Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

IF's are really starting to take off now.

Some of my investments (number is the rating, not the amount I have unfortunately 😅):

86 Ilicic bought at 14k, now 23.5k

85 Azpilicueta, bought at 13k, now 18k

84 Locatelli, bought at discard, now at 14.5k

84 Rice bought at discard, now at 14k

If the base icon SBC comes tonight they will shoot up further too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

On my 200th game with gold Alaba, I’ve reached division 1. Not half bad given the calibre of squads I come up against compared to my own. Will be reluctant to drop Alaba given how great he’s been for me, but it’s for the greater good with a Varane - Kimpembe backline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Finished the Fellaini objective, will probably have to sub him on at the start of the match as he seems hard to link.

Sold my RTTK Isak for 95k which isn't bad considering I bought him for 90k the week he came out. He'll probably go up more now but I don't want to take any chances with the way the market is.

Did the silver player objective as well and I finished the silver team milestone at the same time which gives you a rare player pack. Got an untradeable Neuer and Benzema from it which allowed me to sell my Neuer.

Up to 350k in coins now. Trying to find a good 20-30k striker to replace Isak but can't seem to find any. If I could I'd play Arnautovic twice 😀

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Aw snap, base icon SBC is a go!

Is it worth 400k? No.

Am I still going to do it, so I can dream of R9? Hell yeah, baby!

AND a 78+ Player Pick pack? Oh lordy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is there a trick to scoring a goal from a cross? I don't think I've scored a header in Rivals mode yet. 

99% of my crosses float into the grateful arms of the goalkeeper. What is the secret?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Yeah I can’t seem to nail it down either… never goes to my Haaland in the box, always to the other winger or to someone outside the box or just not even anywhere near the box.

Apparently people are packing mid icons in them? Just seen a guy got mid Pele.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If you're going to do that icon SBC you may as well wait until the season ends for the rivals rewards, big untradeable packs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Player picks are paying out this my first one

i find crosses easy enough to do, but you have to know when to time them and where to aim them. There’s zero point aiming a cross into the area close to the keeper. Either an early cross to the edge of the box, or a cross to the front or far post.

there’s not really much you can do but practice I guess. It’s just a knack of knowing when is and isn’t good timing to pass.

Used him in a draft this evening. He’s really, really fun. Well done :)

First five player picks. 82, 86, 86, 87, 82.

I'm very short on fodder of the level needed to do many more though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Did one Player Pick and got Mane. He fits perfectly into my team so that's a win.

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Where is the player pick? I can't see it in SBC?

Edit: found it, never mind. Eyes are painted on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Done that 78+ player pick and i got......drumroll...... Simon Kjaer 😄, he really wants to play on my team,

Finally got something decent from a preview pack, Kimpembe, nice handy 25k profit.

Did about 15 of the 78+ picks and Ederson was the best I got. Robertson came in the same pack which was really irritating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,836 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I hate Dembele with all my heart, not even Mbappe pulls off this kind of **** so consistently

Did 15 of those 78+ picks… pretty good returns: IF James, Muller, Courtois, Hakimi and a handful of 83/84s. Going to fire more of my club into them + the 50 odd cards I’ve got on the transfer list from opening packs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Finally made it into division 1.

I'd been struggling massively at division 2 rank 1 over the last week but went on a good run last night and got over the line.

Sold a lot of my IF investments towards yesterday evening as I was getting impatient and sick of holding them. Lots went with a few more left to shift (harder now as the prices crashed not long after the icon SBC dropped) but I won't be far off the million mark from IF's when they are all sold.

Made a nice bit from Kane's (bought at 33k, sold at 45k) and Benzema's (bought at 29k, sold at 35k) too.

I'll definitely be bringing in Di Natale this week and was all set to bring in Cordoba too, but RTTK De Ligt (who will be upgraded) and Koulibaly are still flying for me so I don't think Cordoba would be worth the near 500k upgrade.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I was 1 win away from the Elite division and 3-1 up in the game that would've gotten me there. Last minute goal made it 3-3, so close!! Lost the next game so I need two wins in a row now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Account was hacked last night, neymar, SIF Vini and anyone else that was worth something all gone :(

Jaysus. Set up the multifactor on your account.

No way EA will do anything about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

thats the thing it was already set up,

ill get onto them but history suggests they wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

To get back to you, Di Natale is definitely worth the coins. Played with him the last week. Works best with another striker to play fast one twos with. Great passing, dribbling and shooting. You'll love him.

Has anyone bothered with the Icon SBC? I put together the 87 squad last night to submit, and then thought "Jesus, this is expensive, considering I'd still have the 84, 85 & 86 still". Don't want to blow half a million worth of fodder on a 200k icon.

(as a quick tip for people, the Klose and Okacha SBCs have two parts to submit 11 rare bronze and 11 rare silver players for 2 rare golds. If you've got a tonne of rare bronze and silvers that aren't worth much, it's worth a gamble throwing them in, even if you're not going to do the rest of the SBCs).

Okocha is 170k more expensive than his market counterpart and the packs you get from the SBC are poor.

Back in previous FIFAs they used to hand out 50k and 100k packs in Icon SBCs for fun.

Also hadn't really thought about it for a while but when was the last time we heard ANYTHING on Icon Swaps?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Happened me last year, over 3 million worth of tradable players at the time all gone! Got onto EA and maybe 6-8 weeks later, I got around the 3m coins back.

Advertisement