Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The game is nearly unplayable at the minute, everybody playing drop back and direct passing, its bloody horrible, every single game is the same, i keep the ball, pass the ball, try to find an opening, oh but wait, look theres a stupid ball ricochet off my player to his, and my players are out of position, long ball, opponent scores.

im selling up my team, everybody who is tradeable is going except Dalglish, going back to the bundesliga

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, gameplay was brutal. I've talked about enjoying the game in recent weeks, but this weekend has been awful.

Rewards are utter dirt as well today. Two player picks, and Toko Ekambi was the only 80+ rated player in either. Literally him and three 75s in both picks. Nothing from packs. TOTW pack had three 75 rated players.

Had enough dupes and stuff to finish the Mid/Prime Icon pack.....Cassilas. Utterly worthless to me, cause I have Cech or DDG to choose from already. Literally couldn't have had a more disastrously result from it.

For sanity sake, I think I'm going to sell up and take an extended break. This has been, easily, the most awful weekend of the year so far, and with no decent rewards in sight till TOTS, there's not a huge reason to play WL for a bit anyway. Going to go find an RPG to sink some time into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Are ye on xbox or ps5 for bad gameplay?

I’m not seeing any gameplay issues all week. On series S

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

R94 coming as an SBC tonight according to the leakers. Save your fodder for that if you want him. He’s 5.3 million to buy so it’s gonna be an expensive SBC. Is it grindable in the amount of time it’ll be up for??

Red picks

84 Ryan

84 Otavio

81 Rondon

• Advertisement

Actually put Dalglish up for sale earlier, some poor guy obviously hit the buy now option of 850k.....a 235k profit, outside of TOTY Lewandowski, im just buying the paciest and best rated bundesliga players available, along with TOTY Haaland, still have 500k in coins and im gonna join the rat pack, 30 depth defense, leave TOTW Diaby, WW Lukebakio, TOTY Haaland, and WW Embolo up front and hoof it long

That TOTY Haaland card is insane, its broken beyond broke, 1st match, 6 goals 4 assists 😄

Special mention to TOTY Dani Olmo to, he chipped in with 2 goals and 3 assists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

For anyone collecting tokens they put one in Squad Battles this week, you have to finish Gold 3. The absolute bástards.

When can we starting cashing in those tokens, think i have 11 so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Finished WL with 11 wins for the first time this year. I usually always hit 9 or 10 when I play properly, so it's nice to get over the line.

I think the improvement I've made to my backline with the addition of Maldini especially (and TOTS Donnarumma) during the week made all the difference:

TOTS Donnarumma

SIF Theo - Maldini - Cordoba - Prime Zambrotta

Maldini and Cordoba complement each other really well, and Theo and Zambrotta are as good as it gets at full-back.

I also finally got something usable/of value from the packs with TOTW Mane popping up in the TOTW pack. It's literally my first decent pull of the year which is madness really 6 months into the game cycle, but better late than never.

I have POTM Vinicius Jr in that position so I'll sell Mane and put the funds towards saving up for an improvement to my CM.

Done Moments Calvert-Lewin, only the second Everton special card this year after the free Numbers Up Gordon in Silver Stars. So it was a no brainer for the prem team of first owned.

Actually put Icardi into him, never used him and the med/med workrates ruined him for me the few times I did.

So trying to finish WL and in the game loading screen, im met with 976ms to 576ms ping down to my usual 6ms, is that my connection or the servers

Edit: over 1000 now

Post edited by Rock Lesnar on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Got to 16 wins for the first time, with a game to spare. No free wins but infuriatingly two quits on 70 mins or so when level. Don't feel hard done by though as did grab a couple of wins this week where I was beat on xg.

Rewards dirt, lloris was about it. Will keep the totw packs for a better week

Have 2.6mil saved now and torn on what bigname around that region to go for. Thinking toty Messi maybe, will probably take another couple of weeks saving. Saving does feel slightly silly though for a game with an expiry date in sight

20 horrible games, lads quitting at 0-0 or 1-1 at 75mins, stupid goals conceded, rubbish gamplay, lag to, but i get to 45 points again or whatever it is, and the best red pick i get is Solomon Rondon..........Solomon....Rondon.

Kimpembe scored for PSG today.....😬

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Literally two qualifiers in a row I played there where my appointment kicks back to his keeper, turns and kicks it out of play to quit. Of course neither of them have messaging enabled to tell them what I think of them.

Post edited by Mr Moon on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i honestly cannot get my head around that carry on, it is beyond infuriating.

All you can do is better than that i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Games been brutal on PS5 for a couple of weeks now. Really deep defences, loads of 2 DM formations and dull games.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The other variation on this I have noticed is people who won't play and try and let you score yourself, but if you don't score on the first attack they'll quit. They either don't realise or forget that the AI will still attempt to block etc if they set the controller down.

I don't get these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

That is some going in fairness, so 16 wins and 3 losses on what felt like the sweatiest weekend so far. What's your line-up looking like now? And if you could give just one tip what would it be 😂?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Doing the Saudi league sbc. Small prime mixed players pack. Was delighted when I saw the silver totw card appear as the face card. Sneaky neymar hiding behind it, happy days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

6 players left to finish out varane, 25k in the bank so I'm hoping a few packs later from objectives will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Ea should at least give you the win if game last 5 or 10 mins, has a clown quit at half time because he conceded just before half time.

Had a few others quit after the first attack, one clown tried to score straight from kick off, I stopped it easy and he then kicks and quits.

My team is pretty strong on paper so I think some of the quits is due to that as I do have best versions of varrane, lewdeinski, jorghinho, bsilva, mid best, rudiger, zaha with my only gold player being r7.

Strange as before I had more meta team with kante, kimbele, Marquinous, donnu but they were all gold and didn't see such bad form from opponents. And while i have expensive team its not like I have messi, mappe, r9, cruyff or next level so maybe its a coincidence...

It got to the stage that I was happy to see mostly icon team as at least I knew they would get to play a game.

Actually have 1m in the bank and pondering upgrading ronaldo or silva to cantona or butragueno so probably will see even less given wins :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Cheers! I actually found it tough this week also but lots of close games went my way. My level is about 14 wins I think but I've clicked it a bit the last 2 weeks and got to 2000 sr by the last end of season. Youve definitely gotten to the old 12 wins mark more regularly than me this year overall.

I think maybe the patch helped as it made it harder for some to defend. I never skill basically, never touch the right stick so maybe it's not that important although id like to learn. I do lots of little dribbles around the edges and side of the box and try little passes to get good scoring opportunities. I hate being up against skillers because there's a randomness to whether they skip by you or not but when I'm up against one that spams them il get near for a tackle then instantly drop off slightly using L and let them run into me post skillmove which helps a lot. I'd second man press using R1 quite a bit too. One massive difference I notice in post game stats is I always make a fraction of the amount of actual tackles of my opponent, as in I rarely press circle or square I just jockey, second man press and cut lanes.

Run this mostly switching to 4-1-2-1-2 with hakimi in midfield sometimes. The empty spots are Ginola and gold Messi who I've had ages and were sold yesterday to fund toty Messi. Not sure what il do for the other spot now, maybe back to fekir or benzema off chem for a week or two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hmmm.. 5 of those 80+ PP has given me 2x 83, 1x 84, Kroos and FS Damsgaard. Time to rinse my already barren club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Anyone else burn through xbox controllers? The lb button get stuck completely in. I only play fifa. I'm way past raging and smashing controllers too. It's just overuse / rubbish controller quality. Second one in 6 months is on the way out now with the same lb issue. Going to try bringing it back to the shop.

So i wrapped up 8 rivals wins in 9 games, i have no incentive to continue as i get the top rewards regardless now there is no rank system, is that right?

Bloody great news if thats the case

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Elite controller? Yeah, the bumpers are awful on them. Microsoft will replace them for free though if you send them the broken controller. Usually have to do it once or twice a year, lol

Advertisement