Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,454 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Got to Rank 3 and wasn’t able to get any further so I gave away a couple of wins which felt pretty nice, the messages of gratitude make it worth it too.

Was really looking forward to my rewards.

2 81 IF Player Picks

Lozano in the TOTW pack. Already packed him earlier.

Acuna in the jumbo rare players pack.

So I think I might be done with the weekend league for another year.🙂

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

4-3 for the evening in champs. All of my losses went to extra time, one lad had a god squad with Neymar and Messi and I was leading 3-1 but lost 4-3 in ET to a jammy goal. One lad just quit without giving the win, I felt like messaging him to tell him to just find the win.

oh tip for any of the new to Fifa lads, I know penalties aren’t very frequent in this game but if you look closely you can see the head movement of the kicker before he takes his shot, I’ve saved a lot of them from this method against what seems to be new to Fifa players but be careful, some players use it to bate you and go the other way.

I started 8-2, and then ended up 2-6 in the second half and had to win the last two to get the 56 points.

Game played like **** all evening but definitely got worse as it got later.

Are they joking with this patch?. It honestly feels like it fixed nothing listed in the notes.

You're still exposed from an attacking corner and I'm seeing no reduction in the bad touches(and whatever else they mentioned in the patch notes about control), keepers are still ridiculous in close and finesse shots dont seem that reduced.

3 picks - Raphinha, Lozano and Depay. I can use Raphinha on low chem on the left, Depay I'll add to the bench.

Have loads of packs to open but loaded up on Silvers before 6pm thinking there would be splurge so cant open anything until I shift 30 more cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Got RTTK Gravenberch from the daily SBC, not too bad. Looks a quality card. On a bit of a winning streak in rivals atm too, Haaland banging in goals for fun again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The head movement on pens has been like that for the past 2 fifas, i use it to my advantage every time, look right and go left last minute or chip down the middle

On a sepearte note, 1st day playing the game yesterday, keepers are way op'd but i knew that from the reviews, but the players feel like they are playing on ice, very hard to control them, also the ball deflections from tackles is as bad as last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Serie A is really feasting this year.

Usually it's generally forgotten about and nearly every good SBC or bit of content is PL based, but POTM Koulibaly, RTTK de Ligt, RTTK Tonali, RTTK Vidal are all excellent. We've had Pedro too although I wasn't keen on that SBC.

Definitely going to bring in RTTK Tonali to replace gold Kessie and RTTK Vidal to replace gold Barella when they drop in price a bit as AC Milan won't be getting out of that group.

For a combined 250k now there's 2 midfielders who will easily do the job for months and it will cheaper than that when AC Milan can't qualify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Did the RTTK De Ligt sbc last night which let me get rid of my untradeables and open the packs I had saved. Got RTTF Gravenberch, Valverde and Pogba from about 10 packs. Up to 250k now with my IF Dzekos and Maguires still waiting to rise.

Want to try out the RTTF Isak card but might wait a bit to see if his price drops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,835 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just realised we've barely had a whisper about Swaps this year

• Administrators Posts: 54,065 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just played a game where my opponent got a 1 on 1 against me and my 87 rated keeper literally ran out of the goals to the side to give him an open goal.

Bizarre and infuriating.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blargh. Tried to run the qualifiers this morning cause I was on a high. Went 3-0 and then 3-5 :(

• Advertisement

On a positive note, plenty of time to get the Rivals points to try again during the week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I still have access to the mobile app, I think it’ll expire tomorrow unless you buy the game so pumped my coins into IF Muller.

if I get the game in January I would expect to at the very least double coins on him, if not treble.

for anyone playing now, I’d still recommend him as a longer term investment, an 88 IF with easy links at 20k is a steal. If you have excess coins buy a few, stash him in your club and forget about him and be patient, IF’s will take a while to rise but once icon sbc’s and lucky bags come these will rise

obviously if you’re good at trading you could do more with the coin by trading daily but if you’re not bothered with that just buy some and see what’s he’s selling for in about 4 or 5 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Currently on track for rank 4. Looked like a comfortable rank 3 but can’t string two passes together now it seems. I’ve noticed certain formations you fave force your back line to play higher than others which is very annoying because it’s the sweaty teams doing it and you can’t do much about it.

Anybody been able to make coins this week? Nothing has shifted for me, didn’t expect the rare golds to move but rare silver & bronze trading is on it’s arse as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Got Kimpembe in the gold preview pack, was shocked to see he goes for 60k! Most expensive 83 in the game? Anyway it was a handy 50k profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

My pack luck is shocking. 35 packs opened yesterday and the best player was an untradeable 81 in form. Not a single walkout. 18 packs without a single board and when I did get one, it was Asensio who is 850 coins.

I've had two walkouts in all of the packs I've opened this game cycle (Chiellini who goes for 5K from Advanced SBCs and Courtois).

I’m right there with you! To the point where I seriously considered creating a new EA account this year to see if it would work

Went 8-8 in Weekend League and gave the rest away. I was 6-8 but got the last two wins gifted to me.

Nice to play a Weekend League with no stress involved.

Rafinha and Lozano the best options from the reds which I can't complain about at all as they'll be excellent super subs for me, something I'm currently lacking.

Muller from the TOTW pack and 2 discards. Muller's price should fly up during the year so I'll stash him in the club.

Coman and Kroos from the Jumbo Rare Players Pack.

Overall very pleased with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Hopefully an IF Firmino next Wednesday. I'll probably start saving fodder in the hope of a potm Salah as well even though it'll probably have 20+ squads.

Think I've given up on Squad battles. The teams you play are much better now and the points for Elite 1 are only getting higher as the more casual players drop off in favor of rivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Firmino nailed on for an IF. Hoping Reus can get in too, he has opened the scoring for Dortmund.

Picked up the De Ligt SBC, reasonable cost.

• Advertisement

Is there any way to see your current streak in rivals?

One thing I’ve noticed is back is the awful stadium shadows. Had a game there that was sunny and in the Dortmund stadium, was way too fuckin bright and couldn’t see for half the match. Lost it 5-2 as well, impossible to defend or attack.

These ball deflections off players in tackles, are they counted as interceptions? In my last match i looked at the stats to see if they are counted as tackles or what, i noticed interceptions was high, 53 between us 😂

Literally impossible to snipe a shadow.

FFS.

2-1 in my qualifiers so far.

just played someone with Ronaldo, Lukaku, Haaland, Dias, Ederson, etc, one of the easiest games I’ve ever had. Obviously someone who’s pumped in a fortune of real money.

when I saw the lineup at the start I thought I was done.

edit: OMG was playing a normal rivals match instead of champs. Feck sake. 1-1 still so.

Just got enough points there for qualifiers, so will give that a bash later on tonight. Almost hit 1M too.. currently sitting on 940k. Ginola/Di Natale is the end-goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got into Div 5 in Rivals last week and the game has stopped being any fun at all to play.

Anyone else find through balls do not go where you play them, pass diagonally and they seem to just go straight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Went onto YouTube to watch some Gameplay of Ultimate Team.

Greeted by a tonne of Pack Opening ‘You won’t believe who I got’ videos - very little with actual Gameplay in them.

One of the videos consisted of the YouTuber opening packs for other people who are letting them use their account. It’s depressing.

Half the players they don’t know.. ‘nice one, 84 Rated CDM with 89 Pace!!’

Post edited by callaway92 on

• Advertisement

Might actually do that Fekir card. Doesn't completely suit a 5-3-2 but with a couple of upgrades it could be great.

Advertisement