Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

His unique body type and 90+ agility and balance is definitely the reason. Haven’t tried him myself but have heard he’s one of the better wingers this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jumbo rare player pack for winning 50 rivals games. Open the pack.

streamers.

fire.

Argentinian flag

Psg

RW

Di Maria

the snakey troll 😂 started celebrating so hard.

did get rttk diop and rttk gravenberch though. So the run of luck continues.

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Well that TOTW has made it easier for me to miss this weekends champs. Dreadful team altogether!!

Awful indeed, I've a Serie A team so not much value in that.

I'd take the Szczesny probably. Ilicic 73 pace striker, no thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,835 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Well the new Featured TOTW thing is a certified flop, that card has been out 20 minutes and he's already quicksell value, you can buy all 5 of them so far for under 80k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Yeah if Firmino wasn't in it I'd have no interest.

Leaving all my qualifier matches until tomorrow evening in the hope that more people will be giving away wins.

Market went mad today. Was watching rttk Isak, was 140k yesterday, went down to 100k, up to 120k, down to 70k, up to 95k and now he's 85k. Will probably pick him up for my placement matches tomorrow.

Going to throw all my low rated golds into the marquee matchups and player picks tonight to try and stock up on sbc fodder as doing De Ligt and Fekir left my club pretty empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Varane from the new Rare Mega Pack SBC, Nice means I can sell my tradable one

prob gonna pick up Son instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Got Van Dijk from that rare mega pack myself, not going to complain about that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I cant stop conceding goals where i win the ball clean but it deflects straight to another player who scores, just have 1 of those days, 3-0 up in last 2 games cruising, concede 1 and you just know whats coming, the ball starts ricocheting around the place like pinball and theres an absolute sh×tfest of goals

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bruno from a 75+ player pick so can sell the traceable one I bought last week, lol

Lukaku from the rare mega pack 🤣 What’s happened me. Need to do a lottery ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Bought Fifa 22 a week or two ago after paying zero attention to the build up of the game, first impressions are fairly good - nice that the matches are more realistic and pace isn't OP yet anyway.

Ultimate Team is very different to before hand, what is the story with rivals rewards? In previous years you got decent rewards even if you were down around Division 6/7, you were rewarded essentially for how often you played the game. This year it seems difficult to build up packs and coins as the rewards for rivals are fairly poor (one or two packs depending what you pick) - am I mistaken or is this just the new way it is?

Also what way does FUT Champions work? I see that there is now a playoff system. So once you rake up 1500 points to qualify you could still end up getting knocked out in the qualifiers? Are you able to play the qualifiers any day of the week or does it have to be Fri/Sat/Sun?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Jesus, that TOTW is horrific. Absolutely brutal.

EA have done those lads a favour by banning them from this week's FUT Champs!

Szczesny is literally the only one who would make my team.

He'd be a nice addition actually as I have been running with his regular gold card from the beginning which is excellent.

Was surprised Haaland/Lewandowski weren’t in it as they bagged a brace each iirc. Could be a sign that they’re in RTTK team 2 tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,835 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The bizarre part of it is that they introduced the Featured TOTW system this year that would give a double boost to a TOTW player whose base card is <80 rated, and then gave it to a useless RB when both of these lads are in the TOTW and would have made for perfect choices:

Bellingham is literally the player they used in their marketing to explain the new system and all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Was leaking goals so brought in Koulibally and De Light. Very nice players and with the team I can fit in Di Natale when I buy him. Few duplicates with my trade pile full so throw them onto 75*.

Bloody rttf Sane walks out meaning I have to change my whole team again. But he’s damn rapid. Feels way faster than Dembele.

Tried to do that mega pack SBC using futbin but the belgian players on the transfer market are going nuts right now. Will try again tomorrow.

I’m up to 1.4m this week and thought I was 400k away from Ginola… check his price and he’s gone up to 2m now. Think I might get Di Natale too just to have him for WL, or just hold my entry til next weekend for Ginola.

• Advertisement

could be why they made it such a crap totw. I wouldn't put anything past EA.

its very easy with spanish players to complete.

Had to apologise to a lad there, battered me but his players with 90+ passing attributes couldnt pass 5 yards for the majority of the match, i won 2-1 but should have been beat 10-2, nice to get the "luck" after today though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Not really sure how you're supposed to get top players this year. 99% of players are going down in price whilst the top few go up. 100k a week from WL isn't going to bridge the gap

What do you prioritise when selecting rivals rewards?

eg I have 3 options

1- small rare gold player pack, prime electrum pack, 400 points. Packs tradeable l

2 - 2 small rare gold player pack, 2 gold player pack, top points . Packs untradeable

3 - rare electrum pack, small prime gold pack, 400 points, 1000 coins. Electrum pack untradeable?

I guess it’s comes down to whether you want better packs that are untradeable right?

what do people usually go for?

Holy ****… didn’t see this coming. Rare mega pack from the SBC so it’s untradeable, but I’ll take it anyway. I’m a Liverpool fan too, so that’s fuel to the “always packing good cards from rival teams” theory. (Not sure why it’s sideways).

Not to make a liar out of me about Pogba, I would rather have Bruno there but I made some changes and needed his chem so repurchased this evening.

I was using Ederson, Gomez(Varana next) and Cancelo and I've had an untraceable Hakimi in my club for over a week so it seemed silly not just get Kimpembe and Lloris so I could get him in. Improved my CB as well.

I got that Barella as an untradeable as well early and once I packed Di Natale it gave an option to get both in, otherwise I'd have got Ronaldo with that money(Prem has no CDM as good as Barella bar Kante so it's better trade off money wise for now).

Use Sarr up front and hes pretty good even without a shooting boost, Barella CDM.

I've just hit D1 now. Hit a X3 streak in last section of D2 so skipped the 4th win to D1.

The only division I got stuck in was D3 R2, it took me nearly 30 games to pass that part but I was playing lads who all had Ronaldo, Messi etc while I had 20k players. After a week or so it evened out more.

Hopefully I hit elite by next Thursday to get the extra picks as itll reset at the end of the season so may only get two weeks of it.

Got up to D4 finally in Rivals, now the real slog begins.

Have definitely changed my style of play this past week or so, trying to be more patient and it seems to be working. Secret is to avoid getting frustrated I think, easier said than done cause sometimes I want to throw the controller out the window.

Also trying to learn a few of the basic skill moves (I didn't know any until a few days ago!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

On the Rivals rewards I've been going with the max coins + untradeables option as nearly every card on the game is selling at discard price. Seems unlikely you'll make more off the tradeable packs

This is decent for skill moves, they're way less important this year so knowing 2 or 3 would be enough I'd say

• Advertisement

I got to Div 4 rank 1 rivals, and all that is showing up in my rewards is 2 packs plus some coins, i taught i'd get more then that surely? I took option 1, 2 tradeable packs and 12k in coins

Advertisement