Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

3 jumbo rares - Son, Lloris and Hummels the only ones above 85 rated. Aim was to gather fodder for the base icon SBC.

Did the icon sbc anyway - needed to put 280k coins with the fodder. 3 of the 4 packs i got back had nothing but then the last pack (87 rated reward) out pops base icon Bobby Moore (170k ish) - its been years since i got an icon in a pack that wasn't an icon pack.

So then i open my icon pack......

He's worth about a million more than it cost me!! Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Has anyone used Giovanni Simeone yet? The other night I was losing 1-0 with 30 mins to go. I sent Simeone on and he got 2 goals, 1 assist. Not too bad for a debut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,837 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If anyone's on the fence about FB Mahrez he's got my full recommendation. Feels way faster than 88 Pace because his Dribbling is so smooth, Passing and particularly Shooting feel way better than the stats suggest too. Reminds me a lot of this card from 20:

• Administrators Posts: 54,070 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea I have him, I like him but I think I'll stick with RB Arnautovic and use him as a sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

2nd Jumbo pack. TOTW Coda 79ovr and Emi Martinez 84ovr plus 6 duplicates

23 duplicates in 4 packs

• Advertisement

Between my weekly rewards, the season rewards and the 2 season 2 progress packs that I opened all that I got of note was Veratti's base card.

87 which is ok, but only 64 pace, not sure if he's in fashion or not.

Is anyone using the RB Zanilo? Any thoughts on him?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I didn't really. I just did the segments in between opening the packs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Just bought Mario Gomez to pair up front with Lewandowski, going back to the 5212 formation, hope hes as good in fifa as he was at Bayern back in the day

• Advertisement

Yea I looked at it on futbin a few times and couldn't make him fit. A midfield trio of Verratti, Tonali and Vidal would be nice but total lack of pace.

Not really sure where to go now with my team, lady luck deserted me on packs this morning. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭PGE1970

I have him & Milito upfront. Have taken me from Div 5 to Div 3 in 2 days. Simeone is great. Super shot and seems faster than he is.

So this is what I have right now with 400k coins in the bank, any recommendations for upgrades? Considering:

Dropping Politano, making Dybala CF, buying IF Barella ~100k.

Dropping Politano, making Dybala CF, buying RB Verratti ~120k. I am not sure this will work well, I can keep team chem high at 99, but his player chem will only be 6 in best case scenario. Would probably need another PSG player to link with him.

I could replace Skriniar with either Koulibaly base card (~13k) or his special card (~180k). Not sure if the later is worth it.

Any thoughts?

Get kimpembe in if you want Verratti (he is probably the best CB in the game, or one of them at least) and he will link to theo as well, may need to swap goalie to Maignan.

Lozano isntead of insigne maybe (his IF)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Ah ok. That Kroos ended up being my best pull from 90 rares in any case. 85, 84 84 gold's from 3 jumbo packs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Keep saving for Di Natale would be my advice.

That team is absolutely fine, but Koulibaly's gold card is a hell of a lot better than Skriniar.

Di Natale would be a real game changer, anything else you could get in wouldn't make too much difference.

Di Natale at least another 500k+, it would take me weeks to get anywhere near that without spending another penny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

It's nice to have a big target though and it will feel great when you do get him.

Di Natale would be a huge difference maker, and that team you have is more than capable, so anything else you do get won't make all that much difference.

He's "only" 780k-ish now and will probably drop a bit more, so you're not a million miles away already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

just bought 600k worth of 84 IF Smith Rowe for barely above discard price. Just to hold now for a big sbc :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have 20+ packs to open tomorrow. I should get a few Coates, Acerbi and Volland cards from that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Agreed with this tbh, no other obvious upgrades to be made in Serie A at the moment. Maybe hold the coins for a bit and see what new cards & SBCs get released

3 games in Div.5 and so far 1 win, 2 loss, i think i made a mistake trying to get to div.1 last week, played an 88 and two 89ovr teams so far, 1 team had 4 icons in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anybody used RTTK Werner?

I’d have to sell a few cards and it would drain my balance but he does look like he could be a lot of fun. Also when do RTTK cards get their upgrade?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Anyone any idea on what this new promo coming out tomorrow is? I can't claim my packs on the webapp so now wondering shall I just hold them until tomorrows promo.

I think RTTK don't get their upgrades until after the group stages end, even if their team has already qualified.

So that's in December.

Not sure whats happened to Lewandowski since the patch but he is destroying defenders (all except Kimpembe obviously), his ai movement has been superb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Decided against my better judgement to do a Base Icon upgrade. Had to pretty much clean out my club to finish it, without touching my squad.

Trezeguet.

I genuinely don’t think he’d even make my bench.

Fuming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

1 game in and I’m already on the verge of rage discarding Trezeguet. I’ve used better silver players up front, f**king hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Fellaini's the best striker supersub I've used, its like he has a bloody forcefield around him 😂

Advertisement