaxy S20 FE

iPhone XR 2020

Sony Xperia 5ii

Xiaomi Mi 11

Any help or thoughts on whether or not there's upgrades on the s10 there would be massively appreciated. Phones are something I've really got little experience in. :)

Comments

Advertisement