Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

New sbc 85 + triple upgrade needs 2 totw and 84 rated squad.

Checks club for highest rated totw - 81 ffs.

Its at times like this I wish I'd stacked some totw cards.

I did them last year but only played from April so needed a boost.

As of now I have no incentive to spend hours playing the game grinding cards when I can barely find use for <500k. (Finding it hard to even play proper games as it is and have barely hit 7 rivals wins in weeks).

The only ones I got last season were the ones I got for just playing normally.

It's just too much time and effort to get a player in April, where by then, he'd be no use.

Similar for the objectives.. I did barely any. Very little point(before doing Trippier I can't remember the last one I tried to do).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The market is so low this year Icon swaps don't seem worth the squad battle effort whatsoever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lads you do know you don’t HAVE to play Squad Battles. Surely the game is for enjoyment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It’s grand when you can get 3 tokens from the one squad.

Its the tossers who don’t do gg that annoy me. Got a load of them today ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

4-0 in qualifiers so far, never qualified so quickly before.

Ya those friendly online modes are fun in fairness and I agree on Golden Goal.

Worse are the people who score, so a full celebration and pause it themselves for you to quit out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

If they do that then I play on, try to equalise and then quit.

I ran through the three of them tonight. It was a complete mismatch most of the time. I always try to keep any special cards and they do come in handy. Played against a couple of players who were using keepers as outfield players to make up the 8 first owned. Desperate times.

I'd say more than 90% played Golden goal to be fair, it makes it much quicker and more enjoyable.

So who’s buying the Puff cosmetics?

I’m seriously tempted to buy it just for kicks 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Swaps are flying quickly enough… halfway through the Ligue 1 swap. Will probably do the online ones and then a 3in1 SB swap if I’ve time… otherwise I’ll just settle for the online ones and do one of the fodder packs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Done the 85+ x 3 and got Bruno 88, Hazard 85 and Thiago Silva 85. Meh.

Anyone else do it in here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Returned after a couple of months, bonus 10hr trial, no pack luck. Myth.

Do You have to actually purchase to engage 'pack luck' mod? lol :)

Edit: this game is of no improvement on the last iteration. I really can't see any.

FIFA 19 repackaged, again :(

Post edited by Liamalone on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

lads anyone who doesnt have messi, he is 260k or so now (PS) and honestly he is as good as anyone in the game, lethal at CAM.

And on that note, rejigged the team again using Nealsguides 5212 which worked well last night, everyone on full chem, cant beat the PSG top 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Aren't half the posts saying we aren't doing squad battles for that exact reason?

Yea I did it, got 2 x 88s and an 85 so pretty happy. All fodder, nobody usable.

Yes I was speaking to the people that are complaining about it and playing it though.

Unavoidable if you want to get the decent icons from the swaps. It's a bit of a shame they couldn't come up with more entertaining objectives.

For a lot of the more casual players the swaps are the only chance they'll likely have to get an icon outside of pack luck, so it's hard not to have to do the grind.

online objectives are great crack generally, especially if its golden goal as the games are frantic, squad battles is just such a boring chore, im refusing this year.

he's absolutely lethal...I've a million to spend but I'm seriously thinking I should just get Neymar and Messi either side of Mbappe.

I had Messi's 12 game loan card and I burned though it in a WL he was so good.

• Advertisement

i dont think you would do a whole lot better, you get caught up in icons and special cards but gold rare messi and neymar are probably the best value in the game right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Have long thought Messi was the best value card by a mile. Terrible stamina and only really being able to play at CAM are the downsides but on everything else its great. I'd like to upgrade it but it's 600k extra for the IF which seems excessive given it's only a +1 in the vast majority of the individual stats. That card must've been quite rare I assume because there's not many for sale even when I have a look, relative to other similar cards

there is no way youd notice the difference in the IF, OTW maybe but IF no imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Kante as well, still incredible for me in midfield and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Got Prime Torres done yesterday. Having used his Mid version for a good while, I'm honestly a bit underwhelmed by the upgrade, especially given the fact there's over half a million coins in the difference. He's definitely a great card and scoring enough for me, but he's not doing anything more than Mid Torres did.

Swaps Daka is still stealing the show, just an incredible card. I've never had a player in FUT who averaged over a goal a game unless I was playing offline but Daka has something like 150 in 120 games for me so far, all high division rivals and FUT champions games. Regularly scores 3+ goals a game.

The problem is, I don't think himself and Torres work well together. I like one striker to always be running in behind, that's been Daka's job, but Prime Torres has such high pace that he's wasted not doing the same thing as Daka, and I've found having both strikers on that instruction leaves me with very limited passing options. I have RB Suarez in at CAM now where previously he was the striker who'd link up play, so I might have to go to a 3-4-2-1 to get the most out of all three. Torres is too expensive to drop and Daka is just too damn good, it's not the worst problem to have. 😅

89 van dijk, 88 kroos and an 85 -not bad as ive seen a few people get 3 x 85 rated players

Post edited by doc holliday on

Yeah - im probably one of those alright. Sure it's the gambler in me - 'i'll just get through these games and then i'll open a pack and get R9' . Seems worthwhile until Nakata walks out 🙄

Don’t get me wrong - I’m similar - If I’ve got my 7 Rivals wins and FUT Champs Qualifiers done, I try to do some Squad Battles for Swap Tokens in particular. Generally I just rubber band (or do something else) once I get my 5 goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,838 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Getting the 81x25 pack today and then I'm done with this swaps, not playing a couple dozen Squad Battles games for Casillas or Rio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Of course i did, im not playing matches so sbc's is my past time, i got POTM Aspas, Lloris and De Vrij

I have given up on Torres sbc, wont get near requirements in 30 days and i usually pack the game in around february when the bright evenings start arriving, plus Van Basten is back in form, averaged 3 goals a game on sunday so he'll do for me til i end this game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Out of all the players available in this game, i have done a good few sbc's this week and its quite funny how i keep getting the same players i put in, back out 🤔

Advertisement