Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I played a draft game on a pitch with green lines earlier?! Wtf like. I really struggled for first few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Nothing more frustrating then losing games where you know you are far better then your opponent and you know the game is just mucking you over, followed then by your opponent messaging you to tell you what you already know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Had some clown in champs pass it around from the 60th minute and then message me immediately after with a mountain of emojis and "take the L" etc. I called him a pathetic case and a few 4 letter words. 20 mins later I'm 3 nil up in another game and PSN logs me out, get a message to tell me I'm banned off chat. I actually don't care about the chat ban, will stop reptiles from messaging me at least but the loss when coasting was headwrecking 😅

On 11 wins now with 4 to play so odds on it'll end up costing me rank 4

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Love the look of that HL Barella.

I have the coins to buy him today but I'm going to hold off until Sunday as he will inevitably drop by 60-70k in price I reckon. Once I buy him, this will be me in-game for the next while, only need a new keeper and I'll be rid of all my golds.

Bought WW Spinazzola and really enjoying him.

Packing that HL VVD has changed this game for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Logging you out mid game is a pain in the hole but you probably knew yourself when you sent the message something could happen 🤣.

I've found that the inability to curse through an xbox message for fear of tye inevitable ban has led to some very creative alternatives.

Ironically enough given your username the latest message I received was simply 'your ma sells avon' 🤣

• Advertisement

There are few greater pleasures in ultimate team than watching the other guy manually move his keeper out of the way you were going to shoot anyway. This was in champs against a lad with the whole shebang -

Kimpembe, THAT fekir card, THAT benzema card, corner glitch and manually moving keepers. I was 2 nil down when I scored this and went on to have him rage quit at 5-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Davidjamson

I am also waiting to watch FIFA 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Decided to try out HL Laborde. For <50k he's brilliant. 20 goals in 10 games. Better than Prime Torres who I tried out for a few days. He scores all types of goals but the biggest difference he makes is heading. I've started just lumping crosses in towards him and he's beating so many top-tier CBs to the ball to score headers. He's banging them in from corners too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Anyone have any tips for scoring headers?

With Cantona in open play and De Ligt on corners, I have the ideal targets.

However, despite them winning almost every 50/50 in the air, the ball always seems to fly over the bar despite me aiming downwards.

Yeah heading seems to have been nerfed in the last few weeks, i had Trent on corners and Konate and Virgil scoring loads of headers there for a while, now Trent is way off target and they cant win a header at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Most of the ones I score direct from corners are near post headers across the keeper. Just point the stick in the direction of the far post. Haven't noticed them being nerfed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Scraped rank 4. Got Salah from an ultimate pack! All's well that ends well

First proper pull so far but can't complain anymore

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

With corners, I never press the shoot button. I always use the pass button (A on Xbox) and find it's way, way more accurate. I find I can score 1 in 5 corners with the pass button.

For me, I tend to whip it towards the far side of the box, where my center backs usually are, and then "pass" the ball back towards the near post. Sometimes, the player defending the post will save, but for whatever reason, goalkeepers really struggle to save them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

That free headliners Zakaria will go lovely with Winter Wildcards Sow 😍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Tenks

Any suggestions on freshening up my team? Usually rotate between Gundy and Rice so would be looking to probably upgrade that position first.

Toying with the idea of selling Gomez since he’s 300k and replacing with a cheaper alternative and using the remainder to get someone like RB Foden.

I think r1 + l1 + shoot is a powered downward header.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Doing the "Preformance is Key" SBC on the web app.

Click submit.

Open pack.

"Huh, white and gold confetti. Oooh, headliners, swe.....wait, that's not the right colours. OMG, ICON!!!!!

Oh, Prime Kluivert 😂 Prime Icon, but 250k.

Oh, he's untradeable too.

Alrighty."

Only the second Icon I've ever actually packed outside of guarantees. Okocha during the David Luiz flashback SBC a few years back being the other. Not sure I'll ever use him, but I'll add him to the Icon squad for now.

Winning 2-1, last minute, cruising through the game, im controlling Kante, have my opponent covered, he passes it through to his striker, Van Dijk who is ai controlled at this point, has it covered until he bloody LIFTS HIS RIGHT LEG UP in to the air and allows the ball through to his striker who obviously scores, i manage to win 5-2 in extra time but jesus, what is going on with this EA, is it so hard to make a game that resembles football

There is no incentive to control the players either. I always mark the ball and will switch multiple times around my box if needs be. Sometimes I get manually into the passing lanes over and over in one attack and the ball passes your player at 5mph.. over, under, through.

You would think manually controlling the player would mean more chance of intercepting but it's probably less if anything(thinking of my wing backs, they NEVER intercept the line ball when I try to cut it off but I'm routinely intercepted by the AI controlled full backs far more).

The game won't improve on this engine. It has the same flaws that carry year on year.

If they churn out 2023 on this engine again I'll be passing on it next year, it's just very boring most of the time between 80% of your shots hitting a player while the opponent gets simple counter attacks with equal or extra players since the AI is so bad.

The AI is no better than 10 years ago, they're lazy as they have no competition so why would they innovate.

24 shots 16 on target, 88 Maignan 14 saves

5 shots 3 on target

I lose 2-1, f+×$ this nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Oh, thought I'd fire up the last hour of my 10hr trial tonight. To to my surprise, I now have 10hrs left on my trial. Not complaining like but ... Eh?

4 free packs in my account this morning, anybody else get them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Yep got them as well: they’re for packs that you opened last Friday when one of the Headliners was missing from packs. They had to give the exact same packs back they were opened during that 5 hour window I think it was.

Ah right, i bet they wont contain the level of players i got last week, i expect plenty of duplicates

Servers are a joke this morning :(

Rank 4 finish again, thanks to a gifted win for my last match. My faith in the community is restored!

Rewards were bad though. 86 was the magic number

Top red pick, best from TOTW and ultimate pack were all 86 rated.

Have been saving up for mid cruyff for ages but since I've just finished ibrahimovic's autobiography last week decided to go all in for the WW ibra today, not used him yet though but the reviews are savage.

Anyone here used him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Got my 85x10 winter wildcard pack from Ea, along with three rare gold packs and a mega pack. Hadn't a clue I was due them but they showed up this morning.

Van Basten has decided since friday, he doesnt want to score anymore goals, just refuses, finesse and power shots directed to corners, goes down the middle to the keepers, so replaced him with POTM Bobby, giving me all green chem, Bobby now has 6 in 4 with 7 assists

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I don't understand here. My team's absolutely knackered after 60 mins now. I've changed nothing. Other teams seem fine. Weird.

• Advertisement

1 up against a player with 7 icons, he equalizes and quits, it still amazes me after all these years that they will not punish players who quit, although i shouldnt be considering the state of the game year after year after year

Edit: 2 in a row, this time a team with 6 icons, quits before kick off

Edit: its a Hattrick, but he scored an og before he left, bronze team, no icons 😁

Advertisement