Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Options

Comments

And I'm done with playing this routinely.

I might play a bit when I'm drinking as sports games are all you can play with music, but I'm not devoting any more time to this, as its playing right now.

Look how slow Pogba is to get moving there, all I was doing was trying to get him moving forward.. nothing fancy.

If he had someone near me he'd have taken the ball off me.

Every single game is sluggish, servers are pathetic and it's far worse than 21 or else its just the new mechanics are making the penalties much more severe.

I'll keep trading away, and play the odd bit but I cant sit and play game after game like this anymore as it's just beyond frustrating.

Game played completely different during the trial when there wasnt as many playing, it so I know it's not the game as such but server issues.

Enjoy, just not something those of us on the West coast can play properly😊😁.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got an untradeable Coman yesterday from objectives and got another one today from the lukaku pack sbc. Annoying that there's no way to trade cards,

Made about 20k including the coins from my rivals rewards. Unless they up the rewards soon I see myself losing interest quickly as rivals just isn't worth playing.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Got stuffed again in Rivals, so just decided I'm going to sell everything and start from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Didn’t want to sell Kante so I got rid of Pogba instead and put this little number together (10 chem on everyone in the balanced formation)

A bit annoying I can’t fit Koulibaly in but Skriniar looks alright himself and there’s room to improve the team still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Only been playing since Saturday but been following this forum from the start. Doesn’t seem much for a casual player to keep me interested.

I gave up on WL after Fifa 19 so since then just doing Squad Battles for the rewards/objectives and friendlies with a little Rivals mixed in for some competitive action but seems Rivals is a right mess and the rewards just terrible so seems little incentive to get involved with that.

Have always been able to eventually build super teams in past FIFA’s without having to spend a penny but seems it will be harder this year with rewards just slashed back to the minimum. I’ll still keep plugging away but can’t see myself investing so much time into it this time round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Currently have just under 300 84 rated players (mainly Maguire's, Henderson's and Trippier's) purchased between 1.6k-2.2k over the last couple of weeks.

As I've gone unassigned on them, it's a bit of a pain as I can't do anything such as opening packs until they are gone, and it will probably take another couple of weeks before they really start to shoot up in price, although there are signs of it starting to happen already.

That said, I'm accumulating a nice haul of decent packs already with over 40. I might see how long I can hold off on opening them until there's a good promo on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I did the Marquee Matchup SBCs just there. The rewards were good. I got;

• Bruno Fernandes
    • Bonucci
    • Ruben Dias
    • Ilicic
    • Ndidi
    • Tielemans

I wonder if I should sell Fernandes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

I'm the same, the game is broken for me. Speed lag shows up at the start of the second half more often than not. If it doesn't then games are sluggish and you can easily spot the delay. I sent in a complaint but what else can you do. It's a shame as I was enjoying the changes that they made this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Are we thinking a BPL POTM tomorrow ?

They would all be useful for sure, but I’d love to see what sort of price they would pull out of their arse if it ended up being CR7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

He was going for close to 4.6k today! Hope they keep going nuts for him. It’s making me a lot of coins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I’d personally be cautious with the 84s. You might be holding onto them for a long while if you want any sort of decent profit. Everyone and their nan has hordes of fodder stocked and ready to flood the market. The next decent SBC and everyone will be undercutting each other trying to offload their fodder.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Qualified 5-4 for weekend league. I had a game to spare so gave someone a win. I have a feeling that Sunday evening will have a lot of people giving away games to complete their 20 games rewards even if they’re going for 0-20!

7 . Finding it tough to move up, I'd say I win 1 game for every 3 or 4 lost at this stage. A lot of it is down to other players just having far better teams and perfect chemistry. You?

Made about 80k selling off all the fodder last night, going to sell a bunch of contracts today and other junk (stadiums, kits etc).

Might sell off a few starting players too.

started playing last night after swearing i wouldnt 😁 (i got back into it last year with 21 so was in a similiar boat to you this year trying to figure it all out and make sense of it) i got up to 8 last night relatively easily but will see how i go after that, finished up div3 in 21 but right at the end, im not particularly good but i enjoy it.

Chemistry at this stage (and chemistry styles for players) is important as their stats are lower, so if you have a player with 80 pace say, a shadow or a hunter will move him to 90 but only if you have 100 team chem and 10 players chem (you can mess around on futbin to see how lower chemistrys impact). So id try and max out chem even if it means benching some better players or else build around your better players and jettison the rest.

Yea that's what I'm going to try, I'm going to keep a few good players then try build a squad from the same league as much as possible.

I got up to Div 8 very fast, I think I won pretty much every game on the way, but then going from 8-7 it got way tougher. On the way to 8 I'd say I was playing against "normal" teams, but then started to get matched against players who had clearly paid a lot of money to build super strong teams so early in the game.

one thing that i learned last year is that players only make so much of a difference, you could have the best team in the game and a really good player with a decent rare gold team will still tear you apart, so im going to try focus on getting better rather than chasing every shiney new upgraded player.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Ya I'm getting this every game. Really annoying.

First time playing ultimate team in a good few years. I have a really crap English team but doing ok. Harvey Barnes probably my best player.

Some teams I'm coming up against must cost a fortune in coins. How are people getting these teams so quickly? Are they just buying coins with FIFA points?

Buying FIFA points and then buying packs.

Anyone who bought the ultimate edition got enough free FIFA points with their purchase for about 30 gold packs on day 1.

• Advertisement

Should have bought the ultimate edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Qualified for WL on 2nd attempt, 5-3. Not sure how fun WL will be, close games on this seem to end up very tedious, with people passing the ball around for 10-15 in game minutes for one attack. You know you're in for a boring game when you counter attack and the opposition already has their full back 4 and 2 dms in shape, clearly all on stay back when attacking.

Think I've found my level for the moment in division 5.

Constant cycles of 1 win, followed by 2 losses.

The opposition aren't doing anything special really, no huge amount of skills moves etc, so it's on me to improve.

I find with the 4-2-3-1 I can easily progress the ball into the final third out wide, but I struggle from there and I often lose the ball. The middle of the field seems like a no-go zone.

Lots to work on this weekend.

Anyone have any custom tactics they have been having success with as I wouldn't mind trying some out?

POTM Ronaldo is out. 26 squads required, think it’s coming to a little over 2m maybe? Not sure. Upgrade doesn’t seem worth it.

not sure how it is for 22 but i mostly used nealsguides 352 for 21 and he reckons its working in 22 as well,

solid defensively and 2 up top helps imo.

Thanks. I think I'll give it a go as I need to try something different

With my Serie A team, Theo Hernandez and Cuadrado are probably perfect for those wing back positions anyway.

I don't think the 1 up front is doing me any favours in terms of chance creation so it's worth a go! :)

yep you are perfect on the wings with those two,

the other thing you need is a cdm then that can go CB, im sure kessie would be perfect for that aswell

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bloody hell, I knew it would be bad but that's utter insanity at this point in the game. Absolute hard pass.

Honestly, I've put the game down and gone to Farcry 6 for a bit. Missed WL qualification, only need to win 7 games to get a reward in rivals (but it's nothing compared to last year). So basically I've gone from 10 packs on a Thursday morning to 1 or 2. Which makes it easier to go to nothing, and just play ultra casually.

Trading super slow at the moment too. I think with so many people not getting into WL, and with reduced rewards, there's less people being lazy and overspending on players.

I actually am enjoying the game play. I like where keepers are, and I love slower strikers being so viable (Kane is awesome). But the way they've hacked at the rewards has just removed 90% of my motivation to play :/

I don't think 1 up top works with the new defensive pressing abilities. You just get swamped by defenders.

• Advertisement

I want to list like 80 contracts on the market. Is there a quick way to list multiple of the same item that I can't see?

Advertisement