Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

**** all fodder left in the club, spent 80k picking up some missing cards. Got Vieira :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Got him in the first base icon sbc, unreal card.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CR7 officially bought.

few days ago, I was thinking I’d need to sell up 30-40 IFs to afford him. Didn’t have to sell any in the end. Last few days have been insane for sales.

Road to Neymar starts today 😛

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I've won 9 rivals games in a row now and found myself back in Div 1.

I'm not finding Ronaldo as OP as he was a few weeks ago.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Now that I have Chiellini and De Ligt it opens up Donnarumma in GK.

Is it worth spending the coins to go from gold Szczesny to a Donnarumma?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Honestly mate GK's are so subjective that if you ask 10 different people you'll get 10 different answers.

Take that Cech SBC for example. I've seen pros using him and loads of reviews online saying he's great, but every game I've come up against him he has been absolutely awful. Palming shots back to my attackers and generally letting shots he should save roll in.

Donnarumma does seem to be the best gold GK in the game, but you just have to be prepared that he won't be a magic pill and he'll still do the frustrating things that Szczesny and every other GK does too.

Yea fair point. This is where I'm at now. I suppose the obvious upgrade is Hernandez's 86 card. I am unsure on the longevity of Tonali given he's not going to get an upgrade, but it's not like there are many Serie A alternatives. I have RTTK Vidal who is likely to go to an 87 so he may come back in to the team. Politano I think is due to go to 86.

Cuadrado must surely get a special card at some point.

What's your plans for your squad @BrentMused ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Game is taking the p now, played a match there v a guy with a superstar team but a 69ovr french silver keeper, 71 reflexes, 65 positioning, playing behind Kimpembe and Kounde of course.

Lost 2-0, i had 14 shots 11 on target, mr Dreyer in goal saved 9 of them

Nice team and it's pretty much identical to mine bar one or two!

Hernandez will be useable for a while yet so I wouldn't go upgrading him. He's still up there as a top LB in the game IMO.

My plan now is to save up for a big icon, someone like Puskas/Maradona/Cantona, as my next upgrade. I could hybrid out of Serie A but I'm finding I'm still doing well in Rivals, qualifying for Champs and hitting my 8 wins in same as normal and I enjoy using the Serie A players especially Di Natale who plays like a 2m+ icon, so I'll stick with it.

An icon would also allow me to use Mane on 7 chem instead of Insigne who I feel is the main weak point in my team now, so that's what I'm looking at next.

I'm also strongly considering Hero Cordoba for Koulibaly. I love Koulibaly and he has been a staple of my team since day one, but I'm finding his passing is becoming more of a problem each week.

So an icon plus Cordoba likely my next big upgrades over the next few weeks.

How about you and how are you finding Di Natale actually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yep I used him last night for a game before heading off.. got MOTM. Poor opponent couldn’t get past my halfway line as Vieira was intercepting everything.

• Advertisement

Di Natale is incredible, pretty much guaranteed a goal a game from him. Agree 100% on Koulibaly, I couldn't deal with his awful passing any more. It was a total lottery passing it to him. The Cordoba hero is good, any time I've played against him he's been a nuisance.

The good icons are mad money, would take me so long to save that up. I think I'm going to avoid any big spending until the RTTK cards get their upgrades, so I can see what Vidal, De Ligt and Politano are like then. Dybala is another who will surely get a special card at some point?

The past few days I have actually noticed I've been doing much better in Rivals and Champs. I am wondering if Black Friday brought a lot of casuals back, and it'll be back to the usual sweatfest from tomorrow.

I also see that the Pro cards are back, Diogo Jota was streaming yesterday showing off his 99 card.

After reverting back to 4-3-2-1 I started to put a good run together in Rivals so had enough points yesterday to give Champs qualifying another go (I gave my games away at 3-0 the other day as I was just hating every second of the gameplay).

I've never tried on a Sunday before but had heard it was easier (I usually go 5-1 or 5-2 during the week) so said I'd try it out.

Went 5-3 so I'm in for next weekend anyway if I decide to redeem it. To be honest I found it a bit harder. I was finding I was either coming up against awful players or excellent players with red picks in their team who destroyed me, nothing in between.

Makes sense as it's probably a mix of those who have failed to qualify and have racked up the points over the weekend for another go, or those who have finished their WL and decided to get qualifying done early for next week.

I've never played the actual WL on a Sunday either as I'm usual out and about but again have heard it's easier. I'm free this Sunday so may wait and try play on Sunday to see if there's much difference.

I went 6-3 yesterday, got 2 free wins and won the other 4 legit.

Was pretty easy, truth be told. Only 1 of the wins went the full 90, the other 3 I went 2 or 3 up in the first half and they quit.

0-3 in qualifiers before Ronaldo.

5-3 after Ronaldo 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

At the start i was very tempted to get Tonali but i have 87 kessie instead he is a fantastic card to have.

So your Ronaldo is banging them in for you? I find mine isn't performing as well as he used to for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I just got Clarence Seedorf from the Base Icon pack. Good or not? 😕

Yeah that's a decent pull.

He's a really good box-to-box midfielder.

Happy days, I will give him a go. Had a look at them all there and there is a lot worse, didnt realise how many of them there is!

• Advertisement

Finished 12-7 in champs so 3 red picks - best red out of 15 possible options was an 86 Trapp. Best from the jumbo rare players was totw bonucci. Nothing from the mega pack. TOTW pack were all discards.

The 19 games in a nutshell:

2 gifted wins, 1 console crashing during a win which turned into a loss, 2 messages advising me of my use of the mother's credit card (which gave myself and the missus a good laugh, knowing what the mother is like). Actually glad champs is done for another week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone with rare golds left, get on that 82+ upgrade SBC immediately, it’s stupidly profitable. Two rare golds and five commons gets you an 82 plus rated player, including all the TOTWs and Signature Signings.

I’ve done about 8 already, and I’ve packed Haaland, Suarez, Ederson, Thiago and IF Berghuis. The hit rate is incredible in this one for how little it costs. Going to rinse everything into this one and I’ll get at least one Icon out of it.

On the other hand, i opened 10 - Gundogan 85 , De gea 84, 3 x 83s and 5 x 82s. Twice it gave me back one of the cards i submitted 🤣

Edit did 7 more - 1 x 82 and 6 x 83

Hope you lads have marty's luck and not mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Last few for me haven’t been as good but I’ve yet to get any player below 83 and I’m still mostly getting at least 84s from it. Considering all the good SBCs require 83 squads at a minimum, this is working out great for me. 😀

I done 6 there. 82s, 83s, Busquests and Casemiro, not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Think there was a post a few pages back about why you would put an 82 squad into doing that Silver Moments Deeney, well my advice is absolutely don’t sleep on these type of cards. Ordinarily an 82 squad for a 74 rated player is no value whatsoever but obviously in these cases they are absolutely worth doing for the Silver lounge challenges - Deeney has been a beast and I just done that Phil Jones card, used him once and he was just holding/knocking ordinary silver strikers off with ease

Done 8, got an 87 84 3 83’s (two Zapata) and 3 82’s

He’s not a good as last year. But he’s doing very good for me.

I also think there’s a psychological aspect to it. People seem to play different against him, backing off, dropping deep, etc. I’m still struggling a bit in Rivals, but I’ve managed to hit about 50/50 wins in Rivals which is better than the 100% loss ratio I had before, lol

Two 84s, an 83 and two 82s.

• Advertisement

I find Ronaldo and Messi grand to defend against. It's Mbappe and Fekir and Dembele that are the pain.

Advertisement