Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Options

Comments

They are generally better and in some cases too good. And that's speaking from using an 80 goalies perspective.

However I did concede a goal yesterday where my goalie completely went to one side of the goal and when he shot from outside the box into the other corner he couldn't save it.

I watched the replay after and it was pretty dire stuff. The only reason I watched it was because my goalie seemed to dive forward which looked odd and then I saw he had moved to one side of the goal before the shot.

They'll need to patch the long pass as it's not working properly. Basically the power bar could be completely ignored and a terrible pass given.

An example being if you had the CB and wanted to lob it wide to the winger, if the wing back is there too you can end up hitting a 5 yard scoop kick to him when you powered up for 30 yards.

The way they hit the 5 yard passes is annoying too in that it's like they poke the ball from a straight angle and it's not a strike through.

If anyone is trying to clip cross field balls and has an extra player between the target they'll soon see this happening. Has happened with my CBs a few times.

Just seems to be broken really as if the power bar wasnt ignored it wouldn't go 5 yards.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea one on ones are harder but also noticing that they will catch the ball more from powered shots rather than palming it. Like some crazy catches, ball flying into top corner and keeper will jump and save with two hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Have built a 84 rated La liga team for about 30,000 coins. I must say having a CM set to get forward with good shooting is a must this year. I have Pajero he has 7 goals in 5 games, all from possession play in the attacking third.

Picked up Agureo and Benzema for feck all.

Such a pity its on the wee fellas xbox and I'll have to start from scratch on Stadia during the week. Will be left with a 79 rated team on that

Does anyone else have an issue where the companion app thinks you haven't preordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Yes, I'm getting that too. I suspect it has something to do with the fact I've never played FIFA on Playstation so there is no history there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

So when is the best time to sell players like Cancelo, Sane, Klosterman, Rudiger and Winjaldum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Unless you want to trade with the coins you'd get for them now, keep until the pre-orders become active next week.

Meta players will fly up in price once the game comes out properly.

Now is the best possible time to buy players as they are so cheap.

Is it worth going with a defender like Pique? He is slow but lots of other qualities.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Might have to sell them to buy others. You reckon Lacroix and Mbabu will go up when the game comes out?

They seem like they will be very popular.

In some ways it may be more difficult this year to use slow defenders.

The through balls work in a way now that in a lot of instances you cant defend them. Its a bit frustrating as you concede chances that you are periless to prevent.

It's kind of hard to explain, but the way they work now, before you can even switch player the guys in on goal and it can come from all different and new angles.

So if you cant chase them then you're in trouble.

The counter to that is no goal is a gimme as shots and saves are more unique and crosses are effective so he would help more in that regard(I still see people trying to pass it into the goal but they'll soon learn to just dink it in).

Personally anyway I wouldn't be using any slow CBs.

• Advertisement

I noticed this too, forwards are very good at running off the shoulder which means CBs get turned really easy and even a straight ball up through the middle can result in a one on one.

It's a similar situation to a goal I described a few days ago. I played a through ball near the box too early but my player got around and to the ball.

In previous years if your defender was in front the attacker would rarely get around him.

I've had numerous chances conceded where they hit a ball and before I could even switch over they were in on goal.

Being a good defender only gets you so far right now.

These were from positions and situations where there was no immediate danger, not like a CAM running at your back 4.

I'll have to start playing it down the middle, I just have a tendency to play the percentage and let it wide to the winger in those situations. It's hard to commit to a pass that in previous years would be turned over 99% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I just packed Mbappe....... He is trading for a million plus, what to do ? keep him or sell... anybody got any tips on what to do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Its a tricky one, his value will probably peak on launch. So the logic would be to hold until then and sell. But the complication is he is going to be the first POTM SBC so depending on the position that could impact his price.

Personally I'd use him, he is probably the best striker in the game and you have him from day 0.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Depends on you, tbh.

id personally use him for a laugh for a bit. While his price might go up or down, so will everything else. Don’t worry about coinage on players like that, unless you want to sell and buy a more balanced super team

17 games in, and yet to keep a clean sheet….

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

For some reason I still don't have access to the Web or Companion apps, anybody else on PS5 have access?

I'm assuming it's because switching console is treating my account like a new user or something :/

That's what I think. I'm having the same issue.

They definitely will IMO, Lacroix especially. He'll rocket up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

5 hours into the 10 hour trial and easiest decision ever to pass on this game.

ea have this amazing ability to make you wish what you thought was rubbish last year was still there.

the game gets progressively worse year on year.

I thought last years rivals and fut champions was bad until I seen this years.

zero progression in rivals unless you win, at least last year if you were a couple down you could still score a try notch up some points, and I thought the reduction of weekend league to 20 was a positive step until I seen you have to requalify every single week.

I like to switch off during the week, not be sweating out trying to get 5-4.

last year if you played fut champs at least you were guaranteed rank 2 in rivals. This year, after you’ve played 29 weekend league games, you’ve then to start on rivals, of which you could play 3 games and make no progress.

That’s not to mention then any objective players you might want and have to play friendlies or squad battles for.

and don’t dare try any of the above without either spending time trading or spending money on fifa points.

just want to play some games of football like, but fifa these days is a part time job.

fifa 21 for the foreseeable it is.

• Advertisement

been Playing a bit of seasons to try just play games and I’m really struggling with this. I don’t know if it’s cause it’s early days and everyone is still in the wrong division but I’m in division 8 and getting battered every game, in 21 I was in div 2/3!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I’m still in div 10 after 8 games and I was a div 1 player in FIFA 21.. should start to climb on full release I reckon. Early access is full of a lot of the ‘hardcore’ FIFA players.

Played my first two Rivals games tonight. Two victories. The first one was close but in the second Haaland got an early hat-trick and my opponent quit immediately. I hate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Scored in 10 rivals games for an 82+ player pack.. got IF Vinicius! Links to the Valverde/Alaba I packed too. Reckon I’ll try out the 4321. Marcos Alonso and Hugo Mallo have been absolute warriors in my defence but it’s time to regretfully upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Anyone else suffering from speed up lag? Getting it now and again. Never had a problem with Fifa21.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Nah in fairness the more I've played, the more goals there have been in games. Keepers are a joke though, save far too much.

Huge issue for me on wireless, but no issue at all when I go wired.

FIFA 21 was perfect until around the turn of the year, then it became unplayable on wireless for me. They added a "report connection quality" option post-match around that time so I don't think it was a coincidence. It was fine then towards the end of the game cycle.

FIFA 22 has started with the speed up lag from minute one for me, but again fine as soon as I go wired. It's just a pain dragging a cable about 30 feet into the sitting room every time I want to play!

Anyone have any good custom tactics or setups they're liking so far this year?

Early days so I don't feel NealGuides' usual setups are having the desired effect as he understandably hasn't had enough time with it yet, and my usual 4-2-3-1 from previous years doesn't seem great either.

Bought myself Kane, Fabinho and Sancho today, to boost the team up a bit. Also have 100 items in my TP now too, including some IFs.

I'm actually enjoying the game play over all. I like there's way less ability to glitch through players with skill (though I'm seeing proper use of skills rewarded). I'm in Div 8 at the moment, but can't string together two consecutive wins to get up out of it. But I feel like the gameplay is playing to my "strenghts"; slower but more direct passing styles.

I'm enjoying it while it lasts, cause I'm sure it will revert back to the old way soon enough. 😓

• Advertisement

It's absolutely hilarious seeing all the streamers and pros whinging about how bad the gameplay is because it's "too slow" and they can no longer string 74 skill moves together.

"The skill gap should be where gamers are good at: crazy fast finger movements...." according to one prominent pro/streamer! 🙈

At the moment, we have a game that resembles something like an actual football match. Passing, slower build up, big strikers such as Lukaku and Haaland finally being usable.

I have no doubt that EA will rush to pacify these lads as soon as they release their first patch so maybe we should enjoy it while it lasts, but the crying from the streamers and pros at the moment is glorious 😂

Advertisement