Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

So bought 91 Gerrard and 90 Dalglish, 150k left

Does he? Taught he had to get a TOTW for it to change, happy days if you're right, i loved the card before liverpool signed him, so quick and agile

• Administrators Posts: 54,070 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

WW Maignan for me to, even base Maignan, both are incredible

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Yes, base 84 Maignan is ten times better than Szczesny, it's not always face stats that make a card good, there must be a tick box that they give some cards superhero stats in the code somewhere like with Kimpembe. Try out his gold card first and if you like it, splash out for the special one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Italian...CB...ooo Mid Maldini.. I'd have that...

damn I forgot there was 3 other Italian CB's :D

urgh mid Nesta in my third icon pack. Maybe the 4th will be a charm :)

My club is literally as dry as the Sahara right now. Desperately need some fodder. Shame that I'll not be able to do Maldini.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

The Maldini SBC is disappointingly, but not surprisingly, very expensive.

Comparing to Varane he's about 200k cheaper for a start, and is similar or worse in almost every key stat.

Maldini is obviously easier to link being an icon, but a French PL player is about as close as it gets in terms of linkability.

With the amount of handy fodder coming from season milestones rewards, the 85+ x 10 from Future Stars swaps tokens etc, it will be pretty easy to do one or the other over the duration of the month.

I'll probably go for Maldini just because I'll likely never get the chance to own him in FIFA again and he's a cool addition to my Serie A based side, but Varane definitely seems the better value.

Anyone here used any version of Maldini in FIFA actually?

4 games with Gerrard and Dalglish,

Gerrard 2 goals 6 assists

Dalglish 7 goals 4 assists

Gerrards pace is noticible but not a problem, Dalglish is just smooth, very much like Openda. Also in the 4 games, Salah on RW and 10 chem, 1 goal, Luis Diaz on LW and 7 chem, 6 goals 3 assists.

Will future stars be like icon swaps where you've to do squad battles and that nonsense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

No looks like it will be like the Winter Wildcard token system.

Frisbee is correct.

Seems like it will be the same Winter Wildcards, with tokens in daily SBC's etc.

I dunno if I can go through all the effort again. Put in way too much time during TOTY.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

My club is so bare, I'm resorting to buying players to complete the SBCs for the tokens! That TOTY Challenge 6 is tricky! Edit: I actually read the requirements wrong. 🙄

Then I packed a duplicate Donnarumma and have nothing to put him in (I know, 1st world problems). I may have to start on Maldini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

its a massive time suck the whole thing, every now and again you start to think wtf am i at. but it passes 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Same! Paying way over the odds for them too, why did I rinse my club 😴

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just did 5 of those normal gold upgrades, HM Benzema, HM David, Lloris, Tadic and an 81 inform.

Anyone here used HM Benzema or David? I could fit either or both into my team, David in particular looks ver similar to Daka but with much better passing so I’m considering that switch already, and the 5 star weak foot is huge. I’m thinking Benzema will be good fodder for Varane but if he’s any use I might have to give him a try as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Benzema work rates are no good but David is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Okay these gold upgrades are a bit OP:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man, after getting my ass whooped repeatedly in Div 2 rank 2 for weeks, my United team has absolutely waltzed into Div 1, Rank 1. It’s scary, I’m winning games by three or four goals too. And the fact it’s happening with my United team means I’m gasp having fun doing so 😂

• Advertisement

Started on Maldini.

Despite rinsing my club of fodder for Vinicius Jr POTM a few weeks ago, I was able to do a good bit of it.

Just the 1 x 86 , 1 x 87 and 1 x 88 to go! 😅

With the milestone rewards this week and the 85+ x 10 from the Future Stars swaps upcoming, it shouldn't take long.

I actually have just under a million coins in the bank too and circa 400k worth of Cordoba, so I'd be tempted to sell him and do FB Varane and partner both him and Maldini at CB.

Only thing is these Future Stars leaked players look like really cranking up the power curve so we might end up with similarly decent players for a fraction of the price in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Don’t think it’s gonna be my year for packing a TOTY (Dose the GK really count ?)

What do you guys do with the non rares from the league premiums, the 3 player league pack or gold upgrade ?

I put every common gold I had into the PL league upgrade, and then every rare <=83 I had into the premium PL upgrade. Kept 84+ cards for other SBCs.

Repeated until my club was basically empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Haven’t read back over every page yet so no idea what you guys’ pack luck was like but I’m almost done opening mine.

Saved every pack since mid November or so (rewards plus done every pack SBC). Not counting low value packs like the 75+ player, two gold players, gold pack etc., or the countless league upgrade packs I’ve done using duplicates - all in it added up to around 170 or so packs.

Have a few mega packs left but so far it has been fairly miserable to be honest. No TOTY. TOTYM Benzema x3, TOTYM Chiesa x2, TOTYM Insigne x2, TOTYM David, TOTYM Bonucci are the only “highlights”. Chiesa was 400k when I packed him - he’s trash, was hoping David would be fun but so far haven’t got anything out of him either.

I did the Kaka & Varane SBCs using the fodder so not all was lost but I’m very jaded after the whole process. It’s taken hours and hours to open all of them and try to use up the duplicates in SBCs with very little in return - a bit like the rest of the game I suppose.

I'm not sure the Insigne card is better than his NU card either.

Agree on being jaded by it all. Feel like FIFA was almost my job last week.

Back to 5 at the back, 433 has stopped working, so im back to 5-2-1-2, bought Prime Rush to partner Dalglish because Kane is just not good, keeps dropping back despite been on get in behind, i have 86 Harry Wilson in behind them in the CAM, 91 Gerrard and 88 Keita as CDM's, 89 Trent and 88 Robbo as wing backs, base Van Dijk, OTW Konate, and 86 Sarr at CB, Alisson in goal

4312 now, have finally gave in and decided to use the youtubers formations, Harry Wilson is so op, hawk chem, 96 acceleration, 92 speed, 92 attack position, 99 shot power, 92 finishing, 99 long shots, just incredible, Rush Dalglish love him

Just did the year in review player pick, got 90 Bernardo Silva

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Choices of…

Fire Pulisic

TOTGS De Ligt

POTM Vinicius 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Etebo, freeze mertens and cozza. Took cozza

Advertisement