Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,172 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I am pretty sure your opponents players / tactics impact your own team.

Like for example Kante, your players passing will be noticeably worse around Kante. It's not that he's just an amazing interceptor, the game also nerfs your player around him. Same with players not making certain runs. When defending against high cards like Messi etc you are more likely to just bounce the ball back to him cause that's how the game works.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

These moments are what we play the game for 😂. Honestly, i would take a 90th minute equaliser against a clown like that over a win anyday. I remember those kind of games far more than i do the easy wins. In champs last weekend, theisguy went 4-0 up after 30mins, paused it, sent me a message 'LOL JUST QUIT'. I didn't of course. He paused twice more for the full time without making subs. I got it back to 4-4 by the 70th min. he then gave away a penalty and tried to pause it straight away to quit. I missed the penalty and he quit anyway so it ended 4-4 but i enjoyed that draw far more than my 12 wins that weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Maybe but i think we all know when we play a person better then us, similar to us or not better then us and when the tactics work to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Friendlies is skill-based matchmaking so you come up against players who are in the same division as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Anyone got any thoughts on good investments during Black Friday?

IF's are so low but seems like there's way too much supply with lots of people getting the TOTW packs each Weekend League which were restricted to a relative handful of top players last year, as they are taking ages to rise.

I see 90 OVR Neuer, Kane and Ter Stegen are hovering around that 46k mark now and all 3 hit 53k over the last few days.

Have we already seen the Black Friday crash because if they drop even further towards that 40k mark over the weekend they'd be a no-brainer investment surely?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Another left mid for the silver player!! 🤬

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oooh, all my IF Chilwells starting to sell. Guessing the news he's possibly out for the season means hi IF is basically the best version of him thats going to be available.

That 84 Mings is going to be a nice investment this week :D

Anybody know how long it takes one to watch cards to upgrade, Malen is due an upgrade for 5 wins and i see Berghuis is in the TOTW, pretty sure that gets him an upgrade to

How much profit are you making on those man?

I know you are heavy into IF's 🙂

Ah, I had always assumed otherwise. You learn something knew every day so, cheers.

• Advertisement

The portugese objective players are great fun to use, might ditch the dutch lads and build a team with them, Rafa 95 pace, Uribe, Inacio, Soares all excellant cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Malen is up to 83 now. Altho in my squad he is still showing as 80 but when you press R3 on him it changes to 83.

Yeah i just seen that now, up to 83, still waiting on Berghuis, think he goes to 84

Is OTW locatelli due any upgrades?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

If Juve win one more match in the next three league encounters he goes to 86.

5k a card. Had ten, and six have sold tonight :)

pretty much going for 5k profit on every card I can. Have 90 IFs in my pile, all listed at 5k profit.

Do any of yous ever play friendlies against each other?

94 Messi and 91 Kante TOTWs.

I have untradeable OTW Malen and RTTK Gravenbach, who are getting bumped up to 83 and 86 respectively.

Only got two more wins needed to finish the Dutch league milestones too so very tempted to build a Dutch team for a laugh.

Flew through the friendly games for uribe, refreshing to see my players playing to the tactics, LM and RM free roaming inside to join the striker, full backs overlapping, goals everywhere, ah good while it lasted, back to rivals

• Advertisement

I ditched the dutch apart from Bergkamp, finding the portugese a lot of fun, i'll invest in them apart from Bruno and Ronaldo, not good enough to wear my liverpool kit 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Took me 22 games this weekend to get 6 wins…. Absolutely despise the new system now. I was coming up against god squad after god squad and my players could barely string two passes together. Lost count of how many times I’ve quit games/dropped a 2-0 lead. Lost my last 10 back to back trying to get the final win for 7 but I’ve just given up. No matter what I did, I wasn’t scoring and I was raging even more as the games went on. Easily the worst week I’ve had playing FIFA.

Trying to get tickets for Garth and about to open my 2 pack rival rewards, which of them will deliver the most disappointing outcome 😄

Edit: took option 2, TOTW Felipe 86ovr, Blanco 81ovr, TOTW Faivre 81ovr, all untradeable

Any thoughts on going all in on 83's and 84's at 1.5k and 3.3k respectively ahead of the Black Friday SBC's and that guaranteed TOTW pack which will have the "Best Of" players included?

With the upcoming Black Friday stuff, is it better to go for tradeable or untradeable rewards today?

Ended up going option 3.

Nothing of any value.

I always go option 3 - more packs the better. Untradeables will come in handy for sbc's anyway. I will wait to open the packs until 6pm tomorrow when the new promo starts, not that it will make much difference but hey.

Lads how many packs do ye get for rival rewards, i have only ever got 2 with x amount of coins

Yeah for me on option 3 its 1 Jumbo Rare players untradeable and 1 Rare players tradeable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Took option 2 this time and got 27.5k coins, untradeable Suarez, Rodri, Gnabry and two discard IFs.

Pretty happy with it for a change, some great SBC fodder there. I see no point in going for tradeable rewards anymore with the market so low, everyone bar about 15-20 cards is at fodder value (relative to their rating when you go above 83s).

The bigger issue I have is my rotten luck with Icon and Hero SBCs. I have enough to do another Icon one now but I’m very hesitant after getting Trezeguet the first time, he literally isn’t even on my bench. It’s not like I’m expecting Pele or anything, but even someone like Van der Sar or Campbell would be really useful to me.

Ended up making about 750k over the past few days by silver flipping, e.g. buying silver commons on bids for 150/200 and selling BIN for 400/450.

It's heavy, heavy going and extremely time-consuming so not something I think I'd be doing again in a hurry.

To be honest, I can see myself heading close to the way I was with the game last year - constantly on the phone app if I'm not on the console, and the game just consumes you by making you think that if you're not doing something every second of the day that you're going to be left behind.

Herself got on to me yesterday because for the last few days I've been like a zombie, constantly on the phone app and even watching TV I'll still have my phone in my hand.

At this point with even meta golds so cheap the only thing that is going to really improve me is a top tier icon in that 1.5m-2m plus range and I've packed literally nothing of note all year. Being honest, I'm getting a bit sick of how unrewarding the game is for the amount of time you have to put into it. I've qualified for WL and hit rank 3 every week, as well as 7 Rivals wins for 2 x rare players packs and literally never had anything close to a usable red pick or anything other than discards in the TOTW packs.

So I've invested everything I have (over a million) into fodder for Black Friday in the hope that I can hit that sort of coin balance to get a Maradona type top tier icon.

I've invested in:

83's from good leagues and/or nations such as Matip, Jesus, Asenjo, Lemar at an average of 1.5k per card.

84's from good leagues and nations such as Grealish, Luis Alberto, Barella, Fernando at an average of 3.3k per card.

Some 86's from good leagues and nations such as Bernardo Silva, Alba, Chellini at an average of 14.5k per card.

My thoughts on the 83's is that people will continue to spin the wheel for the TOTW upgrade in the hope of pulling one of the Best Of TOTW cards, so regardless of a lot of supply the 83's so keep seeing demand because of it as people will do it over and over again, but I may well have already missed the boat.

We'll see how it goes 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Sold all my IF Dzekos that I had been holding since week 1 for a 5k profit each. Up to 430k now, was going to sell my otw Malen and Sabitzer but they dropped so I'll hold onto them.

Haven't had the time for WL since season 2 started so just been chipping away at rivals and the foundations players.

Hoping Icon Swaps comes soon as I don't want to invest in my team before that happens.

I decided to hold all my good packs since there's no promo. I got a duplicate rare gold from an objective so did one 81+ 2 player pack and got Salah 😁 He's fodder since i have the POTM but still good to have.

Handy tip for anyone with bronze rares in your club that you're not using. All the icon sbc's give you a tradeable 2 rare gold pack for 11 rare bronzes (50 chem). Usually you have to submit 11 common golds to get that same pack (untradeable) through the gold upgrade. A few extra packs for the promo tomorrow can't hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Who is the most expensive silver in the game? I remember back in 12 or 13 there was a Brazilian - Maikon Leite who went for over 1 million coins!

Is there anyone like that these days?

• Advertisement

I'm not usually one for giving out about the gameplay on here, but bloody hell, they've absolutely destroyed what was a really, really good game lately.

So many goals I concede now are from ridiculous deflections after timing my tackles perfectly or positioning my defender perfectly to intercept.

All they had to do from day one was fix the effectiveness of finesse shots, reduce how OP the keepers were, tweak the driven passes and sort out the player switching. That was literally it.

What a mess, but I shouldn't be surprised. It happens every year. The game plays really well until patch one or two and then becomes unrecognizable come November.

Scraped over the line 5-3 in qualifiers. Gameplay is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Had two friendlies there and they turned out worse than rivals games. Celebrating like mad and passing around the back for the last 20 minutes when he was winning 3-2. Why would you bother.

Just got TOTW Suarez in the No Rules SBC pack. Is that best of team of the week? Didn’t know that was out yet!

Was trying to buy some players before 6.

I had 79 cards listed..every single one sold. I probably lost out on a lot there considering not a single card was left.

Just on the game.

When they cant even do something as simple as change the pause pending box, you know they don't really care about improving the gameplay.

How we are here, years later with that needless box that blocks the pitch and not a hope they'll remove it(on CoOp it can block a good portion of the match).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Avon8

Il cover the full sweep and say that drafts seems to attract every kind of sad individual imaginable. Celebrations last much longer so priicks play the full animation to try and induce rage quits. Every player generally has very pacy top forwards so play on 0 depth and spam through balls. Generally the connection seems even slower than normal is another off putter, on my part anyway

• Advertisement

Looking at what other cards are due upgrades, just noticed Bernardo Silva is getting a +2 bump. Easily been my favourite card this year, so absolutely thrilled with that.

Fred getting a +1, and would get another +1 if we beat Young Boys at Old Trafford.

Selling up a load of cards in my club at the moment. Silvers from top leagues and the Copa cards. Have 230k in the bank. Might sell off a chunk of my IFs and grab Ronaldo for a nice chunky upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Team rejig time

A)

Or B)

Question is mbappe better than Neymar messi and sif vini combined

Post edited by Cyrus on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

To add playing 4321

Played 1 game last night, it was like there was 20 barry allens on the pitch, i left at HT, getting more and more less interested every day, i like the squad building part of it, just a shame i need to play the matches

Is it 4pm today when all the Black Friday content drops?

Anyone grinding the League SBC'S this year?

The PL and Bundesliga ones especially look pretty easy/straightforward and give Rare Players Packs.

I also have about 300 EFL Championship players so debating whether to sell them or throw them into their League SBC.

I'd probably get a shed load of packs with that amount of players, although I know they'd be untradeable.

I played 3 rivals games after qualifying last night and won all 3, 2 were rage quits!! Why is there such a difference in gameplay between the different modes. I've seen a lot of you complaining about tactics not doing what you ask in one mode and working perfect in another.

Anyhoo, looks like I've over 30 packs collected since last week, I'll do MMs to add a few tradeable ones to the pot for later.

How do you find Verratti? I've had him a while and there's something I can't put my finger on that I just want to replace him all the time. Maybe it's his pace.

I really want that BTOTW Hernandez.

• Advertisement
Advertisement