Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Mine was Grealish, still nothing great. But at least it’s 84 fodder.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Got Dias from the packs, decent fodder or useable??

0-3 in qualification, last person I came up against destroyed me, so much for lowering my ELO to get an easier matchup. Wouldn’t mind but I went from Div 5 - 4 without losing yesterday, so went in all confident!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone any tips for players to buy and sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

There's definitely something off with matchmaking and ELO.

At 1-4 I matched a player who gave me a free win from kick-off. He was obviously already after hitting his 5 wins as why else would he give away a win without being qualified, so at -3 ELO I matched up against someone who was at the very least +1!

In addition to that, after I lost a game to go 1-3, I messaged my opponent to ask him what his playoff record and he replied that said win moved him to 4-1. So if he was telling the truth (and why would he lie) that's a difference of +/- 2 in ELO.

I'm fully convinced at this point that, despite what EA have said, that ELO is either not working correctly or not turned on for the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I was away the weekend and one annoying thing is as soon as you hit the 1500 points you're in for that weekend's league. Unless you decided not to play any matches and its rolls to the following week?

Anyway I decided since my phone signal was awful to just give about my matches and just get the rewards for 8 points which is better than nothing. Did get a few surprised messages about why I was quitting with a team like mine. But god the rewards are woeful this year. Another thing is your chances of getting a special card from packs is massively undercut now so only real option is to trade or grind packs.

I have found though that I have barely any interest in playing now that rewards suck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yeah, I just play to the 7 wins and then have zero motivation to play it. Spend more of my time on the web app.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Decided when I was 0-3 in WL qualifers to switch from 4-4-2 to a more aggressive 3-4-1-2. Since I'm conceeding for fun anyway, may as well try a more high pressure tactic. WIn the ball higher up the field, have Vardy on aggressive interceptions, etc

3-3 now. Not confident I can record 5 straight wins though, but at least I'm having more joy with the 3ATB formation now.

After nearly trying every formation and custom tactic in the game and feeling like I was getting nowhere, I was on the verge of going mad.

Decided to try out FIFA Analyst's 4-3-2-1 as a bit of a last resort for something different and it clicked straight away. It really seems to suit my style and the amount of goals I've scored from Theo Hernandez bombing forward from LB and crossing into the box is ridiculous. The LF (Insigne) and RF (Chiesa) don't really play wide at all and are always available close to the box in the final third which solves my biggest issue of having no options and getting swamped when I get the ball into a striker in any of the other 1 striker formations. I also brought Dybala in after hearing great things about him and he's a much better CAM than Mkhi who I was using up to now.

I'm on a great run today and now up to division 3, yet I'm getting battered at -2 ELO in the FUT Champs Playoffs. No-one can tell me that ELO is actually working properly in that!

As mentioned yesterday, I decided to try out the PS4 version of the game. Graphically the PS5 is obviously much better, but the PS4 version doesn't seem to have that next-gen issue with the Hypermotion system of clean tackles bouncing straight back to the opposition which is a big cause of frustration. I do prefer the slower, more realistic gameplay of the PS5 version however.

The difference in the player base seems to be vast. Maybe it's just down to the simple fact that there are far more PS4 players than PS5, but the standard of opposition on Rivals in division 4 on PS4 has felt much lower than on PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,119 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

what is your team (i have some of the same players might try the formation out) oh and do you mind linking the video for that formation please?

• Advertisement

Sure, no problem at all, here's the video:

That's my team in-game with those custom tactics. Hernandez on balanced attack, Cuadrado on stay back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'm currently using 41212 narrow with 4321 as my alternative tactic if it isn't working. Generally seems to be effective, with 1 full back pushing forward in both. Qualified for WL a bit easier this week with 5-2 then gave away a couple of games to finish it. I'd say waiting until Thursday or even Friday would make qualifying much easier.

One thing I have noticed both weeks though is that qualifying games are way less enjoyable than WL games. People playing a lot more cautiously in qualifying, maybe because just getting into WL guarantees big rewards whereas not qualifying at all is a huge gap. Makes for desperate game play.

I’ve read a few people say that. Couldn’t be much more miserable anyway lol

packed Donnaruma for qualifying. Handy 80k. Might take that and invest in an upgrade on Fabinho if I can think of one in that price range.

Everyone should be allowed enter weekend league and keep the rewards as they are!! No point punishing players who struggle to qualify and enjoy playing that game mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I would agree, even put the entry back behind the rivals points like last year.

I have no interest in qualifying games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I bought the Saudi Arabian hero two days ago for 120k and now he's 90k. If there's an opposite to a pro trader I'm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I guess it's last year all over again with my Irish team, no Callum Robinson in the TOTW despite scoring 5 goals over 2 games this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That's a serious TOTW. Reds will be much better this week than last

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Gvardiol got a nice upgrade in his TOTW, up to 81 from 75. Looks like one of the best cb options in Bundesliga now with 85 pace, 80 def and 85 physical.

I think when you buy an expensive player like that, mentally you have to write off some coinage. Even if you sell at the same price again, you’ll be losing 5% on the tax anyway.

Its something always struggle with. I’ve got about 700k in the bank right now and don’t want to spend it for fear of losing coins. Which is probably stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I've just had 2 people pass the ball around the back constantly to close out wins........ in silver stars friendlies???

Such a toxic, toxic community. What's more annoying is that in each game I had 3 xG higher than they had.

Third time lucky, but I'm into Weekend League!

First game I was 1-0 up, dominating, conceded a 90th minute equaliser and lost in ET. Thought to myself, here we go again.

However, I went on to win 5 in a row and get to 5-1 before giving away the last 3. It felt great to be able to give those last few away!

Something has really clicked for me today. Flying into division 3 in Rivals and now a 5 game win streak in playoffs when I had previously gone 3-5 twice.

1-4 in qualification. I’m just coming up against better players.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I wonder why these people play the game tbh. It's supposed to be fun.

Just realised that if you have qualified for WL, you can't begin to earn your 1500 points in Rivals until your WL is over.

I was thinking I could start to accumulate the 1500 to go towards next week's qualification points now, but of course, no.

As a result, will I get the qualification points from Rivals rewards tomorrow or should I wait until after WL to redeem same? I just don't want the points to disappear if I claim my Rivals rewards tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

0-2 in my first two qualifier games. Find people are easily able to get behind my back line but if I reduce the depth in custom tactics anymore I have no one to play the ball forward to.

Two wins off of division 4 and find I either win easily or lose easily in every game now.

This is my current team

I sub Kessie on and swap Reus and Sabitizer so everyone but David is on 10. Not finding kessie much good so might try and replace him. If the bundesliga and ligue 1 potm sbcs don't come soon I'll probably just do Benzema.

(Im not sure why the images keep coming up different angles on the site but you cant seem to alter them.)

I logged in today for the first time since the weekend to get the wins for the pack.

I was having a few drinks and got the 1500 points so said I'd hammer into the 9 games.

Two weeks from two, I've lost 4 points.

Surely this has happened to someone else now?

I've played two playoffs and lost 4 points each time.

I should either have 19 points if 4:3(which I am) or 16 if I was 3:4 yet I have 15 points.

I emailed and played on last week and got the wins, I'll do the same but this is a joke, I need get to 6 wins as my next should be 5 and done.. instead I need to win 2:3. It's a huge difference.

Cant believe this happened again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

3-5 Again this week in Champs Qualifying

3 defeats by a goal, 2 defeats where I threw away a two goal lead (Including the last game where I was 4-2 up in the 88th minute and then lost on pens)

I just can’t see out leads, they’ll get a goal back and I’ll just crumble

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Likewise

Had a guy beat me 2-1 in extra time of silver stars and he was passing the ball back to his keeper for nearly the whole of extra time.

Then he messaged me complaining that I was on drop back even though Im not and I'm on a high defense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Getting the game today, changing to playstation from xbox, i know, judging by clips and reviews im seeing online that i probably shouldnt 😄, but sure we'll see how it goes

Advertisement