Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I feel like the community is getting more and more toxic. Quite a few games are going the same way - opponent is winning with 30 mind to play and they start playing it around at the back.

Yesterday in a Silver Friendly match, the opponent took an early lead in the first half and started playing it between his defense and keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Loving that Politano RTTK card.

He has 17 goals and 13 assists for me in 30 Rivals games across the upper end of divison 3 and most recently division 2.

He has a great shot at at least one upgrade too.

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

2-2 in qualifiers. Would be 3-1 but I had about 5 one on ones pulled back for miniscule offsides. Probably won't qualify again unless I encounter one of these mythical free wins.

There's an English Liverpool record breaker with 90 pace on the loading screen. Hope it's Milner or Henderson but it'll probably be Trent.

Just finished my qualifier round, hopeless again. 2 wins. Ended up giving the last 2 away when it was impossible to qualify.

Pretty frustrating. The gap is starting to really widen between those who can make it into WL and pick up the rewards and the more average players like myself!

There is also absolutely no way you get matched against people on a similar streak to you. I got absolutely mangled in a few games by people who were miles better than me but also had really strong teams, no way those players were on losing streaks.

the 4-2-3-1 is definitely not working for me, going to go back to the drawing board with my team.

• Advertisement

I've got 1 free win in total, and it came when it was already impossible for me to qualify.

Seen people talk about getting 2 or 3 in one run, I can only dream!

I play him as a RF on 10 chem. I'm running a Serie A side so he fits in perfectly.

I've used 4-2-3-1 for years but had to change it early doors this edition as I've found it's nowhere near as good as what it once was.

I really struggled to create chances with it and often found myself with no options in the final third.

I changed to FIFA Analyst's 4-3-2-1 and now I'm D2, rank 2, and have qualified for WL 3 times in a row with records of 5-1, 5-1, and 5-2.

It is the type of formation that may become more redundant as the power creep takes hold and I find players that are switched on can absolutely destroy it on the counter, but going forward it's excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

I played my qualifiers for this week last Sunday when I'd finished my finals matches and it was much handier. Didn't get any 'free wins' now but some of the better players would still have been playing their finals matches so matchmaking was kinder. Think I got to 5-1 or 5-2 before giving the rest away.

I have Politano and play him in a RW and he's ok, I think I need to move him somewhere else. Thinking of moving from Serie A, maybe having a hybrid team as I feel there's a bit of a ceiling with the ITA1 players.

Yeah, it's definitely a league that is excellent for starter teams but will need to be a hybrid sooner rather than later.

That said, there's RTTK cards such as Vidal and de Ligt which should get upgraded and be very usable for a while, also RTTK Tonali who will hold his own for a few months yet, plus IF Barella, IF Szczesny, RTTK Politano, gold Theo Hernandez, gold Koulibaly.

Then you've got the Hero cards in Di Natale and Cordoba for the big upgrades too.

I think it's okay for a while yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Was struggling big time to win in qualifying and only 1 win with 4 games left. Decided to switch to Auzio's 4321 tactics and holy crap it made a huge difference. Ended up completely overpowering my next 3 opponents but failed in the last match to qualify thanks to the missus and young fella annoying me during the game. I can't focus when someone is nattering around me :)

This is me currently, what would you upgrade first? Agree on the difficulty in creating chances in this formation, I find that Martinez is getting swamped

I have about 100k in coins, I could upgrade Sandro to Hernandez for ~50k. RTTK Vidal is ~90k, could replace Barella (IF Barella is outside of budget).

Completely agree with this, I'll only play when herself isn't in the same room as I need the quiet to focus! 😅😂

Are you lining up like that pre-game? If so, you're not doing yourself any favours with chemistry with the likes of Navas.

Your team is more than capable and I have a lot of the same players.

I'd suggest maybe having a look at changing to a 4-3-2-1 first as opposed to changing the team around as this should help with chance creation.

Hernandez and RTTK Tonali for Sandro and Casimero would be big upgrades mind!

No pre-game I line up in a 4-1-4-1 so chem is 96.

Is this the 4-3-2-1 you were talking about?

The BEST FIFA 22 formation & custom tactics.. - YouTube

RTTK Vidal is 55-65k depending on what console you're on and I find him really good.

If your RTTK Navas is tradeable you could sell him to free up some more coins and see where the market is after a load of packs are opened at 6 today for the start of the new promo.

Players are still dropping like mad. The Saudi Hero I sold for around 100k a few weeks ago is now 24k. Pogba, Fernandes and Rashford have all dropped in the last week and it seems like Llorente, De Jong and Mendy are dropping this week.

Yea Navas is tradeable. I'd say worth maybe 120k on PS5?

Ah sure feck it, listed him there.

I would definitely use him to fund upgrades elsewhere mate.

Gold Cuadrado would do a similar job for about a 20th of the price.

There's rumours of a Kessie CB card coming in Rulebreakers so purchasing RTTK Vidal and/or Tonali and Theo Hernandez may be worth doing now if you want them as I would expect their price to jump if that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I don't use it myself but gotta say that playing against 4231 this year is awful. Every time I play a dull, grindy game I check the opposing formation and its inevitably 4231. Seems to make the game really really tight and scrappy, like last year's 532.

Much rather go guns blazing and see who can score more.

Using 41212 narrow and 442 if that isn't working and doing fairly well.

I also have an IF Firmino I could offload for about 50k unless you can think of a reason to keep that?

Basic questions these, feel like I haven't yet grasped the market in this game.

If it was me I would sell Navas and Firmino to get RTTK Vidal, RTTK Tonali and gold Theo Hernandez.

I feel that would definitely upgrade your team, especially as Navas doesn't really fit your squad and is not good enough to change it around for and you don't use Firmino.

That's just me though, I know some would hold those cards a bit longer but I'm the type who sells expensive cards I won't use as soon as I can identify an upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

Rivals rewards are crap, Squad battles rewards seem much better if you can get to Gold 1.

4321 and 41212 narrow seem to be working really well for me. The 4321 attacking formation when needing a goal goes to a 316 basically and with constant pressure to try and stop a counter normally works to get a goal.

SBs are such a chore to play though, the AI at World Class level and above is just boringly accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Was just watching fifa clips online during lunch break, they just show this game has evolved over the years, years ago, it seems if i got beat by somebody using a skill move to score, i was was like woah, fair play, now players are spamming skills from kick off, with no opposition player around them, and they are using the step over, drag back, just for the sake of it.

And yes i am jealous of them 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

I am playing cheapskate FIFA thus year though. Playing on Stadia and there was a match making bug for a week or so, so I had plenty of SB games and agreed there are boring as he'll but did the 100 finesse goals, and 500 goal objectives in a few hours on amateur lol

Finally managed to qualify for the wl finals. Ended up going 5-2 and gave away the last two wins.

Have 60k coins so I'll probably buy Goretzka and sell him again after I'm done.

Hoping to get to 8 wins but don't really mind if I finish less than that.

That's the beauty of WL this year.

Once you're in, it's completely stress free as even 4 wins gets you the same rewards as 14 last year!

A lot of people report that the games are much easier in WL than the playoffs but I've found the opposite and have received very few of these free wins that you'd be forgiven for thinking are handed out like candy on Halloween.

Still, 8 wins is very achievable.

@BrentMused is it worth spending ~30k to get IF Szcezney over gold ?

Basically 30k to go from 87-88.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Nah, I have both and there's no real difference between the two.

Save your coins.

• Advertisement

This is me now so:

Advertisement