Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monasterevin - a good place to live?

Options
  • 16-09-2021 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

The wife and I were looking at a house in Monasterevin; on paper the town has some great features - river / canal / train links. House pricing is reasonable also. BUT - the general town has a rough feeling to it. It clearly hasn't had much in the way of investment and the Main St looks particularly awful.

We have done some research in terms of spending time in the town, walking around, going shopping, going to pub etc - all of which seems good.

I'd appreciate hearing from others who are maybe more familiar with the town - is it a good place to live? Crime levels high? Anti-social behaviour levels? Any thoughts?

Comments

As someone who grew up there i wouldnt find Monasterevin any rougher than the likes of Athy/Kildare/Newbridge etc. Yes it might have its anti social behaviour but what town doesnt.And as for the main street looking rough the roads around the town have been done up the last year or so. Buildings are being renovated. Theres a new secondary school being built at the moment and a primary school in the near future. Theres a new whiskey visitor centre currently being build across from Ballykelly GAA pitch which will open next year. The Barrow blue way route is being developed at the moment which will be 47km long. Will be great for cycle/walks.Yes there may be a lack of shops/restaurants like the bigger towns but its not a bad little town to live in.

Advertisement