Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

RTTK cards getting upgraded :)

Fred, Silva, Gravenbach and de Ligt all upgraded for me. Love when your squad gets improvements without meaning to.

downside, Fekir upgraded too…

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

When does that take effect? De Ligt still 87 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

They made a balls of the upgrades as Sane and Vidals price range has ended up as max 32k or something, both gone extinct now.

Just checked again, are you sure De Ligt got upgraded? I think it's only the 3 win upgrade they've done, not the qualification one, and I don't think Juventus have got the 3 yet?

Ah balls, really? Thought I saw him listed as one being bounced up last night. Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Got Petit done last night with all my fodder, only cost me 17k in coins for Lloris to get him finished.

Played one game with him and so far so good, himself and Kante together are dominant in midfield. Not sure if he's worth the cost of the SBC as it's not the cheapest one by any means, but if you have plenty of fodder it's not a bad idea. It's a midfielder you won't have to worry about replacing until next April at the earliest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Has anyone tried FB Benzema? Thinking of bringing him in, could line up like this…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

That back 4 and Keeper, you sir are a disgrace 😉

Fekir and Kante too.

You should change your username to Mr Meta

• Advertisement

Haha :D I haven't used Fekir in ages, and everyone is banging on about him still. Messi can't even get into my team anymore. I done the Gelson Martins SBC and have been enjoying that card also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Fekir I’ve never gotten along with… can’t seem to get him to work effectively. Flashback Benzema tho is quality, really smooth dribbling for his body type and great pace/finishing to match.

So i have inadvertantly found my way back to a mostly PL team from a portugese team, running 5212 formation, i sold Bergkamp for a huge profit, some guy must have bought now by mistake but i'll take that luck cos its definitely not translating to matches, bought 86 Raul (because i loved watching him real madrid) to play CAM behind Openda and Lukaku with Bruno and De Bruyne in CM.

Hopefully i'll get some wins this evening, very unlikely though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Decided to rinse all my common golds into the ligue 1 upgrade and then the rares from that into the 81+ ligue 1 pack. Got absolutely nothing from it.

Opened a gold pack with 1 rare from some obective and got an 86 rated IF.

Opened my preview pack and out pops IF Marquinhos 😁

Already have the best defender in the world untradeable in Kimpembe so sold him for 200k.

Up to 400k now with about 20 Declan Rice IFs on the transfer list as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just after replacing Ronaldo with Mid Torres. It remains to be seen whether he’s an improvement or not, but that was purely for sentimental reasons. He’s the only player in the game I really wanted from the beginning, so I’m happy out. Looking forward to his prime version coming out, going to start saving for that now. 😀

Team is looking good now, don’t see anywhere I could improve it without buying another Icon, but I might bring RTTK De Ligt back in once he gets upgraded:

Nothing annoys me more then winning games against these lads with superstar teams who, when they cant beat me spamming skill moves, they then just run to the endline and use that ball across box glitch, 3 games in a row and 3 draws because of it

1 win off Div1 now. Not sure I want to win this game or not…

Go for it, I got to to within 1 win of Div.2 4 times this evening and then get f'd over by conceding the most craziest of stupid goals, if i could figure out how to record them (new to ps4) and then post on here, i'd be only to happy to show them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

I have both of them up front (like everyone else!) and am quite happy with them. They seem about equally effective so I can't see myself dropping Fekir once he gets the upgrade anyway. Finally bought Gold Messi on Sunday and while some dont seem to like him, I've been finding him insane. Instantly scoring most of my goals from CAM, just a step ahead of anything I've used so far.

I played with a mate yesterday who's very handy and he gave advice afterwards to do everything I can to just stop sprinting all the time. Have really made an effort not to and the difference has been insane, went from struggling bigtime at D1 R3 to going on a run and making elite div tonight. May just be lucky matchmaking of course and il probably regret going up but I do seem to be playing better overall, aided by Messi. Left thumb feels like it's about to fall off though with the greater focus on L dribbling

One of those nights, conceding goals from Ball Ricochets every.... single.... match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

That Troy Deeney card is insane in Silver Lounge. He just smashes everything in from anywhere, it’s like having a cheat code

We’ll I’m 4 wins off it again.

lost the big game 7-6 and his winner was a complete farce and that just triggered me for the night.

Should have stopped playing but I'm an idiot and persisted, got to within 1 win of Div1 3 times but lost every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

So that pre-order free Hero player dropped. Having already packed ginola and keane in the first 2 Hero sbcs and using both in my squad, there was only 1 Hero left that I use and paid coins for......Cordoba. up pops the Colombian flag and I'm up 400k.

I may have feck all luck with the upgrade packs this year but when it comes to heros and icons, I'm laughing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Joe Cole for me this time… it’s an improvement anyway on the Morientes, Dempsey and Ole I got in the upgrade SBCs.

Ah, IF Mings. His price has cropped back up to 13-14k after spending the last week at 10-11k. He netted me at least 500k over the weekend, but can't justify restocking him anymore now.

Black Friday weekend was awesome imo. Loads of fun SBCs, loads of easy to earn packs, and a great weekend for trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Agreed - content over BF was class. Difficult not to make some profit from it. There were also so many milestone players/objectives added recently that there is plenty to keep ya busy.

Jesus, I've had no luck with hero cards...

First one I did I got Milito, then the next was Al Jaber, then I got Campos and now with the pre order pack I got Dudek!!

Altogether they are worth 93.2k according to FUTbin, which is less than the cost of doing the SBC that's there now to get one of them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got Morientes from my pre order pack. Not great but not terrible either. Was hoping for abedi Pele but at least he can be part of the past and present Liverpool squad I'll inevitably build.

There are some right weirdos playing this game. Had one guy message me abuse because I didn't quit in a friendly match after he scored ?! Even after EA have added all objectives to modes that literally don't matter still some people can't help but take the game insanely seriously.

Anyway, what's the next expected promo ? Do they still do the daily Christmas player sbcs in December ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Next up is Team of the Group Stage (TOTGS) this Friday.

It usually offers some really good cards of players that have done well in the group stage of the European competitions.

Then it will be Freeze or whatever they're calling their Winter cards this year!

• Advertisement

Advertisement