Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I haven’t gotten the points yet so don’t have the answer, but can you save your points for another week? I’ll probably have 1500 for this week but don’t want to use them til another week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,747 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is there an input equivalent in this to Super Cancel in PES?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Looking at TOTW predictions for this week and Jesus, it's bad.

I genuinely don't know if any of the predicted options would make my team, even this early.

Theo Hernandez to replace my regular gold Theo Hernandez actually, but that's probably about it unless they throw in a few surprises.

It's not the worst week to miss out on FUT Champs if that's the case.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Trying to get up to Div7 in Rivals so I get a gold pack reward rather than the mixed pack, and it has been a slog. Need 1 more win and I am constantly ending up matched against people with unreal teams. 😕

No idea who’s buying French managers for 3k-5k but thank you to whoever it is… I’m up 100k on those alone over the last two days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

can slowly feel myself getting sucked back into this :( i swore i wouldnt after 21.

if i was to start and buy say 500k worth of coins, what league should i build a team around, la liga? or SeriaA ? EPL seems expensive?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I think every league is dead cheap at the minute, there's 83s going for 1000 coins. You can get a very decent team for any league for 100k.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

So few of them in the game. Surprised you’re able to snipe them for much below that tbh fair play!

You’d be surprised. Manager Vieira pops up often for <1k and sells instantly for max BIN 5k.

• Advertisement

thanks, what would you put together as a decent starting team (for a div3/4 FIfa 21 player)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Talisca in TOTW3.

his OtW SBC is available for two more days but obviously a bit better value now than it was yesterday…

the OtW Locatelli I got for bombing out of WL qualification gets a boost too, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Was considering doing him but will deffo do him now.

There's a silver squad friendly mode added with a silver totw ligue 1 player earnable as an objective.

Had a good run in rivals today so went from Division 8 to a few wins off Div 5. I don't want to go any higher since there's a patch on the way that's meant to nerf outside the box finesse shots and lobbed through balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I hate Squad Battles so much, they haven't done a single thing to improve it since its inception either, despite being by far the least positively received game mode.

How do you get TOTW players? Just luck in packs?

Went 3-5 in the playoffs.

I'm currently motoring through division 5 and thought the standard was easily well above that.

I actually took the lead in 6 of those 8 games but fell apart in a lot of them. Lost 1 in ET and 1 on penalties. Not a million miles off but I'm probably a bit too easy to read at the moment.

Matchmaking was very tough. Every game was against someone with a very old club (e.g. 2012, 2013) so really experienced. I also thought even at -2 form I was matching against players who would never be at that sort of form ordinarily in WL.

I have a huge issue with creating chances once I get into the final third, especially through the middle. I'm not sure if a single striker formation is going to cut it so I may have to move away from my 4-2-3-1 as it seems to be limiting me.

Plenty to work on in the next few weeks anyway as I won't get a chance to play FUT Champs for another while with busy weekends ahead.

My hope is that this will be the hardest week to qualify of the year, with a lot of the more "casual" players not having gained enough points to enter the playoffs yet.

At least this week's TOTW is utter rubbish anyway and lets face it, there's no way any of us are packing Son so I'm not missing out on too much!

I switched back to trading silver rare Championship players the last week, bottom fell out of the Prem rares and I still have some to shift from over a week ago.

Mainly buying at 450-500 and posting for 750-900 BIN.

Came home and saw 40 were sold and I had a stack in my club waiting and noticed the BINs were too high for the new SBC and it was the silver objective.

I got Fernandes earlier, it took a lot of trading as my next upgrades are all 100k now.

After the big surge in silvers this evening I'm closing in on Pogba now, I had 10k after Bruno and 85k now with still more silvers to shift.

They're always a good bet as even the recent SBCs cleared a lot in one rotation I'd often shift 5/6 in a random rotation. But I've been able to make 4x on some cards with the objective, was able to keep 11 decent players and I'll try get them up while the prices are good.

His regular gold card is fantastic so this will be a nice addition!

They better patch the finesse shots from outside the box in the first release.

They're too accurate, but to compound it, your goalie often doesnt even react and stands as it goes over his head.

Its mainly just the goalkeepers aren't reacting properly though they do seem too accurate as well.

Some fella got two against me there with Salah, identical goals.

I checked a steamer yesterday to see what cameras people use(I use Co OP and wanted to make sure I wasnt the only one which I didnt seem to be) and the two were talking about how a finesse shot from outside the box is a better chance than a 1v1 and I'd agree with that. Especially if you're talking about people hitting them with the 90 odd players.

Anyone else getting awful lag tonight? Lots of fast forwarding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Up to Division 3 and enough points to try qualification again...see how it goes

Bought Son and he's unbelievable. Mahrez is a bit of a bargain too if you can move him to CAM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Went 3-5 in FUT Champ playoffs after being 2-1 (I’m in Div 6), Two of those losses in the 90th minute or later

Didn’t think I’d qualify but a bit gutted to bottle two games so late on

The thought of having to gain another 1500 points is not great

Yeah, the normal versions of the cards are replaced in packs with the TOtW versions of cards for the week. So either packs, or buy them off the transfer market (fair warning, the prices vary wildly during the week. It will take a bit to figure out when the best time to buy them off the market is. Usually it’s when reward packs are opened and a load of cards get listed, with people trying to sell theirs quickly at a lower price).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I'm 4-3 in champs qualification at the minute. Was 4-1 but lost the last two. Every game bar 1 has been really close. Fingers crossed I can sneak a win in the final two games. I'm in Div 5 at the minute also.

De Jong the best in my Div 6, rank 1 reward pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

I qualified for WL. I'm in DIV 5 at the moment but think I'll go higher the more I play. Still finding it extremely difficult to score with any consistency. I find myself in good positions a lot and keeper just saves everything. I was watching a pro last night and they were similar so I don't feel too bad.

I played draft a couple days ago and have that bug where Joe Cole is in the squad so I can't play any matches. It says matchmaking disabled. Apparently it's been like this since the release of the FUT hero players. Anyone know of a fix? Pretty incredible that they haven't resolved it yet.

I got absolutely nothing worthwhile whatsoever in my Div 8 Rank 1 pack. Bit frustrating.

I thought the reset was 9pm, not 9am, and I needed just 1 more win for Div7 Rank 3. :(

right folks getting into it tonight, have about 250k to spend, which of these 4 teams would you go with:

EPL, La Liga, Lig Un / Bundes or Seria A (im leaning towards Serie A actually)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Still waiting to get access to the transfer market on the App. I've played most game modes, have over 30 squad battle games, played some rival games, done some SBC'S and have played every day since last Friday and I still don't have access. Frustrating.

• Advertisement

Advertisement