Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

This RTTF team is literally, to a player, the exact replica of the team they used 2 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I got luck at the start with the Ligue 1 player, got 5 games on the same night. Since then I have tried multiple times every time I've turned on FIFA and cannot get a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Let me know what you got from the packs as in the end I caved and went with the 12 tokens for future stars. Got the Watford striker which is a L but could have been worse i suppose but I should have gone with packs..

Used the 3 85+ for 6pm and got smalling who might be useful in future objectives.

Used the future stars 85 plus and got tolisso who is a green link to my lewdeinski untradable not sure how to fit into first x1

Post edited by False Prophet on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I’m playing a 4231 IG with Ney/Diaz on the wings. Yeah, so far Hakimi isn’t bad. I used to play Cancelo LAM and CM before and he was fantastic there, so that’s why I was reluctance to let go.

Only opened the ultimate pack so far anyway and got RTTF Lozano + a bit of fodder. Hoping for a Kimpembe in the 81-89 pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Nothing more from the 50k pack or 81-89 pack. Thiago and IF De Ligt. The 81-89 pack was dreadful.. full of 82/81s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Finally capitulated, bought it for twenty quid on ebay. Did it half cut the other night when I couldn't get a game on '21.

Tell me, any overpowered golds in the Premier league?

Edit : I have 40,000 coins

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Just packed my first icon this year, mid Butragueno going for 550k but he’s untradeable and won’t make my team. Still, late night park opening paying off yet again.

Hakimi, Kimpembe, F.Mendy, Varane, Dembele, Lloris, Werner...cheap back 5 there that still cut it. Plus two front who can go with any number for a good starter team.

Kante is 75 or so, whereas he was 400k in Oct.

A decent team is cheap enough now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

I knew I shouldn’t have done it but did the Future Stars Party Bag and got FS Porro who I got in the first FS Party Bag a while back! Hacked off so put him bag into the second one and got another RWB but this time WW Semedo! It’s the hope that kills you

• Advertisement

If my understanding is correct, for each win in the KO stages the new cards get a +1.

I'm tempted to take Bowen as he's close enough to Sterling as it is and they could easily win that tournament. He's barely over 20k.

I'm tempted by Havertz too as Im not overly set on that 4th central position, he's a little over 200k and similar to B.Silva as is.

Surely Chelsea can get a win or two as they have Lille to play.

His gold card wasn't a bad starter either.

That flashback Neymar is ridiculous, his boots are made of glue, by far the best player I’ve used this year.

Red picks:

86 Ward Prowse

86 Mitrovic

86 Maignan

not bad at all.

Packed RTTF Sanchez in the 81-89 pack, nothing else above 84.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Got the Vardy RTTF card this morning when running through some packs. Not bad given he is the second highest rated card of all the RTTF cards released and should get at least one upgrade.

on another note, has anyone actually completed that Lique 1 Liaisons objective? Just had another go at finding a game and no luck at all

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

nothing appealing there apart from Cannavaro. But I'll end up doing the prime and the 91+ plus packs more than likely. I never have the patience to do anything spanning the 2 parts , just the leftovers for the second part.

also for the life of me I just can't use that FB Neymar... I find his composure utterly horrible and a huge letdown. I'm thinking maybe its the fact that I've used all his special and tots cards for the past 4-5 years that I feel the downgrade in this version.

Garrincha would be really good, but we're talking 30 days from now and probably 36 games (at least) of Squad Battles.

It's a lengthy slog when TOTS cards will be out soon after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Had his prime for a few weeks and he is deadly but by the time you'd have the tokens his time would have passed I reckon

Try every day to get into the ligue 1 objective but can’t find a game, I tried it on PS4 and PS5 versions and even checked the la liga one and there are opponents so someone is getting into the game!! I hope they end up just giving us the card at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah I'm banking on them just giving the card to everyone at this stage too. It's impossible to get a game.

• Advertisement

Did anyone do the ozil sbc? he was nearly too cheap not to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

will probably go for some combination of the Prime packs.

was actually coming to ask should I do this or let it expire, have the fodder but I’m on the fence over it tbh, would be a super sub.

Also, I’m considering buying Prime Cantona for a go, anyone used him?

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm guessing the likes of Cannavarro is going to require 13/14 tokens at least? So you'll be waiting for the 2nd batch of objectives to drop?

Yeah 100%.

Cannavaro is 14 so it'll be waiting for the second batch.

The only thing is Moments Cannavaro will definitely last you the entire game cycle. I was using him well into the summer last year and he was perfect.

Is it moments Cannavarro? I thought it was just his prime?

I'm really not sure I can do all those squad battles again. 😅

Yep it's Moments. He'll arguably be the best CB in the game to be honest.

I'd love Garrincha but really can't be arsed waiting a month.

I'll probably do all the fodder packs as my club is pretty bare now, plus the Prime icon pack.

That way I'll have something to look forward to from each set.

Would you replace de Ligt or Cordoba with Cannavarro?

So i am trying to be a bit more considered in my play (i.e. take my finger off the the R2 trigger a bit more)

im at the final check point before Div 1.

Was playing a guy at lunch time, and he wasnt having any joy, the new more considered me was blocking off most avenues for him and creating some decent chances of my own (but had not scored yet) anyway after 30 min he quits and then messages to say i am toxic 😁 you cant win really.

i wouldnt mind i was playing 442 with a high depth it wasnt drop back or anything like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Happens me frequently, 85 depth with a decent press going and I’m defending everything my opponent throws at me.

*cue the stream of abusive messages for being “toxic”*

Some players absolutely hate coming up against someone who can defend. If they play on, they’ll find out what “toxic” gameplay really is. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

new Amazon Prime pack out.

1. 7x Gold Rare Players 
    2. 2x 82 OVR Player Picks 
    3. 12x Rare Consumables 
    4. 1x Kanté Player Loan (20 Matches)

Advertisement