Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Also some changes to Rival rewards.

They dropped all ranks. From now on there is only Rank1 within each division so you will always get the best rewards within that division.

Also you now need 8 wins for Rivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Just bought prime Nedved myself as he plummeted in price since I last checked around Christmas time. Highly recommended if you can afford the upgrade, his finesse shots are unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Milestone Chong, Rulebreaker Dante and Ice Mertens the options from the Year in Review pack. 🤮

• Administrators Posts: 54,070 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Got 2 x 89 Ederson, 1 x 89 Kimmich and 1 x 90 Kane from my rivals / season rewards.

Not great, that was 4 jumbo packs and a bunch of others.

How does that work with ranking up? The ranks were basically checkpoints to help with getting to the next division?

Edit: I see the checkpoints are still there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Nowt from my packs, just another Bonucci. I'm packing him as often as Coates now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Just played a few games of rivals there in Division 2 after being in elite for most of last season. Got hammered in each one 😂. In elite my rating is around the 1800 most of the time so im only playing people at that level but now that all the big boys with the 1900+ rating are in Division 2 as well, its going to be poxy for the first week or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The joyous feeling i get is just incredible when i go up a season level and the reward is a Planetoid Miner, a Pathfinder or We come in peace stadium theme

Yeah im down to 3 from 1 and played 2 games there and got hammered

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

So since TOTY leaves packs tomorrow at 6 - there might be a few people (me included) looking to get their champs games done before then to open rewards while TOTY. I reckon there could be a lot of gifted wins going for this reason. My WFH productivity tomorrow will be zero 😂

• Advertisement

Rivals is always an absolute mess at the start of a new season.

Did EA give a reason why they increased the wins to 4 and 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

got untradable jorginho from end of seasons pack but i already had him untradeable so have to use him as fodder which is such a waste when so many would have loved getting it and i didnt have any other premier league or uber eats toty.

Did also get blue mendy from a pl premium pack recycling pack who i prob start until i maybe get deagea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

lol played Dalglish in his debut game and went off injured 2 mins later.

Brought back on Nedved and he's as strong as an ox. He just bullies players off the ball. Think Dalglish will be the sub going forward.

Why do EA insist on doing a big reveal with flares for a fecking tifo or stadium theme from season progress, I DO NOT CARE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Just haven’t had the luck with upgrades this TOTY, splashed out most of my remaining budget on Cancelo and Bruno Fernandes (Wish I had of bought them a day or two ago as I thought prices might go down on Thursday)

Got 4 100k packs and 300k coins left will probably blow it all on upgrades to Finnish it off

Cant wait to use Cancelo he looks phenomenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Got sick of waiting (and missed my buy window), so I splashed the coins this morning and bought Mbappe, Messi, Cancelo. Running this now in a 41212(2) with Cancelo CM. Will have to find tactics that suit me now as I’ve haven’t used this formation at all this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blargh, I packed Navas twice in three packs from upgrades, and I really hate quick selling 88 rated cards. But there's no SBC that really tempts me or that I want to bother investing coins in to :/

Would you not be better quick selling and then recovering within 7 days?

Or else just do one of the low rated SBCs and use his 88 and just fill the rest with absolute dross?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

that TOTY Goretzka is getting bought, it is HL fofana at half the price.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Going to see what happens at six before probably doing that.

in other news, I’d forgotten how miserable this game was at the start of new seasons. All the “mad skillz” kids are back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Same… getting absolutely battered by high elite players, even with the squad that I have. Messi has been hugely disappointing for me.. 10 games, 1 goal 3 assists. Might have to swap back to a 4231 and just play Bruno on the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Not a god damn thing from rivals rewards or season end rewards. Not even an in form. I’ve just rinsed my entire club through upgrades trying to pull something decent but no luck, and I’m still not finished Varane.

The club is almost completely empty now outside of my starting 11.

Unoriginal, yes, but very true.

Token hidden in Marquee Matchups which is also hidden at the very end of the SBCs on mine 😆

Its just drop back and long ball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Got a relatively decent amount of fodder from the milestones rewards based on what I'm seeing everyone else getting.

HM Mendy, Kroos, a couple of 87's and Hummels. Well, it's absolutely rubbish really considering the amount of time that went into it and also the value of the packs, but I can't complain compared to most.

Managed to get Maldini finished but I had to put about 100k into it. Still very happy with that considering he's a 1.2m SBC.

Backline is now:

TOTY Donnarumma

SIF Theo - Maldini - Cordoba - Zambrotta

That should do me for the rest of the year really.

Time to focus on the midfield next as RTTK Vidal and Tonaldi are really slipping well behind the curve now.

Hopefully there'll be something of use in those positions during Future Stars or the next Icon Swaps.

Tempted to do the mid icon sbc but if I get Petit for the third time out of four I might just have to throw the Playstation in the wheelie bin 🤔

Savage packs compared to mine, 86 Handanovic and 2 discard IFs. I was going to hold for Future Stars tomorrow but seen many a TOTY being packed by others so gave in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Put together a final stand of 30 Premium PL Packs

Disappointment Incoming …..

• Advertisement

Anybody using TOTY Honourable David from french league, looking for a partner for Dalglish, his card looks excellant

Advertisement