Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Kroos selling for 24k......

Sold 20 of him for 15k earlier as I needed the money to buy Robbie Keane

FFS

Trading god over here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

They'll dip again during the week. Just the Fekir card and there isn't about to be a glut of SBCs to sustain the value...............I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Currently running the above in-game now. Dybala as the attacking, Tonali stay back, Vidal box-to-box.

I had some spare coins after the Weekend League and selling the likes of Coman and Kane who I've packed over the last few days but won't use, so decided to bring in RTTK Vidal and Tonali for gold Barella and gold Kessie respectively. Both of those will drop in price in the coming weeks, especially Tonali as AC Milan won't get through and he won't get an upgrade, but I've decided this year to just go ahead and use my coins on players I want rather than storing them for ages and ages. De Light will definitely get one upgrade, and maybe two.

Red Raphinha and Lozano are my blistering super subs off the bench. Pogba, Barella and Kessie also options depending on the situation.

I'm really pleased with this squad now and think it should remain competitive until around Christmas really.

In the meantime I might put all my efforts into saving up for Hero Di Natale as my next goal now.

Anything jump out as needing improvement or changing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The 532 is working like a dream tonight, running most of liverpools team, except for vvd, salah and mane, swapped out Lukaku for Werner up front with Vardy, Havertz as the attacking midfielder, 11 wins in a row, 5 of them quits at half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Got a hero's card but unfortunately it was Ricken. You can tell they're the same as icons with hidden boosts etc as he feels way more than his 85 rating. Holding out for Di Natale as I'm about 300-400k off him. Will mean a drastic change in my team but **** it, I ran riot with his card in 10,11,12,13.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Does the defensive depth option actually work? I have it set quite low (30 I think) but my whole defence are constantly caught at the half way line. Time after time in every single match I'm left chasing strikers that I can't catch.

I'm playing 4-4-2 and I just don't think it is working any more. At the moment any match that I lose by less than 6 goals is good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Rank III

78 Godoy

81 Wu Lei

81 Blake

86 Depay

81 Valencia

81 Garry Rodrigues

78 Lovric

84 Romero

decent picks I think!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I built a new team with IF Benzema, Vinicius, Valverde and a heap of players that were an upgrade on what I had.

They played like bronzes. Viniciuis turns like an absolute truck. Benzema just had to play a 10 yard pass out the wing to put someone clean through, and he knocks it the opposite direction I was aiming in and rolls it to the defender 3 yards away.

After 2 games of being absolutely awful, I went back to my original team and I've gone from not being able to create an attack to being 4-0 up after 15 mins. Diaby is super responsive and turns immediately, where as Vinicius would take these big emphasized touches and take 2 seconds to turn around, like he was on ice skates.

Definitely something weird. With the new team, it genuinely felt like all players had zero chemistry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I’ve just hit enough for Di Natale tonight… but now that I’m here, I’m thinking **** it, go an extra week and trade more to upgrade to Ginola instead. No idea how I’ll fit either of them into a squad tho

4 and 4 in WL. One of those sessions where it feels like every slice of luck possible goes for the opponent.

The below sums it up nicely. Nearly 9 expected goals. Hit the post 3 or 4 times. Only managed to win it in injury time 😅

• Advertisement

Do you mind me asking what you’re trading that’s still making you those coins? 😅

I don’t have the balance to follow you at the minute anyway, but everything I trade won’t off a cliff last Tuesday, golds, silvers, bronzes - the whole lot!

• Administrators Posts: 54,065 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

nothing but fodder in SB packs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I’d love Ginola too and he would instantly replace Coman as LAM.

i’m in 2 minds as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

This game is just ridiculous, won a match there 2-0, looked at the stats, he had 76 tackles to my 14 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

So when can I go above 1500 points without them being used for this weekend league ? Want to try and qualify for next weekend but don't know if it'll still count this wl since it's not finished.

Up to high div 4 now which rewards 200 points for a win. If they removed the cap on attempts per season it'd way better. Don't see the problem with it if they just made the playoff rewards redeemable once and then let people try as much as they want.

Made most of my coins at the start from French managers… start trading with those from 2.8k and now they’re all extinct. Now I’m on consumables - mostly position modifiers. Picked up a load yday + Friday evening when the promo released as everyone was spamming packs. Think I’ve easily made over 200k. Here’s a link to current prices: https://www.futwiz.com/en/consumables

21/24 points in qualifying. Didn’t enjoy those 8 games at all. A few I got absolutely battered in.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Actually still works but it has to be one of the 2 'live" friendlies.

Wish I hadn't bothered as pack was brutal and probably didn't even break even.

What silvers?.

I made 1000s yesterday or whenever that Fekir one went up.

I honestly don't understand it, but it was the same in FIFA21.

SBCs that have no requirement for silvers all of a sudden see a surge on certain (players like Robinson, McGoldrick wont rocket but will shift easier for the 300-400 profit) silver cards.

Same as 2021 I only buy silver Championship rares(Xbox too) and cards i spend 400-600 max, barely any over 500 tbh.

I was selling some cards yesterday for 2-3k each. It's mainly the English cards that skyrocket. These will have to be checked at the exact time. I will do a compare and put mine lower than anyones as you need to shift in the first few hours but theres never more than 4/5 of the sought cards and min might be 1.5 to 3k at this point.

It's so senseless though as they're 70 rated, while these guys could buy 83s for 800.

I'm not sure the logic, but anyway, I didnt have my transfer pile still stocked(I had 50 extra on Friday and kept selling for 350-400 profit) but still had 53 left after the rotation was wiped when the SBC went live,and I had a full club of silvers stocked waiting for this.

I bought VVD and went to 60k or so, managed to get KDB in the evening and im back to 130k after that again. So I made a few 100k yesterday given some cards sold for 2.5 to 4k.

Its low risk and they will always clear, though you have a small window to clear them so youd need to be active on the app and ready to list them up all immediately.

You did very well out of those French managers, fair play for getting in early on it!

Argentinian rare silvers are what I'm looking at at the minute. Didn't play in 21 but in 20 German and Argentinian silvers were what I made 90% of my coins with but they shifted far quicker then than they do now for whatever reason. Maybe I just haven't identified the correct players yet but I just can't seem to move any kind of consistent volume. I'm not holding out for any crazy profit or anything either, so not sure what's up! Hoping I figure it out soon otherwise too many players will have built squads far ahead of mine. There's a frightening amount of teams with the PSG front three out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Got rank 2 in WL. Lozano / Milinkovic-Savic / Elyounoussi from my 3 picks which is pretty dissapointing when picking out of 5 each time. Made decent coins off the packs though

Rank 3 in WL, gave away final three games.

Wu Lei & Raphinha red picks

TOTW Pack was trash: Elyounoussi, Wu Lei (again), and Godoy (78)

Jumbo Players Pack: Suarez who at least is worth 20k I guess after yesterday's SBC

Anyone know if Raphinha is good enough to replace Dembele as a super sub?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I can only presume it’s people putting silvers into SBC solutions online and people blindly buying accordingly.

I used to see it a Lot with Maguire over the last few years. Every night at 6, his price would double for an hour cause he was always going in to SBC solutions and people were too lazy to think up of alternatives?

Just managed to clinch WL qualifications in my final game.. up against a mad team with Varane, Hakimi, Neymar, Kante etc. I went 1-0 up inside 15 mins with Griezmann, lovely back heel goal and he rage quit. Nice and easy.

The sense of relief when that “you lost connection to your opponent…” message appears… :D

Was so relieved… my Reece James wouldn’t have stood a chance against Neymar for the full 90.

They'll surely have to patch corners. I'm literally on 1 bar for them and I'm being countered left, right and center. Late in game now, it's almost better just to play it short and walk it out of play rather than give up a counter with men flying forward and my entire team stuck up the pitch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’ve hit that brick wall now at Div 4, rank 3 where I’m losing five games for every one I win. It’s frustrating.

You're likely correct but it's still senseless. With McGuire he was one of the only 83 English CB last year.

To use Championship players you're using them off the nationality, so the English prem make as much sense and you're getting way more bang for buck.

Whatever it is anyway it's a consistent and easy route.

I can make 300-400 of the buys at any point and then when the SBC goes up I can make x3 to x5 my outlay per card for most of the English ones(and some random others).

• Advertisement

Into div 5 now and the volume of dickheads is definitely increasing. One lad took a pen with his keeper, then passed the ball around at the back for the last 20 mins of the game.

I can’t write on here how much I hate these people.

Advertisement