Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yes exactly, so set your various options for formation in the 4 slots and within there you can move the players around,

most peoples starting 11 isnt where they line up its just for chem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Is Bruno **** lads? His card is tanking big time on PS <90k right now. Wondering is it a permanent repricing of him or just one of those dips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lads can i play Champions playoffs today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Yep you can, you can play any day during the week apart from if you are competing in FUT Champs during the weekend (until you finish your 20 games).

Good thing about trying on Monday is there's plenty of time to build up another 1500 for another stab at it during the week if you fail to qualify (although be mindful there's a limit on the amount of entries you have per season).

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,067 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If you're someone who isn't going to get the 1500 points in the space of 3/4 days every week then I'd say play the qualifiers at the weekend when you aren't in the WL, since all the best players should be unavailable for qualifier games?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

What does the term "discard" mean in this context?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

team of the week cards can be quick sold for 9900 coins. So if you can get a card for round that price, if he turns out to be an awful investment, you can discard him vis quick sale to get most of your coins back. Makes it a very safe long term investment.

Did a rake of those player picks packs…..all trash 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

RTTK Isak for me out of the first two… next 5 were awful so I’ve stopped there. My club is dwindling quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,835 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So sick of my back line looking like this, half the goals I concede are due to one defender inexplicably playing everyone onside by 10 yards.

Took your advice @BrentMused, with a few variations:

5-1 in the playoffs and gave the last 3 away.

Again started 0-1 after conceding a last minute winner, but knuckled down and got it together. It was an Irish bloke with the St Pats jersey with a squad called Larkview who beat me if it was anyone on here? 🙂

There's no way ELO is in use for the playoffs and again I'm convinced matchmaking for same is completely random.

Getting a lot better at being patient in the final third and observing the movement of the attackers. I've always struggled with that and keeping an eye on the ball carrier at the same time so I'm really working on that.

Absolutely loving RTTK Vidal and RTTK Tonali. Vidal is the definition of a proper box-to-box midfielder and Tonali is a brilliant CDM. The advantage a CDM with good passing gives is so valuable. Tonali won't get an upgrade but Vidal has a shot at at least one so I'll be a big Inter fan for the next few weeks! 😅

On another note, I've given away about 12-15 wins in the last week or so and have received one message saying thanks. I know it's up to me if I want to do it, but come on, it takes 30 seconds to send a quick message to say thank you. 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

It's a bit crap not to say thanks. Literally takes a few seconds. I've actually turned on my messages again just I can message people who give away free wins.

Will Tonali convert to a Europa League card if they finish third in the group? Presume not, and there will be a RTTF promo again at some stage.

Looks like a very nice team now.

I've ripped up my team after the WL. Went 11-9, worst one I've ever had by a million miles. Dropped so many games where I had double or triple my opponents xG but they seemed to score every attack. Decided to plough all my money into the back line for a change.

Finally had a bit of luck and picked up Red Theo Hernandez from my rewards. Literally he's going for 10 times the most valuable player I've packed in the hundreds of packs I've opened so far. I thought I'd hate Lautaro Martinez, but he's scored 6 in 4 games so far. Not sure about Chucky Lozano. He doesn't feel responsive on the ball at all, and having a three star left foot is not ideal.

I'll upgrade Barella to IF Barella, Vidal or Tonali at some point. Might also go for IF Felipe Anderson instead of Chiesa. I would love to try out Diego Milito too, but he's 200K and I've no coins left.

In game looks like the above, but start with 4-3-2-1 on full chem.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Always send a heart emoji to people giving away wins. If only to encourage them to keep doing it long term.

What's the quickest way to send a message ?

I think hes decent. I sold Pogba again a few days ago as hes just too clunky and when you're getting constant button delay hes even worse.

Granted I used him as a CDM for a while but in the end he had like 8 goals and 3 assists in 60 odd games.

Bruno(while CAM mainly) had multiples of that.

The prices for most players on Xbox are dropping rapidly. I bought Werner for like 30 or 40k and sold him two week later for half of that.

At this stage most people are working towards the 200k+ players.

My next upgrade is Varane.

Apparently the Bruno price crash is related to the fekir sbc who knows though.

Nice man, that looks great and very similar to what I was running up to this week. Really balanced. Just watch out for Spinazzola as he is actually right footed, so if you get your full backs forward a lot he can let you down on the crossing. Theo Hernandez is amazing for me at LB if you're looking for your next upgrade 🙂

Have you tried it out yet?

I use the PS app on my phone and find it way quicker than using the console.

Unfortunately not. I believe once the Champions League group is done the potential for those RTTK cards to upgrade is done. Either way Tonali is still worth it IMO.

Agree on Lautaro. I was expecting that he wouldn't be all that great but I've had him since almost the beginning and have found him to be really effective. He just seems to be in the right place at the times for me and his shot power is excellent. He definitely outplays his stats.

You should try Insigne for Lozano. I really like him on the left.

I actually have Hernandez in my club, might try him.

I tried it out once and got pumped 4-0, but I was also messing a bit trying to figure out what each player can do. Also trying to learn a few of the basic skill moves. 4-0 makes it sound worse than it was, he scored 2 goals in the 1st 10 mins and 2 in the last 10 mins and in between I controlled the game.

• Advertisement

Hernandez is so, so good. He's easily a top 3 LB in the game aside from Icons.

Ah hold on, wrong Hernandez. I have the other brother, the one who plays for Bayern.

Thinking about selling Pogba too, only bought him half way through the WL but can’t figure out if I prefer gold Ndombele to him for his H/H workrate. I play him in the middle of a 5-3-2 but need those French Prem links!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

This is the exact decision I am trying to make. Do Fekir for "free" with some of the fodder I've invested in cheap. Or just buy Bruno for 80k and will at least get 30k or so back for him later in the game when he needs to be upgraded.

I'm going to wait until Friday anyway after Betis have played their next game to make a call on it. Good chance their last game could mean nothing as well so less likely of both upgrades.

Opinion on Pogba is really split this year but I don't like him at all.

In fairness I've only tried him sparingly, but he doesn't really suit my style of play.

I think if you're a skiller or someone who plays a more slower build up style and looks to utilize his passing and shots outside the box he's ideal, but for someone like me who plays a direct, fast, counter attacking style he's a bit too clunky.

If he was untradeable I'd sell him in a heartbeat.

Played 4 this morning, hammered in 2 and drew 2. Just can't pick up a win at the moment. Starting to come up against some serious teams too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Has anyone used Leon Goretzka? I’ve played against teams recently with him and he has been so hard to get around. And he seems to contribute in attack too.

I'm thinking he could finally replace Tielemans who had been in my team since week one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Not good enough to qualify for WL, got to the last spot before qualification, but didnt deserve to qualify, conceding goals from those ball deflections, jockey, press to win ball, deflects to striker who scores, doing everything "right" but it still deflects

Has anyone got anything decent from the 75+ player pick SBC?

I've done it 4 or 5 times and just got dross. Yet another Coates card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,835 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

First time failing qualification, literally nothing to play for in FIFA for an entire week now

Advertisement