Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

doing the trial bit when I swore I wouldn't buy the game and enjoying it.

Haven't lost a game yet and upto Div8 now. So tempted but I don't want to plough hours into it this year when EA patch it in a month's time and its basically speed time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

It'll become speed time regardless of patches. Right now everyone has average teams with no chem styles. Later in the chem everyone has teams with maxed out pace

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Using this as my starter team. Williams is a bit meh, but Haaland is great. He's scored 2 or 3 in every game. He's so dangerous from crosses and rapid enough to latch on to over the top through balls. The fact he's only 3 star skills now is fairly irrelevant too.

I've got an untradeable Valverde who I'd like to work in, but would have to drop Adama and don't have coins for Dembele. Very few good right mid options in La Liga.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭piplip87

Just played a few games on Stadia and it's actually fairly good. Great graphically and gameplay wise is a step up from the xbox 1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Pre-order FIFA points and TOTW packs are out. Got an 81 French CAM in mine, so nothing too special. Will save the points for OTW.

• Advertisement

Anyone who played the trial on day one and early launch find the game went sluggish since?.

My thoughts are that the game has got sloppy since last week, where I now think the servers are 99% of gameplay issues.

I keep finding myself bumping into people and not getting the ball, not intercepting, passing with the wrong part of the foot, extra touches etc... I didnt find any of this last week.

As an aside, Toney is lethal.

He has 13 in 11 with 5 assists since I got him. For 18k he has more stats than 86 players like Vardy. Plus he's an aerial threat with is important in next gen(last gen the crossing is still shite).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Got Rashford from the 4600 FIFA points from pre-ordering the game

Was delighted at that and then in the second last one got Varane

Sold Varane because I just can’t stand the thought of having a 300k cb in my team, I’m gonna concede whether he’s there or not anyway

• Administrators Posts: 53,762 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I had about 6 hours left on mine and it disappeared too.

So I'm going to try actually play FUT this year, never really got invested in it in previous FIFAs. Pre-ordered ultimate edition so I get the 4600 points.

I see you lads post your starter teams and they seem mad good. So what's the tactics to get that? I look this stuff up but the internet is full of conflicting info, do buy golds, dont buy golds etc etc.

I am thinking take the 4600, buy all gold packs, sell everyone and anyone except anyone exceptionally good or who I want to keep in my team, then I should have enough to buy a decent team, right? Do some SBCs and squad battles?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I saw a tweet about this from them. Pretty poor from them that you couldn't play the full 10 hours to test the game when a lot of people have the full game from early access today!! I had 10 hours from the PS5 and another 10 from the PS4 that I didn't get to finish either trial.

Looking on the mobile app I didn't get my fifa points awarded yet. I guess I have to open up the game and it will add them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Finally got access to the mobile and web app today. Unfortunately, it has locked me out of the transfer market for a few days because I have no history of FIFA on PlayStation. It's very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

There are 83 rated cards going for 800-900 coins from top 5 leagues, surely good for trading? Would imagine they could double or triple in value when SBCs start coming out

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The new Rivals system feels terrible, every time you win you can go up a Division and face tougher opponents, every time you lose you stay in the same Division and face the same opponents, so every win makes the rest of your matches harder forever with no way of going back down until the season ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I need help lads, I havent played FUT in a few seasons now and thought I would give the early access a go and maybe get into it again this year.

I got slaughtered, think I won like 2 out of 15 games with a decent Bundesliga team on 100 chemistry. Will it get easier when the full game is out and more casuals play? If not, I may not bother!

Also what formation to use? Currently using 4-4-2 just.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I wonder is this their solution to stop self-relegation for people who do it to complete objectives much easier?

I think it's the early access as my experience is the same. Even in Seasons I am stuck in like Div 9 when I was in Div 2 in Fifa 21.

Vilnius Jr and TOTW Dzeko packed so far in my free packs.

edit: and that’s as good as it got…

Agreed, I played about 14 hours over the two 10 hour trials on PS4 and PS5. I'm up in Div 7 at the minute but after 7 wins there is no more rewards to go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Not sure how true it is but I read for the early access rivals division wasn't included in matchmaking so you wouldn't be wasting your 10 hours waiting for a game. So even if you were in Div 10 you could be matched with a Div 5 player which would explain the difficulty spike.

Got 82 Caputo as my totw pre order player. Going to hold off on spending the fifa points until otw releases.

Sold my pack pulls and now have around 25 IF Dzeko bought for 11k. Going to invest what I have left in premier league 83/84s in the hope they rise if we get a potm Antonio sbc on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,566 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm finding this as well. It's most obvious when someone plays a through ball in behind your defence. Have had a few where I can see what's coming and I am rying desperately to switch to the other CB to start him running the right way and it just won't swap to him. Or worse it does swap but as you swap he just stops moving altogether and ends up way out of position.

• Advertisement

L1 player switch is definitely not right. I thought it was fine in 21 but now I find myself having to hit it 2 or 3 times to get the player I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

The rivals carry on with no relegation has resulted in a lot of rage quits in my games. I guess for a lot of people there is now little punishment in quiting. Div 1 will have dinner of players after a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Agree on the switching.

The more I play the more I notice CB's tracking runs from the striker everywhere also.

So for example, a striker could make a run towards goal from about 40 yards out, and the CB will continually follow him no matter what, even into the box! Whereas if he just let him go, the striker would be miles offside.

Anyone else noticed the above or am I imagining it?

I often find my back 4 is dragged way out of position and I'm not pressing R1 for additional press either. Wasn't sure if it was my bad tactics or just overly zealous AI.

When they're all pulled out of shape a through ball is super easy for the attacker.

I usually use the toggle to switch players, any time I use the L1 it's all over the place!!

I can see what ye mean about the player switch.

I dont think it's any more or less broken than last year, just in a new way. Ball on the left of your goal and giving you the CB on the opposite side etc.

Im not enjoying the game at all since launch.

Im 99% convinced the game is fine and the issue is the servers as it played so much better last week.

Now everything is off. Passing with the wrong foot, wrong angle since the last analogue shift isnt working, defenders not winning the ball, player switch.. just everything is messy.

In my last game I had two chances conceded as the ball just hit off my player and ricocheted towards my goal, he scored one and fluffed the other. Not one instance of that kind of nonsense last week.

If they dont improve the servers over the next month or so I'll pack it in.

Its clear to me now most of the issues in the gameplay is just down to penny pinching on the server side.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,566 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah I spotted this earlier when I was attacking. Was trying to figure out where the fúck Toney had disappeared to and he was in the opposition box being marked by a CB 30 yards behind the rest of his team.

When it first came out last week I was enjoying it but I've lost like 7 games on the trot now and I have noticed more silly things happening, some of these games have been losing to better players due to the matchmaking issues but definitely a few were just down to weirdness.

Players messing up for no reason, like the ball bouncing off them in bizarre ways, being super slow to react etc.

Getting a bit frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've lost like 7 Rivals games in a row, I'm just not good enough to be at this rank right now and I'm stuck here for over a month because of this new system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Surely EA will have to change the Rivals system. I don't want to be stuck in a higher division just because I get a winning streak going. It could be I play a few people who just quit early. I had one game earlier where they kicked off, scored an OG and quit. What's that about?

Right now I'm struggling to score and losing matches 1 and 2 nil.

Advertisement