Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,838 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Heroes just aren't good enough for this to be worth anything, there's the 3 you mentioned plus Pele and after that they're all basically worthless. They "hinted" at Heroes getting upgraded versions at some point but in the very loose EA way of just saying something non-committal because they know it's what we want to hear, much in the same way they said last year that some Icon SBCs may require Icons be submitted into them and then they never did it for any of them anyway.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The Heroes SBC must be aimed at more casual players who have teams full of base golds, cause it's pretty useless for everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Any thoughts/feedback on Icardi SBC folks?

I already have flashback Benzema upfront beside Mbappe. I'll be finishing Icons Swaps tonight so will get 83x25 for fodder.

Would Icardi be an upgrade?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, this was the most toxic, the most vile, the most awful game I have ever played. Just, what a horrific guy to come up against, oh it was such a nightmare.

@BrentMused 👀

😁

What platform do you play on @Lord TSC ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Haha, I can assure you it wasn't me!

I'm on PS5 for a start, but there's no way you'd only have scored 1 if it was me! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Yep, I've got about 50 games in with him at this stage.

I like him, but I might sell him and try the SIF Theo Hernandez and compare them.

I'll be selling IF Cuadrado when I get Zambrotta from Swaps so I'd only have to put around 20k towards him with the sales of him and Spinazzola.

I’m on Xbox.

that’s an awesome coincidence though if it’s the same name, lol. Was banging out the icon swaps, and noticed the name. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Apparantly the latest patch has a lot of "fixes" in it, one of them sorts out one of my biggest gripes, Keepers not saving shots straight at them, and instead palming them into the net, be interesting to see if they really do sort that out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

sorry i cant help, i have done him but havent had the chance to use him yet, i have mbappe, neymar, messi and RB verratti though so it was a non brainer for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Very meh. He's on the bench for me already. Good shot on him but he's clunky.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Latest update:

TLDR

Driven passes have been nerfed.

Corner glitch has been nerfed.

Goalkeepers have been improved.

Player switching has been improved.

Full article below. . .

Gameplay

Made the following changes:

• Driven Passes are now more likely to be intercepted by players standing in the ball’s travel path.
    • Some dribbling animations triggered by moving the left stick which include the ball carrier taking small touches to avoid a potential tackle will now only occur when the Contextual Agile Dribbling setting is set to On.
    • When defending a cross with the Auto Switching setting set to Automatic, On Air Balls and Loose Balls, or Only Air Balls, an automatic player switch will occur slightly faster than before.
    • Reduced shooting assistance when attempting a shot in situations where the goalkeeper is positioned closely to either one of their posts.
    • When playing matches with the Defensive Corners Custom Tactics slider to 1 or 2 bars, more players will now be positioned outside of the box and at the halfway line.
    • Improved AI teammate defensive marking during short corner scenarios.
    • Added more variety to the types of shots the CPU AI can perform.
    • In a situation where a Jockeying defender is nutmegged, they will no longer perform an animation in which they slip while turning.
    • Reduced the frequency of CPU AI slide tackles.
    • Removed some lunging animations that could occur when the controlled player was attempting to block a Ground Pass or a short Lob Pass.

Addressed the following issues:

• Goalkeepers were sometimes unable to make saves when shots were aimed close to them, between their knees and head.
    • When playing matches with the Defensive Depth Custom Tactic Slider set to 70 or above, defenders could unintentionally drop too deep into their own half.
    • When attempting to perform a right stick Player Switch to a Center Back, a different player could sometimes be switched to instead.
    • In some situations, goalkeepers were not making successful saves on shots that were within reachable diving distance.
    • When performing a right stick Player Switch, the Next Player Indicator could sometimes appear over an unintended player as opposed to the player that was originally switched off of.
    • A white placeholder UI element could have sometimes displayed near players during matches.
    • In rare instances, a goalkeeper could deflect a saveable low shot into their own net.
    • Sometimes, a goalkeeper could commit a foul without a referee awarding a set piece to the other team.
    • The Team Press meter would unintentionally decrease while Team Press was starting up after its activation.
    • When activating Player Lock, a Player Switch could not be requested until the player let go of the right stick input and then made a Player Switch request.
    • Sometimes, a foul was not called following a tackle that was clearly late.
    • When losing the ball, in a rare situation, the original ball carrier could become stuck in place.
    • When requesting a first time Driven Pass, the Let Ball Run command was sometimes being performed.
    • In rare situations, play could continue for a short period of time after a penalty kick was called.
      • The correct penalty kick would eventually be awarded.
    • In a rare situation when passing with a goalkeeper in Co-Op play, the goalkeeper would remain the selected player until a manual Player Switch was requested.
    • When standing up after a slide tackle, a foul could be incorrectly called on the player standing up.
    • In situations where a defender would make an unsuccessful attempt to block a shot, an animation could occur which involves the player moving their leg away from the ball.
      • This was a visual issue only and did not affect the outcome of the situation.
    • In rare situations when the ball was far from the ball carrier’s feet, a requested Pass or Shot could take too long to occur.
    • The defending player could unintentionally decelerate when chasing after an air ball.
    • When rushing the goalkeeper towards an incoming ball, sometimes the goalkeeper would get close to the ball without reacting to it, resulting in a loss of possession.
    • The Next Player Switch Indicator could sometimes unintentionally switch from a Center Back to another player in inappropriate situations.
    • In some rare situations, a requested Fake Shot would not be performed and the controlled player would not animate correctly.
    • In very rare circumstances, the goalkeeper could teleport when making a diving save.
    • Sometimes, the Drag To Drag Skill Move could have been unintentionally requested.
    • When making a catch, the goalkeeper could sometimes unnecessarily fall to the ground.
    • The ball could travel through a defender in a rare situation when the ball receiver would make a touch on the ball, prior to the defender attempting to make contact with it.
    • When performing a Clearance, the ball would not always travel as far as intended.
    • Players could sometimes stumble in inappropriate situations.
    • A goal celebration could rarely get stuck repeating over and over, resulting in a delayed continuation of the match.
    • In some situations, the CPU AI team would not attempt to win the ball back.
    • The CPU AI team could sometimes take too long to perform a free kick.
    • When the ball was received via chest following a lobbed pass, it could bounce high enough in the air to cause unintentional player switching.
    • Addressed potential stability issues that could occur during Penalty Shootouts.
    • Addressed an issue with a Competitive Master Switch, which allowed players to play online with Contextual Agile Dribbling, Assisted Jockey, Auto Clearance, Auto Shots, and Auto Flair Pass turned on, which was not intended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Driven passes were ridiculous but I think the normal passes being so poor kind of forced people to use driven all of the time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nerfing the driven pass means I’m back to square one then. Time to find a new way to play.

Wasting my base golds into the 81+ sbc and who pops but The Goat, Kimpembe

It nearly sucked me back into playing 😄

Alot of those fixes would get me back playing especially The assisted Jockey, it should have been fixed ages ago, i always use manual jockey and could see the difference but just put it down to me been crap at it and didnt know there was a problem until i seen a video about it around a month ago

The players who used the competitive mode glitch are in for a shock, happy days.

Also glad to see the issue of players stumbling over nothing has been addressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I wonder will they make it repeatable.

I'm half thinking they will to burn off more fodder so people will open packs during toty etc.

Ginola would definitely slot into my team and I'd definitely change my lineup for Di Natale and Cordoba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Darn got lineker in the 89+ icon pack- worth €160k. What a waste of a good few hours

• Advertisement

Kaka and Vidic SBCs out. Another one for my United team.

Absolute spoofers.

There is still no difference in the game.

My players still accelerate like tractors, passes still keep going to the wrong players etc.

You can see the driven pass is more likely to be incorrect but I honestly see no difference apart from that.

Ive played two games.

Either they have released another patch and fixed next to nothing or else the button delay I get is just 100% consistent and I see no benefits.

I'm getting close to uninstalling this now as the constant issues are just doing my head in, it's just a clunky unresponsive mess.

Kaka is Rare Bronze, Rare Silver, 84, 85, 86, 86, 87, 87, 88.

5 TOTW / red picks needed.

The servers are a complete and utter mess tonight. Like playing in treacle, and there appears to be a bug with the ping indicator showing crazy pings.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So after saying I'm not getting fifa again herself got me it for Christmas. So I had a few free packs to start with and I opened, was happy with generations mbappe and then my first big pack out walks mid icon pires. Do some sbcs and play some games to get packs and I packed prime icon makelele and gold rare kante. Stored up 40 odd packs now for Friday haha

So i played 5 games last night just to see if the patch had "fixed" anything and to be honest, i see no difference, goalkeepers (opposition keeper included) still let shots that are straight at them in to the net, animation shows them saving the shot but then drop their hand at last second.

Players are still allowing driven passes go through them, a couple from the defending player lifting their leg.

I played 4 through passes from Litmanen to Icardi that easily would have resulted in shots at goal, but they were wildly inaccurate and went nowhere near the striker.

I even played 1 game where my opponent had a problem with Icardi, when he would get in a position to shoot, the ball would leave the ground a little before the shot and it would balloon over the bar.

Looks like its back to squad battles, career mode and seasons for me.

They've definitely done something to goalkeepers with the patch, scored a few very soft goals last night.

I scored i think 3 goals from shots straight at the keeper, they went through his legs, the last of them won me the game in the 94th minute of what should have been 1 minute added time 😁, it got me to rank 1 in div.2 to, my opponent was not happy and let me know to, and i cant blame him, he deserved to win

Apparently no Salah in the TOTY 11. Bit odd IMO. Supposedly this is the team:

If it's accurate it's not such great news for me with my Serie A squad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Salah was the main one I was hoping for :(

Advertisement