Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

After 6 attempts, I’ve finally got my first win. 1W1D4L for the night… enjoying the game though. The slow pace of the game is actually quite refreshing… encourages build-up rather than just spamming through balls / skills moves.

Came up against a surprising number of 200k+ squads too, one in particular had the likes of Coman, Lewa, Kante, Goretzka, Kimpembe etc.

Managed to pack an 83 Valverde from an untradeable 7.5k pack and he’s transformed my midfield.. next is to upgrade the defence as the fastest is my RB with 60 pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Just want to bump this to see if anyone has any suggestions? I updated my PSN on my EA account but still no luck. Assume I'm goosed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Swapped over to PS5 this year, so have no transfer market access on the App yet which is a killer.

Gameplay feels really different this year, still not quite got the hang of it yet.

On the plus side I decided to open 2 packs on the app before work this morning and out popped this guy... I guess I should hold until launch to sell him. That's all my luck for the year used up already. (And just so this doesn't influence people to go out and throw money at packs, I burned through a stupid number of packs yesterday with nothing special to show for it.)

Also my Conspiracy Theory continues from Fifa 21 Icon swaps/packs, another former United player because I selected Liverpool as my favourite team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Seems it is linked to your PSN ID. The below is from the EA forum:

The progress you made on your FIFA/FUT account is tied to your PSN ID. If you created a new PSN ID, you can't transfer progress from the other one.

An EA account should only have 1 PSN ID attached to it. If you created a new PSN ID, you'll have to create another EA account to link it up to.

To me that reads as if you should be fine once you update your PSN ID on your EA account though, but nothing is ever straightforward with EA!

Loaded in the 12,000 FIFA Points as per annual ritual!

Faired a lot worse this time around compared to previous years. In truth, Sancho was my only real pull of note. Plenty of decent starter options (Joao Felix etc) and a couple of low rated IF's to boost the coin balance but nothing that would cause you to say "wow".

That said, with the coins made from even discarding nonsense that I'll never use such as stadiums, manager leagues, chants etc it has given me a great head start.

I've gone the PL route, not the most efficient use of coins but it's the league I enjoy using players from the most. Team is currently:

Emi Martinez

Shaw - Godfrey - Sanchez - Ricardo

Saul - Sissoko - Foden

Jota - Richarlison - Sancho

Really struggling in terms of choosing a box to box midfielder and a defensive midfielder. I have Saul in that B2B CM and with a shadow he looks fairly well rounded, and hopefully Sissoko is his usual excellent starter option. Maybe I'll have to look at going hybrid in those areas?

Haven't played a game yet so after spending most of yesterday on the menus I think I'll dive straight into games tonight as that team should be capable enough anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Didn't buy any points, but got 40k coins just by playing Rivals for a few hours with the coin boosts. Got to Div 7 and got some decent untradeable rewards now from weekly Rivals

Current team is

Pope

Cash Konsa Hermoso Jordi Alba

Raphinha Fred Soler Tello

Richarlison Morales

With 20k coins left. Its definitely doable without buying Fifa points

BPM is also decent atm as people are doing the starter SBCs. Opened 3 or 4 last night and up 6k.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What way is Rivals working then?

Is it weekly rewards, but you get them when you cross "milestones", instead of having to wait till Thursday morning for them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Am I right in thinking that you only get 7 attempts a season to qualify for the weekend league?

So you have to get 1500 points, win 5 of the 9 games to qualify and if you don't get to 5 you can try again but you only get 7 attempts?

Looks like they're trying to make WL for the elite players only. I'm sure I'm going to struggle to qualify for this most weekends. I'm a G2 player last year pushing for G1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭piplip87

Fired up the wee fellas xbox one last night to give him a start. Built a fairly decent La Liga team, pulled a few decent players from the welcome backs.

Game play is much more PES like, you can play fast and counter as always but you can also slow it down and move it about.

I'd imagine the next gen version is another step up. Can't wait to get started on that.

• Advertisement

How long is a season though? I'd imagine there's only 8 or so WLs a season?

For anyone interested, Harry Maguire is once again a handy trading tool 😂 84 rated, but super slow, so he's only 2500 or so. Selling a few each cycle for 4000-4500.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Seasons last 6 weeks. However this first season lasts 7 weeks due to the early access a week before general release.

I've just booted up the last gen version there and played one game.

It's not the step up youd be expecting. They are very similar.

In regards to the 5 from 9, I dont think it's a big ask. You're being asked to go 5-4, the alternative if missing out by one game is 4-5 and you probably dont deserve to qualify for much with that anyway.

I suppose it really depends how often the tries resets. it gives the impression it's for the entire season which seems harsh as you could run out of attempts in a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Mate of mine just packed Mbappe in his starter packs - bloody hell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Anyone on Playstation that IF Dzeko is currently on the market at discard basically. 10.5k for an 85 rated IF from a decent league, I am buying as many as I can as that price will at least triple once the SBCs start coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Bought a good few Mkhitaryan cards last night when they were going for 3.5k a pop. Thought it looked a cracking card, 90 pace, 90 shooting with hunter and 5 *WF. He's dropped to 1.9k now but hopefully it picks up again. There's great value out there now if you've the coins for buying your starter team

Is the mobile app out today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I'm not a fan of the new rivals set up. In fifa 20 if you lost you'd still get some points towards the weekly rankings. Now if you lose or even draw, you might as well have not played since you get no progress towards rewards.

Seems odd that they recognized giving 1 point for a loss in champs was good but went the complete opposite with rivals.

Got a 79 rated in form, Sabitzer and Depay from objective packs. Think I'm going to try and build a cheap la liga team around Depay

Yeah, agree with the point about rivals. Makes it very sweaty… came up against one or two that started time wasting yday.

La Liga imo has a lot of good options for investing too… likes of Suarez, Aguero, Modric, Kroos all can be gotten for <10k each.. some others too like Diego Carlos are underpriced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah if you've got the coins you can make sure to set yourself up nicely down the line. I've a few prem players I've been buying for 700-850 and selling 1-2 a cycle for 1400 or so. Using the proceeds to stock up on as many underpriced players as i can. I packed Joe Gomez and Klosterman as well which put me in a great position.

Parejo, Jorginho, Thiago, Busquets are all going for nothing. I pick up a load of Tielemans for about 1.5k as well. 84 rated PL Player, he will be 10k+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

PS5, haven't done anything but open some packs last night. Can't use the transfer market on the web app yet, is there something I need to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I earned a couple of player packs from completing some objectives. I opened them tonight. I got Haaland and Smalling in the second one.

So put both in my team. Haaland scored 4 and Smalling was at fault for about 5 goals!

Very happy with Haaland. I assume that kind of luck isn't the norm.

I think the big strikers like Haaland, Lukaku and Immobile are gonna be great this year.

Vardy with 18 goals in 10 games for me so far. It’s so much fun having pacy strikers back against rare gold defenders, lol

• Administrators Posts: 54,059 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I bought 10 packs and got fcuk all.

played a squad battle, man this game sucks when playing with low rated players.

I think my only real option is buy more packs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

What formation are people going with? Haven't played since 20 and used 433(4) but after a few games it doesn't feel like the option it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I didn't realize that everyone starts at division 10 in rivals this year, so I'm hoping that's the reason I'm getting destroyed.

Switched to a formation with wingers as I find crossing to be the easiest way to score. Have Isak as my lone striker and he works well.

Does anyone know what's in the early access pack you get for completing the objectives they added today ?

People are saying last year it was an 80-84 pick + a TOTW 10 game load.. cba tho as it requires co-op wins.

• Administrators Posts: 54,059 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The goalkeepers this year are insane. Even average enough keepers pulling off world class saves.

• Advertisement

Yeah, one on ones aren’t gimmes to strikers anymore, which is interesting.

on the other hand, I’m finding when people pack their boxes, there’s waaaaay more wild deflection goals. Goalkeepers diving one way, ball bounces a bit and goes in the other direction. It’s been great against people packing their boxes (which baffles me when we are so quick into the games life span).

Advertisement