Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,834 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Price ranges have been changed and Keanes are back on the market, picked mine up for 387k as soon as they were released...... cheapest right now is 590k 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Ginola 1.7m and Di Natale 1.1m too.. Joe Cole for 458k looks good tho, have heard good things about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got De Bruyne in a pack over the weekend. Put him straight into my team. Didn't win a single Rivals game. Took him back out and put Tielemans back in and win 2 out of 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Played a few games last night with all my shiny new players and pretty much the same thing happened to me. Same formation, same tactics, yet when I switch the likes of Telles, Isak and Henderson for Spinnazola, Auba and Pogba, my results fall of a cliff and I can't string 2 passes together even against the weakest SB teams.

What's the incentive to build an expensive squad when the game only penalises you for it with scripting? Last night I remembered why I gave up FUT a couple of years ago.

• Administrators Posts: 54,059 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What mechanic is at play there? Loyalty?

• Advertisement

I used to believe in scripting, and maybe it was true a few years ago.

But now I'd be confident it's just button delay.

It will mess up everything. Tackles are never clean, ground passes feel manual as they never go where they're meant to, you get run down and dispossessed cleanly over and over.

It has all the hallmarks of scripting but it's just everything is delayed.

What I do find though is that the tactics and instructions are broken.

My wingers ALWAYS push up on the wing backs and stand there. I've tried 4222, 442 and other variations and it keeps happening. Even putting my players to come short does nothing and the CDM always just bombs forward(using Fabinhio right now so he has the right work rates).

I keep finding that when I have the ball in my half or in midfield that I have nobody to pass it to as people push on and stand beside the defenders.

I've tried possession, fast, slow, direct.. I'm not finding any difference in how my team moves off the ball for me.

I'll have to shake it up big time and just copy someones tactics/formation later as no matter what I've tried Im finding nothing is changing how my team plays.

I had even taken my CDM out yest and found no difference playing Mount there instead.

Can someone recommend a good left sided midfielder/attacker? I've got Zaha in there right now but he isn't really that productive for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yep, I’d recommend copying tactics off YouTube - using HugeGorilla’s 4321 atm but the likes of NealsGuides and FUTAnalyst are very good too.

Yeah new Rivals is just bad, I lose like 10 games in a row, then finally improve slightly and win a couple, get promoted, and lose 10 in a row again. It's not fun.

AND all of this is only being done for ONE pack at the end of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I guess opponents may have quicker reaction times too. In season 5 you definitely need 2 wins without a loss in between, which can be difficult. I think you need 8 wins in total in that division

Probably only around 30K. I guess that just gets me someone like Carrasco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hiya - Is there a way to get an EA Play/Access trial (want to try out FIFA for 10 hours)?

Or is it just worth going the 1 Month route? Don't want to commit to buying FIFA. Need a PES alternative to do me for the year but I'm skeptical as a PES lover.

I was in the same boat. I hadn't bought FIFA since the original release on the Mega Driver in 1994. I've always been a PES player. But that series is dead, so I gave FIFA a chance.

I'm on PlayStation and signed up to EA Play for €1 for a month to play the trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If I saw the way to do €1 a month, I'd happily do that. I assume the €1 is via a non-Irish account? Showing as 3.99 for me

I did it on my Irish PSN account. I assume the deal has just finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Funny you should say that, because I had exactly the same experience yesterday. I upgraded my team with Chiesa, Skrinar, Barella, Handanovic, OTW Dumfries, Emre Can, who were all much better than the likes of Bellingham who they replaced. Same formation, same tactics, same division, and I literally could not pass the ball 5 yards. Neto was as overpowered as every keeper for me previously, but Handanovic was diving out of the way of shots, and palming weak shots straight at him into the corner of his own net.

The amount of really basics mistakes was nuts. Chiesa had worse dribbling than Diego Carlos who was my previous CB. Presume it's something to do with loyalty. Very odd anyway. The connection in the games showed the same ping as all previous nights.

I’m using Coman and think he’s good, but he’s 40k. IF Diaz is meant to be very good, but tough to chem in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Glad it’s not just me anyway, thought it was in my head for a while but the drop off in performance was so stark it was impossible to ignore. I’m not so sure it has much to do with loyalty though, I packed a couple of brilliant players in midfield and they’ve been the worst performers of the lot, with loyalty. Maybe my tactics aren’t suitable for better quality players, I might have another look and see what I can change.

Keep me posted if you notice an improvement and how it came about, because I’m still playing like I have 11 bronze players.

Quiet in work so was sniping away the last 2 days… up 70k atm. 3-4 Maguires just sold on my last cycle too for 4.5k each, bought for 1.8k. Not too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You get 200 qualification points for a win in div 4 so getting into qualifying is definitely a lot more doable as you get through the divisions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Regular gold Insigne is miles better than that Pedro Flashback SBC card they've released this evening!

80k+ for that Pedro card, very few gold cards in the game that cost more than that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Damn, there must still be a lot of lazy buyers out there. Tonnes of Maguires available for 2-2.5k BIN on the PS market right now. The silver cards I'm trading have dried up the last day or two.

• Administrators Posts: 54,059 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The lack of any progress for a draw in Rivals is really infuriating.

I just drew 1-1 against someone with a far better team than me, thanks to really excellent defending for 80 minutes, and he scores the equaliser with a minute to go. Feels like a double whammy, all for nothing!

Man, having played a full qualifier mode now (and ending up 3-5), I’m just baffled by it really. It’s pretty much gated WL off for me.

realistically, 3-5 is about par for the course for me. Usually I’d have gone 14-16, which reduces down to close enough 4-5. But that 3-5 really flattered me, as one win was a gifted win and one needed a 93rd minute penalty. I’ll need to get lucky to qualify for a WL, and realistically, I’ll need to regather the 1500 points.

and I’m thinking then, how awful it will be if I do get in, and all the other casual players aren’t there. Filtering out all the “easy” games sounds like it would be miserable.

So, most weekends, there’ll be no WL to play, and WL was 90% of why I played; building teams to get the rewards. With that’s gone, I reckon interest will fall off FAST for the game overall. The weekends I do qualify, I’ll likely get slaughtered.

And I’m not sitting here thinking “Well, I failed to qualify, maybe if I had better players? Maybe if I bought some packs?”. I’m just sitting here thinking, “nah, No point cause even with better players, I’d be killed so why bother at all?”

(upside, did pack OtW Locatelli from the reward pack I got for my failed attempt to qualify).

Yeah, found silvers died once everyone had the starter SBCs done. The daily SBC from yday made them spike again for an hour or so though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Which is a shame because they're the only thing I've ever been able to reliably make coins on :(

Just packed Werner, surprised to see he's worth 30k. Is he any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Completely agree with all that, I like you would fail to qualify sometimes, and I know people say “oh well once you qualify you can lose all 20 and still get decent rewards”, but that’s not really the point, rewards are nice of course but I’d actually want to play some games competitively.

I wouldn’t spend money on fifa points either as I know that’s not the issue, but many will.

I do think they’ll have to change something though.

if the casuals all drop away after 2 or 3 months then the decent g1 elite 3 players of last year will become the bottom feeders for the best players and they’ll lose interest too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I was thinking the same as you man, but after watching the below video from Nepenthez started to think a bit differently.

Also, this is going to be the toughest week possible to qualify. A lot of players won't have the 1500 points needed to even try the playoffs until next week, and in general the standard of player in the playoffs this week will be abnormally high.

I'm sure you will start to pretty easily qualify as the weeks go on, and as you progress in Rivals it won't be as long to accumulate the 1500 points either.

Would be interested to hear what people think of what he says:

https://youtu.be/JuVyH0dwlUE

I'll give the playoffs a bash myself tomorrow so my tune could change very quickly if I get destroyed mind!

Advertisement