Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yup.. I’ll be getting the PIM Gerrard from swaps anyway so that’s one sorted. Have showdown Naby too. Will see what I can put together

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bonus player picks in weekend league this weekend IF you're using a silver team.

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Players also need to take extra touches before passing for no reason whatsoever.

Game is broken at the moment.

Limited to this current TOTW tho, not next week’s TOTW with Mbappe :(

Came up against a guy with 2200 SR - prime R9 + all the best TOTYs for the rest of the squad. Literally passed the ball around the back/to TOTY Kante and waited for a press. Lost 3-0.. I hope I never reach that rank. Mind-numbingly boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

About a month I've had it. Guys, it's absolutely ****. Worse than last one.

Take a look.

And it then proves itself. Eight corners in a row I defended but seemingly had no input, cross followed by header etc, twas a Silver team into the bargain.

How do You all do it???? I hate to say it but you're all addicted!!! This is the worst game ever and that's saying something lol.

It's actually worse than last years. And the year before. Sigh.

I've never had eight corners in a row offensively yet alone defensively. Worse thing was, I couldn't seem to do anything lol.

I think when the game believes you're under pressure it will make your keeper save by parrying things over / wide for a corner, even if it's an easy catch, which can lead to the odd situation of having corner after corner to defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

With Gran Turismo 7 out on Friday, I suspect we'll mysteriously see some really good promos and pack weight increasing over the next week or so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Davy05

That's something I've noticed as well. I've got Allison in goal who use to be safe as houses and now he can't hold on to any shot regardlessof power. Everything gets tipped out for a corner.

Got my 8 rivals wins done, awful awful awful gameplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well after cruising through div.3 to div.1, highest ranking in champs last weekend, 8 rivals win wrapped up in 10 or 11 games, my team is now the absolute pits, passes waaaay off target, Kimpembe is back to being the king of defenders, and now i notice shots from inside the box heading towards the corners of the goal, mysteriously seem to elevate or move slightly left or right to a point, the ball misses the goal altogether and then we have another glorious update, imagine still releasing updates in march to fix stuff in a game released in september

Can't say I've noticed any changes from the patches to date.

Maybe I'd give them the finesse shots from outside the box at launch but everything else they said they fixed still feels the same.

I won't play another cycle with this engine anyway so be interesting to see do we get a 3rd year where last gen is carried with next gen.

The upgrade has been completely pointless console wise this cycle given the lack of innovation for the next consoles. EA haven't innovated for a sports game in years now, churning out the same shite across the board on obsolete engines.

I'd bet the AI is no better now than FIFA 13, it's actually wrong to call it "intelligence" it's just "Artificial" 😊.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If anything I think the AI is too strong now. Defensive shape is far too solid on PS5 and every player absolutely sprints back into position, its very dull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I’ve a few TOTY player packs saved from weekend leagues ages ago, if I open them this evening will I be getting the new TOTY or one from ages ago?……and definitely not Mbappe 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Bloody Origi is ridiculous at corners--- one game today 3 corners 3 headed goals for the bollix..christ I hate him.

Are folks saving packs for FUT Birthday? Is this promo decent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

no idea....i think the last really good fut card was Griezemann back in fifa 20. Man that was a fantastic card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Origi and Daka were unstoppable for me before the patch, now they're just slow and clunky, they still score from corners but as for sprinting away from a defender with or without the ball, forget about it.

Actually, In one game last night, my opponent is on all out attack to try equalise, i get the ball and im 3 v 2, i press through ball to Daka, hes got Thiago Silva to beat, could not outpace him, Silva stuck with him for about 35 yards and won the ball off him, i just switched it off after the game finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

FUT birthday atal and renato last year were class.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Anyone else going to play with their silver team this weekend league? I won't get 11 wins but I should get to 8 depending what I come up against...

I was going to but then saw it’s limited to last week’s TOTW so kind of hesitant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Finally went to a liverpool PnP, its not quite meta but lets see how we go!

My Utd P&P first owner team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,836 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Not necessarily saving for FUT Birthday specifically, just saving because there's literally nothing to pack right now thanks to this silver promo.

There was talks of an upgraded Heroes promo like a month ago now with a bunch of leaks and then nothing happened sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

FUT Birthday last year had the best cards. All 5 star skills or weak foot and loads were usable til the end of the game. At this point the cards are so juiced the 5 star is the main differentiator

I've had no choice but to save packs, I've two 87 duplicates sitting in my club with no quick sell recoveries left.

I'm guessing you can do the silver FUT champs games in qualifying also?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Back playing FIFA after a few months break and everything has reset. Anyone have decent custom camera settings ?

Advertisement