Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Balance, 50, 58, Balanced, direct passing, 47, 4, 2, 1 (1 for FL and 2 for corner)

GK on Sweeper and come for cross

Wing backs on stay back and overlap

LCM and RCM on default but cover centre

CCM on stay back and cover centre

LF and RF on stay forward and stay central

St on stay forward and get in behind

I lowered the defence depth from 65 to 58 caus I was getting caught out in behind

Think the video I watched was from Huge Gorila or something

Donnaruma

Navas - Marquinos - Kimpembe - Digne

Mostovoi - De Jong - Pogba

Dembele - Rashford - Son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Reckon if you leave a few games until Sunday evening you should be almost guaranteed some free wins

@BrentMused I'm in exactly the same mindset going into champs,,,,it was an accomplishment getting 14 wins last year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think if you hit 1500 points, you can enter this weekends league until tonight. If you don’t enter by tonight, the points hold until next weekend, and I think you can’t play another set of qualifiers until after that.

0-2 start, but can instantly see what people were saying about the way more lax attitude in the WL now. Both games were fun back and forths. My controller has chosen this morning to break again though, with one press of the Lb button becoming two 😔

• Administrators Posts: 54,065 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

So if I got the last 100 points today at lunch time, I'd have until tonight to play my 8 qualifying games? But if I get the 1500 points and don't start the qualifiers, my points will roll over to next week and I can start qualifying then?

Sorry if dumb question, finding this a bit confusing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I believe so, I'm not sure what the cut off time for qualifying is this year. I know you could still redeem entrance last year on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

There is no time limit this year lads. I done the playoffs last Saturday and entered the WL on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Good lord, 3 rivals games and 3 wins but jeez its whoever benefits from the ball deflections win at any cost matches, last match i had to pass the ball around the back, i had 13 shots to 1 and just hung on to win 2-1

I think myself and div.10 could be friends for a while 😄

2-6 now.

with the exception of one toxic idiot, the losses have been mostly close calls too. Knowing rewards are locked in at a minimum level of what I’m used to gives a lot more freedom for fun. I’d have been disgusted with that record last year but don’t care this time so much.

Getting the hang of the game and playstation now, 532 tactics from fifa 21 working well, Vardy and Lukaku up front doing the business

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

That's the beauty of the WL now, as long as you qualify you're guaranteed decent rewards no matter how many wins you get takes all the stress out of it. Now I only stress for the 9 games of qualification 🤣

Man, the change of attitudes after school ends is massively noticeable. Every game is a toxic mess now 🤣

Got Gvardiol, Romero and Hernandez from my picks.

Noticed alot of people doing the no loss glitch today, I didn't care caus I still got the win

Also noticed it was alot more toxic after 3pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I tried qualifying for the WL. That was a waste of time. Lost the first 3 games and I barely saw the ball apart from kicking off after every conceded goal. I'm in Division 5 right now, so I assume those players were from higher divisions.

I ended qualification early so I can go back to normal Rivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The one thing that they've done very well is made most of the modes less stressful. It's not perfect, but now I don't care if I lose now when I can't get relegated, and will surely end up with decent rewards, no matter what.

Only the playoffs have consequences for losing, and even still, you can nearly afford to lose half the matches in a mode where a lot of people seem to gift wins. I was trying to gift people wins after I'd qualified last night, and they ended up gifting me wins instead. Would prefer if they didn't lock people out of WL though.

The other small thing that's cool is the ability to turn off opponent celebrations - find it less toxic without watching shushing/dabbing/dancing celebrations.

I was basing the play offs as being 10 games.

So you're right, just stupidity on my part.

I ended up losing the next and had to win 2:2 which I just logged back into do.

Thankfully neither game was overly difficult, though both did get back to 2-1 with next to no chances, but ended up winning easily in the end.

Did anyone hear what they did to stop people using their FBs as CBs?. I thought they had a plan for it.

Not seen it much but I decided to drop Rudiger and use Azpilicueta TOTW as a CB so starting Cancelo and switching and I'm not seeing any changes to 2021. The chem doesnt seem any lower for one.

Can’t work out what my current results are, which probably isn’t a bad thing, but I’m on 23 points with 9 games to go.

which means even if I lose all nine games, I get 32 points, which is two “1 of 4 picks”, which is actually better than I used to get last year. I think you needed 17 wins for that last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Just qualified for the WL, needed to win the final game and the dude DC'ed after I went 1-0 up ~20 minutes in so I assume that means he was gifting them.

@Josey Wales If it's any consolation I started 0-3 also but scraped it in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Packer RTTK Tonali from a basic Gold Preview Pack in the store. Was thinking would be a nice 50k or so until I looked and saw what he was going for. Insta Sold at 190k BIN which was nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Where do you check your overall record in Ultimate Team? I want to laugh at mine. I dunno is it the PS5 smaller player base or if I am just dung!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Is it possible to play 10 friendlies and forfeit after kickoff to get cllub loyalty chemistry?

Few places say its possible in fut22 but I dont see players matches playing stats increase so I've a feeling I'm wasting my time or doing it wrong

That was actually a fun day, lol. Got nine games done in the last hour, cause people were quitting out after the first goal (even if I flukes it) and two people gave me wins. Hit rank three and couldn’t hit rank two with what I had left, so gave away the two wins.

Rewards

1500 qualification points

player pick one

81 Elyounoussi

81 Blake

78 Lovrid

81 Yarmchuk

player pick 2

81 Wu Lei

81 Garry Rodrigues

81 Blake

78 Lovric

not great but given the workload involved, not massively bothered. Chose two that I might be able to use in icon swaps, etc.

jumbo rare players pack - Tadic, Grealish…loads of fodder basically.

TOtW pack - milinkovic Savic, Gvardiol & Taposa. First two don’t look bad actually.

No idea how rivals works this year but im 10-2 and upto div.7, ranked 2nd i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I think they patched it because it wouldnt work for me either. I ended up just using the team in Squad Battles for 10 games instead. At least you get rewards on Sunday then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Ended up facing a guy with Mbappe and Neymar in my last qualifying match and got destroyed. My defense kept pushing into his half whenever I had the ball making the lobbed through balls to Mbappe simple whenever he won possession.

Back to 0 points and don't have much interest in trying again. Think I'll do the De Ligt sbc and play Far Cry for a week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Had to do that RTTK de Ligt.

Got it done for 4k with what I had in my club, and ended up making that back on quick selling duplicates from the packs.

Currently running a full Serie A team with gold Koulibaly and gold Skriniar at the moment, so couldn't resist this as he's all but guaranteed one upgrade and has a very good shot at the second.

I think they need to change the WL.

For the play offs a concession is rare as it's really only the odd situation it will be done.

But the first WL game I played the guy scored an OG and left, another left at 1-0 after 20mins and I think I had a 3rd who scored an OG and quit.

Sure it makes things easier and I'll get to 44 easy with a shot at 56(34 with 10 to play) and even a chance at R1 but it's just disminishing the thing when games are being conceded so regularly.

Maybe a solution without huge changes would be to let people end the WL at whatever rank they're happy. Stops those of us who want games getting cheap wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Had to get some games done tonight. Finished 2-4. Wish I didn't bother, Servers are a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

What do you mean by upgrade? Do they change the stats on cards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Yeah, for some cards they do.

There's usually Road to the Finals cards where cards will upgrade if a players' team progresses in a competition, and this year they have introduced Road to the Knockouts (RTTK).

De Ligt for example will receive a +1 upgrade if Juventus progress from their Champions League group, and a further +1 if they win 3 if their next 4 in the group.

They play Malmo and Zenit x2 as their next 3 games so that card has a very strong chance of receiving the +2 upgrade.

Advertisement