Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Got Pogba (for the 2nd time this year) and Benzema from MM. Not too bad. I’ll keep Pogba as he was gonna be bought for my next team anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Pogba will drive you nuts. Of all the players for EA to capture so realistically it had to be Pogba.

one match I’m loving him and the next match i threaten to dump him into an sbc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Don’t know how to rotate photos, but it’s comfortably my best pull. Got it from the jumbo pack for 50 rivals wins.

Even as each part of the card was being revealed with the walkout fireworks, in my head I was still like “I don’t pack these players this will still somehow turnout to be a Di Maria like troll somehow from EA” 😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

This Reece Oxford objective better be worth it, the rubbish i have to go through is just not right, tactics just not working, play WL and Rivals, they are perfect, this yolk, the players are bambi on ice, and thats before the guys i play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

4-1 to start WL and taking a break now for the United vs City game.

One disappointing thing I've increasingly noticed is opponents either 1) kicking the ball out of play and quitting or 2) pretending they're going to score an OG before doing the aforementioned, rather than giving a free win.

I'm not surprised given how toxic and horrible the FIFA community is, but for the first few weeks it was great people helping each other out and all it does is discourage others from doing it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Seen on Twitter that EA have changed the requirements for Managerial Masterpiece and you now can’t have any players below 74 rated - guess I’ll have to remove my 47 rated bronze players from my bench now, lol

Yup, that was my exact feeling the first time I tried him out last month. Sold at the time for 130k, now he’s only 35k and a super sub for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

5-5 in wl.

The more I play the less I'm liking this game. Same thing every year, first few weeks are great then the community/some youtuber finds the most broken mechanic and everyone sets up their team for that. Every single person I've played has had Dembele on the wing and just mindlessly sprinting at the byline before smashing it across goal for a tap in while my defenders and goalkeeper just watch it bobble across their laces.

Some highlights so far:.

Guy overhits a lobbed through ball by so much that it's well into my box, Neuer doesn't come for it so I head it back towards him with my defender yet he STILL doesn't come for it giving Dembele a tap in from 3 yards.

I paused the game but it didn't pause for my opponent, so he was playing on while I was making subs. When the pause timer hit 0 it still didn't unpause me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

8-2 in WL.

Didn't have the time or interest to push for 12 so just gave the rest of the way.

Kjaer and 4 81's in the reds.

Koke the best of the Jumbo Rare Players Pack.

Correa and 2 discards from the TOTW pack.

What is the point? I've never played a game series as unrewarding relative to the amount of time you have to put into it compared to FIFA. A complete and utter waste of time every single weekend.

Every single game is Fekir spinning on the edge of the box a hundred times.

No content of any note out for ages either. They will need to release Icon Swaps or something of interest soon because I'm getting bored of things quite quickly.

5-2 now. Last game went to ET where I conceded in the 120th min where my keeper palmed his header straight back to the player and he tapped into an empty net. Finished 3-2 and all 3 of his goals were headers ffs. 2 from corners.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The hell is with all the Ronaldos in here today, that’s awesome. I’m jealous 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Nice one! Got the same reward today and the best pull was Handanovic 😖

2 wins 4 finesse goals left for Oxford objective, dear god let this end soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Ended up missing out on Rank 2 by 1 win which is annoying considering how I lost some of the games.

Got 84 right back and 84 german midfielder as red picks.

Got Veratti from the jumbo rare pack so about 10k coins.

Going to keep my totw pack for a better totw to prolong the disappointment,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Finally got promoted to Div3 which is my usual standard thereabouts so happy with that also with the new divisions it should be Div2 in reality I'll be aiming for.

Kimpembe/ Marquinhos is a huge step up over Alaba/Kounde/Miliato/ Upamecano and I also swapped out Lloris for Donnarumma

• Moderators Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Love putting my time into this great game. 😂 For all that I did some stupid stuff before the goal "presented" itself to the other lad.

Finally finished champs. Very sweaty weekend. Didn’t help that Morientes was awful up front for me. Got Carrasco and Correa anyway in the picks, will keep the TOTW pack for next week as we’ll have an Mbappe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

In regards to content there’s also other game modes outside of Ultimate Team too. You are seeing Superstar teams every match in Ultimate Team now. There’s only so much content they can do.

That winning run on friday has come back to haunt me, 0 from 5 so far in WL, im playing against teams rated 3 and 4 points below mine, who have players like Gomez, Lacroix, Militao, Kimpembe at the back (base cards, no chem boost) ai defending like they are 90ovr, met Maignan the keeper in 3 games and he saved everything, while Neuer my end is ducking and diving everywhere except at the ball. Gonna just pack it in already and go out on the bike

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Going to finish rank 3 in WL. Happy with that for a first go.

When do you get the rewards? Is it as soon as you play your 20? Or is it on Thursday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I let the young lad finish WL for me, he got rank 4, think i'll let him play more often, anyway he opened the 2 red picks, Simon Kjaer in both packs, i now have his base card, TOTW card and now a red pick card, how lucky can i be 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Sobering introduction to Elite div there. Both of the first two games I played against the PSG front 3 spamming skill moves. Nothing is more annoying about FIFA although I really should go over to the dark side and try learn then.

The game should be realistic and be about pass and move not virgins with perfect connections spamming skill moves constantly. Thought it had improved this year in that regard but maybe not

Calling people unreal at skill moves ‘virgins’ is so embarrassing. Wtf?

Well it's partly to do with them clearly spending about a grand on their team also 6 weeks into the game. Sorry if I offended ya

Assuming you’re not a grown man?

It was a throwaway jokey comment on what seems like an easygoing thread. Again, I take it back and apologies if offence was caused

50k preview packs.

RIP markets.

And a special Fellaini 🤩

• Advertisement

And season objective packs to come Friday too. Tempted to buy my team now but waiting for those first.

Advertisement