Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The Icon SBCs are pretty bad value and you're unlikely to pack anything worthwhile. Better off doing a player SBC like Benzema or Neres where you can at least see what you're getting

Benzema no use to me really. Neres too hard to fit in.

Maybe I’ll just save until there’s a player SBC I like the look of

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Finished 12-5, got nothing of note in my player picks or from the packs.

Man the toxicity really ramps up when you reach a high enough elo. Had two people message me saying I was lucky. Another guy kept inviting me to a party when it went to extra time - Thankfully managed to beat him.

The worst was a person messaging me saying that I hope my dog died of cancer (have the doggo as my profile picture) after I beat him. It'd really make you wonder and would put you off giving out free wins. I got zero given to me this week, gave out my last three and received zero thank you messages. The community can be a cesspit at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Nah, it's probably the worst use of fodder available.

I'm just at the stage with the game now where I'm getting sick of the recent gameplay so it's a 0.00001% chance at packing something that might keep me playing for a while.

There's a Cheillini flashback SBC coming later which might be of interest to you? 🙂

• Advertisement

I’ve been waiting on that. Presumably it’s today so?

I packed IF Bonucci and I’m playing him instead of Koulibaly. He’s slower, but he can actually pass the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Decided to finally get around to improving my team today, even though results are fairly good it’s been stagnant for far too long. Got the likes of Neymar, Marquinhos, Salah and the immortal Kimpembe in and it seemed wise to do the Cech SBC to sort my keeper out for the rest of the game.

What I didn’t account for was what I’d get in the packs for doing Cech….

Ole and Ronnie up front, you’d swear I was a United fan. 😂

The first line of your post aged badly Brent. 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I’m in the process of fleshing out the squads for the icon SBC to see how much I need to spend to complete it… even with 5.8m sitting in my account, I’m hesitant to do it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Finished the Black Friday objective. Hero Gomez, IF Trapp and my FORTH de Jong of the week.

Also have the Hero SBC 90% done and am fully expecting another Gomez.

• Advertisement

So I’m torn between three options now for my frontline. I can stick with Ronaldo and Solskjaer, or I could sell Ronaldo and go with Mid Torres and Solskjaer up front. The other one is replacing Ole with Robbie Keane but I’d have to sell off a good chunk of my club to afford that.

Current team looks like this, only change in-game is KDB going to CAM in a 352, and Saul is there purely for chemistry, might bring in Pogba instead but I wasn’t a fan when I used him previously:

Any suggestions for the strike partnership? They’re both tradeable so I can sell either one.

I had a look earlier, I can complete it without buying anyone but it would literally empty my club.

With my wise head on, the chances of getting someone I can use is tiny, so I’ll hold off.

I did it with fodder so didn't need to spend anything extra.

Torres.

Had a go at the Hero SBC then (again didn't need to spend anything) and ended up with Cahill.

If that's not enough to put you off.....😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

did the hero's sbc and bagged Robbie Keane, Is he any good in the game, I currently have a French squad with Mpabbe and Benzema up front with Fekir tucked in behind, Keane might be good as a super sub.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Yea he’s good, played against him a good few times and he always scores.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Im done with the Hero sbcs now. Got the Mexican keeper this time to go with the Saudi lad I got last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Decided to do the benzema sbc as it only cost me 20k plus fodder.

Did the 84+player pick flash sbc and got TOTW Depay. I was delighted thinking I made some coins but he's only 20k so might as well hold on to him.

Probably going to invest 350k into IF Declan Rice. He's still around 12k but Reece James has shot up to 17k.

Chiellini SBC dropped. I am unsure.

Is there any reason to do this SBC vs buying the cheaper SS Skriniar?

Koehler from my Hero SBC. Two German Heroes today, so.

might do Chong next for my United P&P team.

• Advertisement

Just came up against this team…

I lost undeservedly in extra time. He was passing it around the back when he took the lead.

Red picks:

Mings

Felipe

Silver stars Phil Jones!!!

Just played a guy in playoffs, he had Neymar, Mbappe, Messi, Ginola, Cordoba. Kimpembe obviously

toxic scumbag. Kept going into the corner with Mbappe or Neymar and just doing stepovers.

OMG, it’s even for the “diving header.”

90 rated defender with a shadow. He’s absolutely not a 74 😂

6-3 in qualifiers, so into my second ever finals.

Did the Chiellini. I like him. He is a beast physically.

Making a nice bit off this since 6pm content.

It has slowed down now as it always does later at night, but 83's were flying out at 2.5k and 84's at 4.5k. Barella is even going for 5.5k because of Chiellini. Fernando was up to 5.2k even yesterday.

My only regret is the prices dropped even lower over the weekend, so the 83's I would have been able to pick up for around 1.2k and the 84's for just under 3k if I had been a bit more patient.

No movement on the 86's yet as they'll be a longer hold, but all in all I should clear close to 500k-ish profit when all is sold up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Did another Hero and got Clint Dempsey, no bloody more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Meh, no Maignan, Kimpembe, or Fekir, you should have won 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Almost enough… my last two hero SBCs gave me Dempsey and Ole! I think I’m still gonna do the base icon anyway.

Advertisement