Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

For anyone undecided on which of the new league specific sbcs to do on Thursday/Friday. Obviously with at least 10 of the TOTY cards between BPL and Ligue 1 I doubt many will do serie a or bundesliga

I had a look at how many cards are in the 2 leagues. Needless to say I'll just be doing the BPL one

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Genuinely don't get people who spam one mechanic over and over.

Like, I don't hold it against people who do a mix of things. I get they do it cause it's effective.

But, does it not get insanely boring just doing the same thing over and over, match after match. Just the same pass 50 times a game, every single game. I'd be horrifically bored so quickly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hell I'm poor at fifa and even change it up, once every now and then I'll pop a ball over the top but it's 50-50 if I get it with Kane/Salah or not so I rarely use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Exactly i use it to get salah and mane in but im mostly a passer of the ball looking to create gaps, but this lad just done it every time, he had TOTY Messi on the wing, and just ignored him, i said i get why you do it but your'e doing it to Harry Kane, get a pacier striker at least 😄

Edit: He also had Kimpembe to at CB 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I try a ball over the top early on to suss out if the opponent can defend them or not. If they can't, happy days. If they can you try something else. Mad how some lads won't change at all even if they're losing. The same people won't press the ball when the clock is running out for them and keep circling kante in front of their defence.

• Advertisement

Yeah and when you keep the ball and pass around the back to see out the win, you get a tonne of abusive messages about been a rat passing around the back, they dont get that i have zero incentive to attack and that they should press the ball

As a liverpool fan, Harry Wilson is such a fun card to use, his agility and balance just takes him away from defenders, 94 shot power to, keepers dont stand a chance, 4 games now as a sub, and 4 goals, 6 assists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I think he is due an upgrade now too, Fulham have won 4 on the bounce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

I packed him a little while ago. Played him in a few games although can’t remember which mode. Will have to try him out properly as took Browne in the level 30 rewards so could be a handy midfield combo. I saw both had pretty decent reviews.

Anyone do the midfielders x11 SBC?

I done the 81 x 11 yeah. Wish I hadnt, best pull was an 84. Same as the attackers I think, roll on the defenders 😂

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Grinded out the online friendlies icon swaps today, was fairly miserable going. It's a shock to the system going back to using mediocre cards.

Still a good few players who don't understand that if you want golden goal you don't do an obnoxious celebration and then pause.

TOTY is making things busy. Can't afford to miss WL this weekend cause of it, so that mean I need to get my 7 rivals wins by Thurs and do my playoff games by friday, plus grind out all the squad battle misery for the icons, and then do the 20 WL games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Jaysus, and I thought i was busy! I play to 7 rivals wins from Thurs - Sun/Mon and then maybe do silver stars or other objective that interests me (Verde this week, who was surprisingly easy).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

Got board of the Squad battles for the Icons, took the 83X 25. Got Marquinios, Varane, Lloris the rest was fodder. In the mega pack for the Mbapae objective I got Kimbemie.... Threw most of them into the Puyol SBC as I had all I needed so it cost me nothing. So it's Lloris, Mendy Varane, Puyol and PTOM Trent at the back. With 88 Keane and Next Gen Foden at CM, CAM Dybala and Red Immobile up top. Hopefully it can help end the mother of all losing streaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Especially what it has become very clear that you know exactly what they are doing. Had one guy who was trying to score an outside the box goal and all he did was give it to Messi at right wing and try hit a finesse from the corner of the box. Non- stop, didn't even pass to anyone else on his team. Just meant I kept standing inside and he couldn't get his shot off so he would literally just spin in circles hoping I'd dive in.

Eventually once I had the game won I just let him have his goal but it was just so funny that he couldn't cop I knew exactly what he was going to do every time het got the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Anyone else using TOTY Lewa, i cant get the most out of him, i have baby garrincha in behind in cam and he is ripping it up, maybe i just need to adapt my play a bit but he plays more as a CF than a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That's EA's fault though. If you need good loan players for friendlies or whatever its a no-brainer to choose CR7.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Went to 15 Icon Swap tokes in the end. Taking the 25* 83+ pack which will open when full TOTY is in packs.

Used he other 10 on the Mid Icon Pack. Had myself prepped for disappointment and disappointed I was. Mid Vidic.

I had better than that - just - 85 Ndidi. At least with the Attackers I got an 89, 86 and a 84 TOTW.

Dreading the Defenders pack - I know I shouldn’t do it but I will so will brace myself for 11 81’s!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Don’t be so pessimistic. You know Seb Coates is waiting for you!!

• Advertisement

@Lord TSC Shaw objective player for our Man U P&P teams 😃

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I refuse to believe they'd give us a genuinely usable fullback for United 😂 Plus, the timing is amazing, cause I want to upgrade on Hernandez too.

Varane and Shaw will be awesome. I'm also using Vidic from SBC today and he's a beast. And Rooney should be joining them by the weekend too. United P&P thriving today.

David DeGea deserves an IF also. He should be a shoe in for a TOTS at this rate.

Probably - I already have him tradeable so not too bad if I get him again as at least I can sell one.

My arch nemesis is Doucoure - whenever I get him I fire him into an SBC as I know I’ll get him again somewhere. At least he’s a 79 card and a midfielder so no chance of getting him in the 81 defenders pack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I’ll beat that with 3 x Bpl upgraded which gave me Neves 3 times in a row.

IF Handanovic, Lloris and Bonucci from defenders 85+.

Very tempted to rip into all my packs, its still a less than 1% chance of packing a TOTY no matter how many are in packs isnt it?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The gameplay is a disgrace at the moment.

Yeah even an Ultimate Pack only has a 1% chance of packing a TOTY - it really is one of the worst promos for getting a chance of a card

Edit: just seen that the pack rate of getting a TOTY from an Ultimate pack has risen from 1% to a massive.....1.1% wow EA are too kind!

Post edited by Boulders8 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

What is the point of submitting an 83 rated team just for a loan TOTY player, especially when the best TOTY player is already available on loan as an objective 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I found it absolutely fantastic today on xbox (series s), i wish it was like it every day. Every single one of my players played exactly liked they should always..my attackers running into proper positions making space for themselves. I was hammering my opponents today.

Advertisement